What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU CSU Sunday September 1st

Last year it was scheduled for Sunday and then they moved it to Saturday, the day of my oldest child's wedding, to a CSU alum. Wife threatened to divorce me if I brought it up. The reception was full of drunk CSU guys singing their fight song.... While drinking my alcohol.

So quit complaining guys.

Wow, that's rough. I feel for ya. :huh:

Better Sunday than Saturday but still loathe this game...

This, times about 100. I don't care if there is no NFL games this weekend. Which, I have no idea why the NFL stopped opening on Labor Day weekend and I hate that, but I digress....

This is total Crap. I am so tired of this stupid asshat game. This has pushed me over the edge. This is the end of my season tickets and donating. Totally screws up the 3 day weekend. Cuts the middle out of the Weekend.

Sorry they should have asked you before they moved it to Sunday

Dammit. I scheduled my honeymoon so I would avoid this game completely. Now that the game is on Sunday, I'm going to have to see it. Ugh.

Why? College Football is meant to be played on Saturdays.
It's Labor Day weekend and no NFL. I don't get all the whining about the day of the week. By playing on Sunday, this game is more relevant. That's what happens when two teams who aren't too good are playing against each other. They don't get to dictate when the game *should* be unless you want it on some obscure network.

Wow, that's rough. I feel for ya. :huh:

This, times about 100. I don't care if there is no NFL games this weekend. Which, I have no idea why the NFL stopped opening on Labor Day weekend and I hate that, but I digress....

If I had to guess, I would probably say it was a heat and humidity issue since the bulk of the games are going to be in the afternoon, which is largely avoided in the preseason. Also, many people travel that weekend and have events like weddings.

This is absolute crap. The majority of CU fans want this game to go away, not lame attempts to try to increase national exposure.

More relevant to who?

Let me see, say I'm a UCLA fan. My choices for Sunday are to either stay at home and watch the CU/CSU game or head to the beach for beers, babes and bbq. Easy answer.

Only die hard college football fans or people without a life are going to tune into this game on Sunday.

Really no one other than folks that live around Colorado could care less about these two teams.

It's bad enough this game is in Denver, and to make matters worse it's on a Sunday.

It's Labor Day weekend and no NFL. I don't get all the whining about the day of the week. By playing on Sunday, this game is more relevant. That's what happens when two teams who aren't too good are playing against each other. They don't get to dictate when the game *should* be unless you want it on some obscure network.

More relevant to who?

Let me see, say I'm a UCLA fan. My choices for Sunday are to either stay at home and watch the CU/CSU game or head to the beach for beers, babes and bbq. Easy answer.

Only die hard college football fans or people without a life are going to tune into this game on Sunday.

Really no one other than folks that live around Colorado could care less about these two teams.

It's bad enough this game is in Denver, and to make matters worse it's on a Sunday.

Boom. Facts laid out exactly. The relevance of this game is currently somewhere between 0 and none, and moving a turd to Sunday doesn't make it any less of a turd.

More relevant to who?

In this age of the Flatscreen/I pod, the game will be on at the beach and there will be an e coli warning for the water (what's so friggin' wonderful about sand in your shorts and polluted water next to medical-waste-strewn beachs anyway?), so you'll end up watching it!

feczth.jpg

More relevant to who?

Enough people watch cfb, even bad cfb, there's an audience for it. Personally I wouldn't care like you said I was an UCLA fan.

Enough people watch cfb, even bad cfb, there's an audience for it. Personally I wouldn't care like you said I was an UCLA fan.

No one that isn't a CU or CSU fan will watch this game no matter when it is. Would you watch Purdue play Indiana State on a Sunday during a holiday weekend?

There's an audience for bad college football??

I don't know what the ratings will be. A mid-major conference championship game have beaten UNC-Kentucky and the New Mexico Bowl did better than an Indiana-Butler basketball game. I'm not saying the ratings for this will be great, but I can certainly see it doing well against standard baseball action. Football is king.

No one that isn't a CU or CSU fan will watch this game no matter when it is. Would you watch Purdue play Indiana State on a Sunday during a holiday weekend?

Not me personally but again I'm sure some will. If it's the only game on, I'm sure plenty will.

I don't know what the ratings will be. A mid-major conference championship game have beaten UNC-Kentucky and the New Mexico Bowl did better than an Indiana-Butler basketball game. I'm not saying the ratings for this will be great, but I can certainly see it doing well against standard baseball action. Football is king.

That's a conference championship game and a bowl game. We are talking about two of the worst teams in football here.

That's a conference championship game and a bowl game. We are talking about two of the worst teams in football here.

I didn't say it was the same thing, I'm just pointing out football is king. And after the NFL, cfb can hold it's own against anyone. Let me reiterate, I don't think this will get killer ratings, but I'm sure it will do better than standard baseball if it's not up against another cfb game.

A mid-major conference championship game and lower-tiered bowl games btw, mean even less than this game. It's the beginning of the season, I'm sure people will watch this matchup much more than they would've if it would've been week 5.

Dead atmosphere game in miserable environment on Sunday instead of Saturday. Makes no difference to me, other then the sad part is I'd like an extra day for our next opponent...

Meh.

They could play this game at 7 pm on Saturday and it would still pit two lowly downtrodden programs in a half-full sterilized NFL stadium with no atmosphere.

Truth is, Ram fans will love this game no matter when it is so long as it's in Denver, and Buff fans will hate this game no matter what as long as it's in Denver.

More relevant to who?

I believe the question should be, "More relevant to whom?"/

That venue sucks, and I won't return.

I would attend if it was at Fort Collins, or at Folsom, of course.

**** I hate this game.

This.

I'm not planning to attend. But I would attend if the neutral location were at AFA or Jerryworld.

Back