What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU fans should embrace the stability of Mike MacIntyre

One week you're about to get fired from an unremarkable job for poor performance, then on top of that you lose, and then the week after that you're suddenly a hot commodity. OK...

A team like Michigan can reboot because they bring in a legend to coach all the sick talent that Hoke brought in.

we don't have that at CU...not even close. A coach change in year three would be a disaster. We literally can't afford another three year rebuild.

A team like Michigan can reboot because they bring in a legend to coach all the sick talent that Hoke brought in.

we don't have that at CU...not even close. A coach change in year three would be a disaster. We literally can't afford another three year rebuild.
I'm ambivalent about Mac, but I think a 3rd year change would be a mistake. As much as we hate hearing it, we are very close. And next year he has no excuse for not getting to a bowl game IMO...that's a make or break year for him I think.

Macintyre has a 2-21 conference record, period. Even those two wins came against teams who were/are a combined 0-14 in conference. If this hasn't improved by the end of the season then it's time to move-on.

Some broad flimsy idea about how we can't change coaches every few years is ridiculous, why can't we? Sure continuity is nice but there has to be some logic in maintaining the status quo. Continuity simply for the sake of continuity is a stupid idea. Why delay the inevitable? If we're supposed to "embrace the stability of Macintyre" as the thread title suggests then a byproduct of this would mean embracing his suckiness as well...

I understand he inherited a difficult situation and I certainly didn't expect for there to be a massive turnaround at this point. However if you told me when he was hired that nearly three years later his best win would be against a 7-6 CSU team, that's not acceptable progress nor is it unfair to expect better.

I don't have the energy for another 3-4 year rebuilding process.

Not necessarily. One thing MM has done is he's retained guys. Previous coaches couldn't maintain their rosters even when they weren't on the verge of getting fired, so when the next coach came in it would take a few years just to fill holes with bodies, let alone talent.

If a new coach came in this winter, they'd have a decent foundation to build off of, if they could keep a lot of the current team in town.

Watched the CU game followed by Utah Washington. I felt really good after UCLA. I now feel the inability to recruit at the same level as our conference brethren is showing. We are exposed by physical line play on both sides and speed with size at skill positions. This staff needs to close on this recruiting class and add to it.

Honestly, I'd be fine with RG making a change IF he has an idea of direction he's looking at. We quit yesterday, that bothers me.

CU gets dominated in the trenches all year.

Prospects at OL/DL we're after this class: n/a

Mac needs to go. We may be getting better, but it's not enough. Look at the teams we beat this year. They're awful. And two of the wins were struggles. One in OT and one against a horrible team playing a freshman QB. Put me firmly in the FIREMAC camp.

Hmmmm, Embrace the stability...... Seems CU tried the stability route with Hawkins, which also produced stability of losing, poor recruiting and new excuses every week. Sounds familiar to me. The only stability and consistency CU has had in the past dozen years is poor coaching and recruiting. I would take someone who immediately makes an impact and recruits at a high level over any stability HCMM has shown. You can count the D1 wins on one hand in three years, that is NOT the stability I am rallying around. #LeavittForCUHC.com

The incompetence of forward thinking in this thread is incredibly mind boggling.

Definitely more positives than negatives with Mac right now.

Regardless of what happens this week, this will be an interesting thread to read again when WSU beats us by 30 in two weeks.

BUT CU IS COMPETITIVE IN THE PAC 12! WE ALMOST BEAT UCLA! WE ONLY LOST TO ARIZONA AND OREGON BY A COMBINED 4 TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!!!!!!1 CHAAAAAARRRRRGE

Back