What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU fined 150k for rushing the field

Rushing for a big win? Don't mind. When we rushed against TT when Inwas a student in 06 with a 2-10 record, meh.

But if they anticipate this then make it a thing to wait. The crowd counting down could be a lot of fun.

Since the AD and university voted for this I can't slight it. It's the rules unless we want to either change it or be willing to accept fines or just wait 1 minute.

And the amount of fines is actually not 175K but 225K.

Think about if we had only rushed for a Pac-12 south title. That's 200K more to give our coaches or pay for a new sound system or upgraded bathrooms.

I thought the fines were:
$25,000 ASU
$50,000 WSU
$100,000 UU

is that wrong?

That's just insane. I honestly don't understand why on earth they didn't TELL PEOPLE why! "Wait 60 seconds" You're just tempting young adults at that point to defy you. I don't know if it would have worked but I dunno maybe if they said during the game, "please wait 60 seconds to rush the field otherwise the university will be fined 100K."

Just raise the student pass prices and when they ask why you say, "because you don't follow rules."

And next season "for every game this season you rush the field before 1 minute we will raise your pass prices an additional $5 next year to cover the cost."
They were VERY clear about the reason

Having stood next to the student section in the last few minutes of the game and trying to talk a little sense into a few of them, I can tell you not one of them gave 2 ****s about any kind of fine. You could have told them we weren't going to the championship game if they rushed and they would have gone.

Greedy, they were. All about themselves.

College kids are idots. Preventing this called for way more foresight than a few tweets and RG pleading with people in the front row.

I'm a fan of the countdown...might actually make it a way cooler style of rushing with one cohesive wave.

really? not in the tweet I saw (from RG? can't recall) and not on the scoreboard graphic they showed near the end of the game.
The announcer said, "Please do not rush the field for 60 seconds for the team's safety. CU will be charged $100,000 if you do."

Directly followed by a video of Rick George, in which he said, "Please do not rush the field. CU will be charged $100,000 if you do."

I felt it was pretty clear.

I'll come clean.... I rushed the field in 1994 at Michigan....
I did not rush the field against LeLand McElroy and Texas A &M in 1995....
I DID RUSH the field in 2001 against Nebraska.....

What do I owe in fines?

Can verify Rick did everything he could do to keep the students off the field for 60 seconds.... cast on his leg and all! It wasn't going to happen :)

The announcer said, "Please do not rush the field for 60 seconds for the team's safety. CU will be charged $100,000 if you do."

Directly followed by a video of Rick George, in which he said, "Please do not rush the field. CU will be charged $100,000 if you do."

I felt it was pretty clear.
Was there. didn't hear theverything announcements, but certainly believe you.

I blame Sean Edward Miller! This all started after we rushed the court after kicking UA's ass. Miller went in a media tirade. Next thing ya know, the NCAA SEM Fan Club instituted fines. It's stupid. CU did all they could to stop it. It's just an impossible task. It'd be like me getting fined because my kid got caught speeding.

I honestly hope they can find a handful of donors to cover it. Just need 15 happy 1%ers that can pony up about 10k each.

$100,000 will hire a lot of extra security if they decide they need to go that way for the future.

As I stated in another thread I don't think you are going to stop it and they need to get the conference to lighten up on the fines because they won't change anything. Folsom is designed to make it easy to rush the field and almost impossible to stop it with so many seats close to field level and such a short distance to the field from the seats.

A better option would be to create a security bubble and corridor of security in which players and coaches could get to the tunnel.

I honestly hope they can find a handful of donors to cover it. Just need 15 happy 1%ers that can pony up about 10k each.
Or they can pick the right time and create a Kickstarter and get $5 from 30k alumni and fans. It doesn't have to be the "fat cats" that pay for everything.

"Wait 60 seconds to rush the field then bring your game tix and join us on Farrand for $10k of open kegs."

I'm thinking a moat would be cool. I mean, how many football stadiums have a moat? Talk about taking facilities to the next level! Field storming commences when the draw bridges come down! It would be epic! How come no one has thought of this?
A moat full of buffalos

I'm not disputing uncle kens accoint, but I didn't hear any mention of the fine. All I heard was that it was to comply with PAC 12 rules.

Hopefully there won't be a need to rush the field in the future because the Buffs will be the better team on the field.

I'm not disputing uncle kens accoint, but I didn't hear any mention of the fine. All I heard was that it was to comply with PAC 12 rules.

It was in the stands, at the end of the game, that I learned of the fine for the first time. It was pretty tough to miss, I thought.

Back