What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU/CSEwe at the used diaphragm....

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
Woody Paige, DPO sports hack, opines about the Dem conventio and the fouling of the field by the Dems a few days before the Rocky Mtn. Spankdown. The metaphor of the used diaphragm and the Dems somehow resonates with me. I also like the "John-Boy Hickenlooper" line. Woody is certainly not a favorite of mine, but he deserves a pat on the fanny for this article.:wink2:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9822091

meh - much ado about nothing if you ask me. Both teams will have to play on the same field. BO was talking about having some kind of rally at Folsom anyway, so it's not like Folsom will be immune to the chaos either.

Think you'll feel the same way when we lose a key player to a season-ending injury due to stepping in some pothole on the field?

I hope they take some good precautions to protect the field, or better yet, make them fill the stands and keep the idots off the field.

Think you'll feel the same way when we lose a key player to a season-ending injury due to stepping in some pothole on the field?

I hope they take some good precautions to protect the field, or better yet, make them fill the stands and keep the idots off the field.

Puh-lease. :huh:

There won't be any potholes on the field. They will cover it with a temp floor and it will be fine. This is making a mountain out of a molehill. They have concerts at the stadium in the middle of football season and nobody says a thing, but when it's a political event - OH HEAVENS!!!

I'm more concerned with the stink left behind by O'Clinton and his minions. That's going to take weeks to wash away.

This one's great :lol::

Turning over the distribution of the free tickets to the Rockies, who would charge $200 per seat, accuse "Internet terrorists" of blowing up the website and end up having 76,000 seats filled with Democrats/Red Sox fans from Boston?

The first time Woody used the diaphragm metaphor for Invesco many years ago was one of his best columns. Too funny.

Puh-lease. :huh:

There won't be any potholes on the field. They will cover it with a temp floor and it will be fine. This is making a mountain out of a molehill. They have concerts at the stadium in the middle of football season and nobody says a thing, but when it's a political event - OH HEAVENS!!!

I'm more concerned with the stink left behind by O'Clinton and his minions. That's going to take weeks to wash away.

Will believe it when I see it. So go Puh-lease yourself. :smile2:

Will believe it when I see it. So go Puh-lease yourself. :smile2:

i'd believe it. i am sure that the broncs are none too eager for season-ending injuries, either, owing to holes in the ground.

i would guess they have a hell of a lot more money riding on their sunday dates with invesco than the proposed gathering.

As part of the stadium deal being financed by the public, Invesco was supposed to be made available for Denver's useage for 38 days a year - GRATIS.

It's alway irked me that the Broncos charge 2 state schools, $500,000 for the use of Invesco for the Rocky Mountain Showdown instead of letting them use one of the free days required under the stadium financing arrangement. It's not like either school is swimming in money. And it's not like Bowlen paid for that stadium even though he gets all the parking and concession money from the game anyhow.

Would be nice if Bowlen would at least finance some scholarships with some of the money he extorts for this game.

Now if you tell me they are giving the Dems (wouldn't matter if it was the Repubs) free use of the stadium by using some of those 38 days, I'll lose it.....

Last edited:
Back