What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-CSU Gametime Set

Nice... national broadcast means I will be able to see that game.:thumbsup:

Excellent. I should be able to see it since I'll be in goddamn ****ing oklahoma that weekend.

Whew...just remembered I have a wedding to attend on 9/5...way to go Bohn that was close.:thumbsup:

Plus - it's in Boulder!!

:woot:

Of course, this means CU will have only 4 days to prepare for a road game against Toledo the immediate Friday after.

I like the traditional Saturday afternoon games, but the nice thing about having our games not on a Saturday is that I can see all the other Saturday games. Plus it's good for the program to get that national exposure when no other games are on. Makes for a short week though with the Toledo game on Friday.

Nice... national broadcast means I will be able to see that game.:thumbsup:

You going to be out of town?

Gonna be in South Dakota visiting my aunt and uncle.

Me too. Not visiting your aunt and uncle of course. I'll be camping in the Black Hills. I'll either watch the game at a bar there or record it and make sure no one spoils the outcome for me and watch when I get home. That is what I did last year. The year before I went to 5-6 bars before I found one that had Fox sports. Missed the whole first quarter.

Nice. (Of course I assumed that you would've been going to the game if you had been in town...:smile2:)

Of course.:smile2:

Me too. Not visiting your aunt and uncle of course. I'll be camping in the Black Hills. I'll either watch the game at a bar there or record it and make sure no one spoils the outcome for me and watch when I get home. That is what I did last year. The year before I went to 5-6 bars before I found one that had Fox sports. Missed the whole first quarter.

Nice. I will be on the other side of the state in Yankton, where there are some decent bars to watch the game. Should be fun.

Plus - it's in Boulder!!

:woot:

Of course, this means CU will have only 4 days to prepare for a road game against Toledo the immediate Friday after.

And one of those 4 days is a travel day. Holy Toledo, Corp. Klinger. The Mud Hens (Rockets) could not ask for a better trap game set-up.:lol:

Well, we have already botched the handling of the whole Miami cancellation so we might as well go all the way.

Well, we have already botched the handling of the whole Miami cancellation so we might as well go all the way.

I suppose CU could cancel the game and write a check to Conference USA for $750K.:huh:

Of course.:smile2:

Nice. I will be on the other side of the state in Yankton, where there are some decent bars to watch the game. Should be fun.

Yankton? Awesome - my dad went to Yankton College. Now it's a minimum security prison. :huh:

Trivia -- Lyle Alzado was also a Yankton College grad. :thumbsup:

I have to agree, 4 days between games, with a travel day thrown in is just plain stupid. If CU loses at Toledo, the heat on Hawk will go through the roof.

I have to agree, 4 days between games, with a travel day thrown in is just plain stupid. If CU loses at Toledo, the heat on Hawk will go through the roof.

And that is unfortunate. I would guess that Hawkins had relatively little role or authority in the decision to : 1) play CSU on Sunday night, 2) play a road game against Toledo.

Check the Football schedule page at cubuffs.com That will always give you the latest

Yankton? Awesome - my dad went to Yankton College. Now it's a minimum security prison. :huh:

Trivia-- Lyle Alzado came to my gradeschool when I was a young'un and was signing photos (he was a Bronco at that point) and we cuold meet him and talk to him, or go get a ride on a fire truck.

The fire truck ride was awesome, BTW.:smile2:

Nice. The conversion of the college to a prison must be a source of pride for your dad.:wink2:

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this is terrible idea. I am all for being on TV, but an extra day or two of rest can mean the difference between players playing and not playing. This is CSU's superbowl and I think it is stupid to go out and play on the road 5 days later. I don't care how weak Toledo is or is supposed to be, they will be up for us.

How many Buffs fans will be cheering on the team in Toledo?

I sure hope the players find the focus and strength to not overlook this one.

It's official. CU is addicted to network TV $$$$.

Back