1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU, CNGC To Host 2012 Women’s Regional

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 23, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

It's been just over a year since the Colorado National Golf Club in Erie was renamed and dedicated as the University of Colorado's home course, and it has received more national recognition as it will serve as host to the 2012 Women's Golf NCAA West Regional.

More...

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good work by the AD and CNGC management on raising the profile of the course and CU's golf programs. I'm very hopeful that the relationship could eventually be profitable enough to endow all of our golf scholarships and coach salaries.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

my step-dad is a big-wig in the USGA and OU golf donor and he got there by lobbying for this kind of stuff, working amateur events, spending his saturdays setting pins at local OSGA events. as a result, the OU golf course has hosted the NCAA and the Amateur Publinks a couple times. that's how it works. and i'm really happy to see CU acquire Colorado National and get it out there as a resource for the university and golf teams as a tournament site. i just wish there were some more effort to bridge the CNGC and the Boulder Campus and student body at large. i think that would go along way to building more support.