What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs' Mike Bohn's work not yet done

Add Stanford into that mix. Went to the Stanford Oregon State game over the Thanksgiving holiday and no beer but the Stanford Alums that tailgate do drink wine instead of beer lol!

117 is the first move. That needs to be a section that's paying premium pricing along with a large donation.

Probably have to do it incrementally for additional moves. But I'd put a 5-year plan in place to reconfigure seating at Folsom. Students should have Sections 109-114 with 109 being the band section. You could also go 203-213. Make the entire South endzone for students.

Oh hell no! Students are the lifeblood of the program and should not be relegated to ****ty seats!

117 is the first move. That needs to be a section that's paying premium pricing along with a large donation.

Probably have to do it incrementally for additional moves. But I'd put a 5-year plan in place to reconfigure seating at Folsom. Students should have Sections 109-114 with 109 being the band section. You could also go 203-213. Make the entire South endzone for students.

Your gain on 115 would only be about 350 a seat and it is a smaller section we should leave that for the kids.

Good point, abs. 117 is the key. 116 is pretty valuable, too.

One way we could make this happen more quickly with increasing our season ticket base is to discount for recent graduates (last 5 years maybe). But we really need to market like maniacs to anyone who has owned season tix in the past 10 years but no longer does.

I also think we need to move toward the stadium seating upgrade at Folsom. People who pay for premium seats want a defined space, not a bleacher. The CU AD needs to recognize that the Buffs are in competition with the Broncos for the sports entertainment dollar of football fans in metro Denver. Amenities need to compare.

http://www.business.com/directory/advertising_and_marketing/event_and_conference_planning/conference_and_convention_centers/arenas_and_stadiums/stadium_seating/

These guys did some of the big ones:
http://www.irwinseating.com/sports-facilities.php?tab=3

Finally, the West Side Flatiron Club needs to be improved to match the East Stadium Club. Club seats have a 33% smaller donation attached to them. Fix Balch, expand the West premium seating, and make it nicer.

I think you mean 117. I sit in 119 and I'm pretty sure we pay for those seats.

But yeah, they could, and should, reconfigure the student section. I'd actually suggest taking both 117 and 116 out of the Student section, and moving those student seats to the upper level on the South side. There are four tunnels that access the South side of the Stadium. That could all be student access. It makes it a lot easier.

OTOH, the allbuffs seats are in the second level of the South Endzone, so that could be a bit of an issue for us.

I vote for that student move idea! Since my seats are in 118 and everyone there has to stand up half of the time anyway.

I vote for that student move idea! Since my seats are in 118 and everyone there has to stand up half of the time anyway.

you disappoint me hugegroove... i thought you loved seeing my smiling face standing adjacent to you...

I vote for moving the students to a section where they can rush the field more easily.

There's really no reason for students to have 50 yard line seats. Those are premium seating that should command premium pricing.

Yeah, **** the students. They never show any energy for the game anyway, so we should tuck them away farthest from the field and replace them with old ****ers who will do the proper thing and clap and sit during the whole game.

I think that giving students 50 yard line seats for next to nothing plays into a sense of entitlement and unrealistic expectations. I don't know many times I have heard younger Buff fans say that their plan is to buy the cheapest seat they can and then stand with the students in some of the stadium's best seats.

There's absolutely no incentive to buy season tickets or to look at upgrading. Just go squeeze into the student section. For most, they will never be able to afford season tickets that give them a better seat at Folsom than they had as a student. That's pretty much because there isn't a better seat at Folsom.

Yeah, **** the students. They never show any energy for the game anyway, so we should tuck them away farthest from the field and replace them with old ****ers who will do the proper thing and clap and sit during the whole game.

Who's saying "**** the students?" You think it's a good idea to give away 50-yard line seats at student ticket prices when they could be getting over $100 per seat? Is that a good business model? I'm not advocating taking any seats away from students at all. Just move the section. What on Earth entitles them to such great seats? This is a business here. I understand the need to provide an area for the students to watch the game. That's imperative. It's also imperative that they be a big part of the game-day atmosphere. But it's absurd to throw money away like that.

When there's a waiting list for CU season tickets, then perhaps this discussion can be had. Until then, however, I think it's ludicrous. The student allottment at least sells out the vast majority of the time, something that cannot be said for the rest of the stadium. ****, we didn't even have a waiting list during the Mac years, when we likely were at our pinnacle of success.

When there's a waiting list for CU season tickets, then perhaps this discussion can be had. Until then, however, I think it's ludicrous. The student allottment at least sells out the vast majority of the time, something that cannot be said for the rest of the stadium. ****, we didn't even have a waiting list during the Mac years, when we likely were at our pinnacle of success.

This argument makes no sense. Where are the seats that we're having difficulty selling? In the South End Zone. We're not having any issues selling seats between the 35 and 50 yard line - at premium pricing to boot. If anything, this move would help fill the stadium.

I'd even go so far as to say that if they did open up Sec 117, my Dad and I would probably think about upgrading our seats. We've sat in the same spot for something like 25 years, but a lot of the folks that we've gotten to know over the years have either moved away or given up their seats. A move/upgrade might be in order.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think students should be moved out of 117 and into another section. This is coming from someone that had student tickets in that section for 4 years (2 as a "senior" and 2 as a grad student). I thought it at the time that it was nuts to give a season ticket to students in prime seating for $30/season and I think it's nuts now when a comparable section/seat (sec 118) donation is $300/seat on top of the season ticket cost.

as a sec. 117'er for 5 years as a grad student, i thought it was insane to seat us there. 40$ a season ticket, on the 40, row 20. really?

put the donors there. for 40$ a pop per season, i'd have been happy anywhere in the lower bowl.

How many seats are in a row in 118? and 119?

Multiply that by 50 rows at a net gain of 650 a seat.

Those super cheap student tickets cost 40 bucks plus tuition and living expenses.

not for most grad students they don't. we had tuition waivers and 16,500$ a year stipend and CU's crap health insurance. only the senior undergrads sit in 117. and, of my ticket group, i'm the only one of 5 of us still in Colorado. rest are in Ohio, Texas, New York, Australia.....so, i think it's much smarter to give those student tix to people (law students, b-schoolers) who are likely to stay in the area, use their advanced degrees, and make some coin and give back.

assholes like me, we don't make crap and are likely to leave the state when any job presents. CU isn't paying competitive salaries, to be honest.

Except for Dal Ward seats, I believe all the lower deck sections have 50 rows. I don't have the further details.

yeah I back checked my emails, 50 rows is correct does 40 ish seats sound right? I am near the middle and have 16/15. If so we are talking about net gain of $1.3 million per season.

Back