What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-CSU back to Invesco for a good long while

I

• Hate Invesco

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • Love Invesco

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Am neutral on the site

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Dont give $hit

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
It's the fanbase who gets the shaft in the form of less variety in the OOC schedule and venue.

Skid's alternative
2010 - CSU @ Invesco
2011 - UNLV @ Las Vegas
2012 - CSU @ Boulder
2013 - AFA @ C Springs
2014 - CSU @ Invesco
2015 - UNLV @ Boulder
2016 - CSU @ Boulder
2018 - AFA @ Boulder
2019 - CSU @ Invesco
2020 - SMU @ Dallas
2021 - CSU @ Boulder

That schedule is not any better, it might be worse.

True, Skiddy. Bohn gets the shaft and then passes it on to us.

I like your schedule much better than @ Invesco every year, even though it would include some roadies. I would probably attend every game exceopt 2020 @SMU.

I picked SMU because it opens an other door to DFW recruiting while allowing the parents of DFW players a chance to see their kids...and I can walk to that stadium from my house.:smile2:

I picked SMU because it opens an other door to DFW recruiting while allowing the parents of DFW players a chance to see their kids...and I can walk to that stadium from my house.:smile2:

Sweet. Skiddy just volunteered to host the pre/post game party. :thumbsup:

Ya I know, just meant most people I hear talking about the subject don't go actually go to the game.

If by most people you are including me, then you are correct. This game fails to capture my interest these days.

I have seen CU play CSU at Invesco, in Boulder and in Ft. Collins. I enjoyed Hughes more than Invesco because it was more fun tailgating at CSU and doing that 'pass out' thing. Boulder is just magic. Invesco is surrounded by a cruddy parkinglot to tailgate and the seats you get might be cruddy.

It's a simple case of 'been there, done that.'

That schedule is not any better, it might be worse.

Explain? Money? Level of competition?

I'd admit it's worse because there's no game in 2017. Pencil in SMU @ Boulder. My bad.

It also might be worse because of television revenue. However I'd point out that the CU-CSU game getting scheduled on a Sunday instead of a Saturday. If any of the games on my list were in a similar time slot devoid of others sporting events, then the national audience might actually be better because UNLV and SMU would bring two major markets instead of one, plus a killer tailgate. The AFA game would appeal to the armed service demographic, and would generate a big local buzz for historical reasons. And even the CU-CSU games would be energized by the outrage of CSU fans who didn't get their way.

As it is, we have one team at one location * 11 years.
Under my proposal, we have four teams and five venues plus an opportunity for some fun road trips, plus a seventh game in boulder every other year.

Re: Rocky Mountain showdown renewed for the next 10 years in your favorite stadium.

I for one love it, but for just this game......GO BUFFS!!!!!

Re: Rocky Mountain showdown renewed for the next 10 years in your favorite stadium.

thank god you started a thread on this, I cant believe it hasn't been discussed until now.

can we merge this thread with the other one?

I'd much rather see this game go back and forth. Invesco has no character but then again neither does the shack that CSU calls a stadium.

If CU can still get six Folsom games a year, I don't mind. May get recruits for the next 10 years excited about being able to play in an NFL stadium on national TV. The game's a game, let's win it the next 10 years and beyond.

Invesco sucks the college experience out of the college game. If I want to go to a cookie cutter pro stadium I'll line up with the ham-n-eggers at the Tampa Bay Bucs game, or seahawks, or Broncos or any other of the miriad of stadiums that have that big sterile feel.

can we merge this thread with the other one?

done

BTW- per Mike Bohn this will result in 7 games in CO per season over the next 10 years and 8-10 million more over that time for CU than if the game was played in Folsom.

done

BTW- per Mike Bohn this will result in 7 games in CO per season over the next 10 years and 8-10 million more over that time for CU than if the game was played in Folsom.

So basically he paid for the basketball practice facility and got us an extra drive-to game a year with this deal. I'm having trouble finding much fault with this move other than losing some scheduling variety.

Back