1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU coach Bzdelik interviews for T-wolves job

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

CU coach Bzdelik interviews for T-wolves job
    By Chris Tomasson

LAS VEGAS — University of Colorado basketball coach Jeff Bzdelik is being looked at again by the NBA.

Bzdelik confirmed to the Rocky Mountain Independent on Thursday afternoon that he has interviewed with the Minnesota Timberwolves about their open head-coaching position. A source close to the situation earlier had told the RMI that Bzdelik interviewed this week with Timberwolves general manager David Kahn at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.

“While I was out in Las Vegas, there was conversation with Minnesota,’’ said Bzdelik, who was in Las Vegas from Monday through Wednesday. “Any further conversation would require permission from the University of Colorado.’’

Bzdelik called it an “unexpected’’ conversation with the Timberwolves. He said he primarily went to the summer league to see former Buffaloes star Richard Roby playing for Oklahoma City.

More...

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Is the writer trying to make a something out of nothing here? Or did Jeff actually expect the TWolves to contact him?

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

In a way, this could be good for the program because of the publicity.

As I posted on Rivals, I hope it gets publicized all over ESPN and other media outlets, and then Coach Bz turns them down with a statement about how much he loves CU and how the program is on the cusp of big things.

That would be the best scenario for CU.

4. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:nod: Agree.

This isn't suprising news.

5. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Can anyone tell me why the TPuppies would even offer him the position? He has yet to show results at CU.

6. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

From the Camera:

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/jul/16/cus-bzdelik-has-casual-conversation-nbas-timberwol/

7. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

8. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

agreed. I still like Bz a lot and think a lot of him due to his record before he got to CU. However, the body of work he's done in Boulder has to make him less attractive to NBA teams...right? Twolves are weird though - Rubio AND Flynn...???

9. NiTownBuff

NiTownBuff Club Member Club Member

Bzdelik is very highly respected in NBA circles, both for how he coached the no-talent Nuggets, and his scouting ability. It's not surprising that rebuilding NBA teams are interested in him to build their foundation. I'm sure the hoops community knows what a big repair job it was to come to Colorado, and the results of the past two seasons will not hurt his coaching stature. Hopefully this story will give the program a little bit of positive publicity, with the coach being mentioned in the Bulls search last year and now the TWolves. I am still very confident that Bz will stay here and get the job done - NCAAs in 2 years.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

This was NOT an interview.