What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU chancellor Phil DiStefano says academic review committee working well

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Kyle Ringo Buffzone.com

University of Colorado chancellor Phil DiStefano and faculty athletic representative David Clough said the first year went smoothly for a five-member committee that reviews the academic credentials of high-risk students being recruited by the athletic department.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

"When you look at the new APR rules coming up in the next four years, there are going to be some major changes and we want to make sure that we're ahead of the curve," DiStefano said. "The sanctions are pretty severe. ... I think what all of us are concerned about, the coaches, the faculty, the staff is that we want to be competitive and we want to be in those championship games and we want to be able to not only win those championship games but be able to go on to bowl games and other NCAA finals. I think other schools are doing the same thing as far as looking at recruits coming in and making sure they are going to stay eligible and also be competitive on the field."

I wish I could kiss Phil right now.

:thumbsup:

This is what I'm talking about!

"When you look at the new APR rules coming up in the next four years, there are going to be some major changes and we want to make sure that we're ahead of the curve," DiStefano said. "The sanctions are pretty severe. ... I think what all of us are concerned about, the coaches, the faculty, the staff is that we want to be competitive and we want to be in those championship games and we want to be able to not only win those championship games but be able to go on to bowl games and other NCAA finals. I think other schools are doing the same thing as far as looking at recruits coming in and making sure they are going to stay eligible and also be competitive on the field."

I wish I could kiss Phil right now.

:thumbsup:

This is what I'm talking about!

Talk is cheap Phil!

Happy to hear those words, but we're far past that. Time for action

Instead of we want, it should be we will. Wanna have a winning attitude, come the hell with it already. W's equal money, and thats what pisses me off about the academic folk that cry foul. I would have to think in some way, shape, or form they benefit. Does that not happen at CU?

That's a step in the right direction.

There are words and deeds.

I'm not sure about what to expect with regards to the facilities announcement that is under consideration for going on twelve years now.

Back