What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU DEFENSE- What went wrong and why no heat for collins and bandison?

At OU the D was left high and dry. ****ty punting and 3 and outs led to it finally breaking. I don't blame them. It's tough when your offense can't move the chains. We do need more sacks, but the fact is we aren't putting 4 DLs on the line. We are using some weird 3-4 defense with a LB at DE. Sorry, that doesn't cut it. Guys like Herrod and Kasa and others should be in every freaking play. We *never* run stunts so the OL C has an easy time calling out the assignments.

Frankly, our schemes suck. We can't disguise blitzes for **** and our blitz packages are absolutely sophomoric.

And that post route is wide open more times than not.

I don't disagree that cover zero is way too risky for what we do, but I'm saying I thought I remember us doing a lot of it last year. I guess I'm saying the idea that Brown was the real DC post Toledo seems to be a possibility to me.

I hear ya. Just a few things, we have alot of three and outs. Also we lack speed and depth. There is a reason bubble screens kill us. One we line up all ****ed up. Two, when we do get there its usually 5 yards down the field. Corner has to blow up the outside receiver, its a must. If we lack speed, then we have to get around it. Watch the game again, if u can lol, its all there. Answer you main question, yeah we have run alot of zero. Imho its pretty stupid when you cant generate pressure up front and lack speed on the back end.

Yeah I'm not saying the defense has some legitimate excuses that the offense certainly doesn't have. I place most of the blame on our schemes. I think it was the Baylor game, they lined up 3 WRs in a bunch formation and then motioned the RB behind all of them and just immediately threw it. We had like 2 DBs in the area and they just got manhandled and nobody else was fast enough to get over there in time. It's just pathetic knowing that we lost the play before the snap even happened.

Not to pile on the players, but as a group they just aren't very big and they aren't very fast. That's a bad combination imo. The next coach needs to increase size and speed big time on the defense. Offense.. we can live without 6'8 guards I think. (not an attack on Ryan Miller, love the dude, but 6'8 is just too big to play guard)

Yeah I'm not saying the defense has some legitimate excuses that the offense certainly doesn't have. I place most of the blame on our schemes. I think it was the Baylor game, they lined up 3 WRs in a bunch formation and then motioned the RB behind all of them and just immediately threw it. We had like 2 DBs in the area and they just got manhandled and nobody else was fast enough to get over there in time. It's just pathetic knowing that we lost the play before the snap even happened.

Not to pile on the players, but as a group they just aren't very big and they aren't very fast. That's a bad combination imo. The next coach needs to increase size and speed big time on the defense. Offense.. we can live without 6'8 guards I think. (not an attack on Ryan Miller, love the dude, but 6'8 is just too big to play guard)

Dude, I hate to say it but Ive played against hs teams that were bigger, stronger, and faster in the secondary than we are. Not to mention better coached.

Syko, you have been asking for the last 10 years at least about the recruitment of legitimate DTs. The buffs have not seen one since Hawkins has been on the payroll. The game still boils down to the big guys up front...Hawkins has not recruited for that and his staff has not developed it. WTF is a Freshman starting at Right tackle?

Back