1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU finally got their beach!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jymkata, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jymkata

jymkata New Member

When I was at CU (late 80s) I remember seeing a poster that showed the Boulder skyline with the Flatirons in the background. But on the east side of town, where the open space is, there was the ocean and a beach with lifeguard towers, lounge chairs and surfers. I think the poster said "The only thing Boulder needs is a beach" to be the best place in the world.

Well, we got our beach now and we get to visit it 2-3 times a year from now on! Go Buffs! Go 12-Pac!

Major props if anyone can post a copy of that poster (I tried to find it but didn't have any luck).

Here's another blast from the past poster

[​IMG]
    I actually saw this poster for sale at a BigLots a few months back. I couldn't believe it!

2. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

No, csu is CU's beach.

AlferdJasper likes this.
  3. jymkata

jymkata New Member

Good one!

And KU, KSU, MU, ISU and Baylor just became Texas' beach.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

there used to be a mural at 10th and Pearl that had the Flats disappearing into the ocean in a beach type scenario.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Well, when the Big One happens, that might not be so far fetched. If that happens, would the Big Tex allow us to come crawling back?