What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-CSU Football Moves To Friday, August 29

I like it because then it leaves Saturday open to watch some of the other games. It's also nice that the whole country will get to see our game since we won't be stuck on the P12 Network.

But I realize that this sucks for most people going to the game. Hopefully the start time won't be too early, I'm guessing it'll be 6:30 or 7:00 MT.

We're so bad, they invent new times to play games to try and get people to watch.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard

Not quite. 10 BCS teams play the night before and Arizona & Syracuse play Friday night as well. 3 BCS teams are slated to play that Sunday. It looks like there are all of 7 BCS v BCS matchups on Saturday, given every teams desire to play a powder puff pre-conference schedule.

I like that it gives the Buffs 8 days until the 2nd game versus the 6 (or 5) we have seen in recent years.

I also like that I won't roast in the sun for that game.

My only issue is with that game being a PITA to begin with and putting it on a Friday night makes it more of one. How this game impacts the season ticket packages will go a long way to deciding what I [strike]decide[/strike] am allowed by Nikita to do in terms of season tix this year.

Already have plans for that day. ****. Why the **** do they even put a date when you renew tickets when they change it more often than keep the date the same? They might as well give a range of dates. I thought maybe it could get moved to Sunday again, so I figured Friday was the safe day to make plans. **** me.

Love it! Archery season starts that Saturday. When opening day for both is on the same day, it causes a real internal conflict as to what I should do when game time rolls around.

Last edited:
Should be a great night for tear gas.....all day for students to get liquored up and in a nasty mood. Just became less of a family affair than it usually is and it is not much of one even on Saturday afternoon.

Since when does a CSUperbowl get scheduled on a Friday night. I will be there regardless, but I am so tired of this series. Friday night in Boulder - hell yeah; friday night at Mile High??? WTF.

Love it! Archery season starts that Saturday. When opening day for both is on the same day, it causes a real internal conflict as to what I should do when game time rolls around.

Get a ram hunting license and bring your bow to the game. Win win

The game is dead so you might as well milk any TV revenue you can out of it. Hard to watch.

Friday night traffic in general to downtown Denver is horrid. Add to that the traffic of a game at mile high and it equals absolutely zero fun (especially with a mixture of CSU fan douchiness). Just another excuse to hopefully not go this year.

Anybody wanting to call out my fan factor on this, best know that I've been to every game downtown except one during a wedding.

:nod: and then go camping the rest of the weekend, this is perfect iyam.
oooh hungover drive to campsite yes! I guess I can get behind this reschedule. Now my long weekend isn't broken up. Where to go, where to go... Jackson? Sun Valley?? SO MANY OPTIONS.

This is not a game I really like and I hate the location (which has been discussed numerous times on this board) and the one redeeming factor was tailgating with friends before the game. For a Friday night game the tailgate experience will be limited. I think in the end it will impact attendance...it really is an impact fans that live outside the metro area. CSU fans (who don't attend much anyway) will have a long ride to get down from the Fort. CU fans that sit by us a Folsom live in Aspen and one couple lives in the springs, makes it more difficult for those people.

I think we are seeing the impact of the TV contracts - attendance is going to be impacted for ratings.

Betting many will take Friday off and make it a 4 day weekend. Students will be partying all day, won't be an issue.

Betting many will take Friday off and make it a 4 day weekend. Students will be partying all day, won't be an issue.
Yes, the students will make a stronger than usual showing in many respects. I just hope it doesn't include tear gas this year.

I'm not so sure about that. I enjoy the night game atmosphere myself. Everyone said the same thing last year and the crowd was pretty damned good.

Really??? The upper level was pretty empty on both sides the east side was pretty barren. I doubt the actual attendance was 50,000 - of course they just count distributed tickets.

Define "Many". The students may party so hard they may forget to go to the game. This is an event that has been struggling for attendance over the last several years. IMO, The friday night kickoff time will not help that.

My memory is foggy on these games, probably b/c I detest them so. But IIRC, the two night games we have had for RMS were fairly good turnouts. I missed the one in the rain, but was there for 2008 (?) and recall the students showing up well. Of course we were only a few years into the level of suck we have been displaying too.

I actually think its a good idea. Why not try it? The game isn't going to be around much longer.

Really??? The upper level was pretty empty on both sides the east side was pretty barren. I doubt the actual attendance was 50,000 - of course they just count distributed tickets.
Were you there? Or watching on television? Yeah, there were a lot of empty seats in the upper deck, but the rest of the stadium was pretty full and the crowd was vocal. I thought it was a good crowd.

Define "Many". The students may party so hard they may forget to go to the game. This is an event that has been struggling for attendance over the last several years. IMO, The friday night kickoff time will not help that.
CHILL OUT!!!! :lol:

Back