What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU fined 150k for rushing the field

We went from last place to first place. It's like a pimple that needed to pop. RG needs to clean the mirror now.

Maybe RG could comp Hell's Angels some front row seats in the student section?

Last edited:
We went from last place to first place. It's like a pimple that needed to pop. RG needs to clean the mirror now.
Are there any other scenarios that would include pressure building and mirror cleaning that would also be applicable for Buff fans this season?

Nice try, but NO to raising the student ticket price. My child, a student, chose to stand by me at the end of the game and did not rush the field.
Maybe she should get a discount on her tickets because of her mature, exemplary fan behavior.
---------------------------

That's just insane. I honestly don't understand why on earth they didn't TELL PEOPLE why! "Wait 60 seconds" You're just tempting young adults at that point to defy you. I don't know if it would have worked but I dunno maybe if they said during the game, "please wait 60 seconds to rush the field otherwise the university will be fined 100K."

Just raise the student pass prices and when they ask why you say, "because you don't follow rules."

And next season "for every game this season you rush the field before 1 minute we will raise your pass prices an additional $5 next year to cover the cost."

The video they played of RG was VERY hard to hear, not to mention not very compelling. He is standing in a suit amidst some crowded background using a voice that was barely audible.
If it is that important make a tight shot of him speaking clearly, loudly, explain why.
They have no trouble making clear videos promoting all of the game sponsors. No excuse to have some distraction video that is hard to understand.

They were VERY clear about the reason

The video they played of RG was VERY hard to hear, not to mention not very compelling. He is standing in a suit amidst some crowded background using a voice that was barely audible.
If it is that important make a tight shot of him speaking clearly, loudly, explain why.
They have no trouble making clear videos promoting all of the game sponsors. No excuse to have some distraction video that is hard to understand.
The announcer also announced it. It was perfectly clear to me.

I remember the video and the announcer. All I remember them saying was that the one minute wait was to comply with PAC 12 rules. I never heard anything about a fine. Telling a 20-year old to comply with PAC 12 rules is a great way to have him do exactly the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish. I never heard any mention of a substantial fine and I'm guessing the students didn't, either.

If they did say there was a fine there is no way I was going to hear it over that ****ty sound system.

Maybe RG can appeal to the Pac 12.

Invite them into Folsom, play the video through our crappy sound system that you can't hear, and promise if they don't fine us he will spend the money on some speakers.

Maybe RG can appeal to the Pac 12.

Invite them into Folsom, play the video through our crappy sound system that you can't hear, and promise if they don't fine us he will spend the money on some speakers.
Or.... just say "Larry, I didn't know you were Sean Miller's bitch, never took you for a guy who liked fattys"

No, no, no. Put Argus neon yellow vests under every seat in the student section.
"Nope those weren't fans rushing the field, that's the extra 20,000 security guys we hired this week"
Just a guess, but 20,000 of those vests probably costs more than the fines.

I think RG and the Athletics department is just fine on $, before the Championship and bowl game, with additional TV $ this season. It literally pays to win!

Nice try, but NO to raising the student ticket price. My child, a student, chose to stand by me at the end of the game and did not rush the field.
Maybe she should get a discount on her tickets because of her mature, exemplary fan behavior.
---------------------------

So, the athletic department should eat money because your daughter is an exemplary student? What's your proposition? I don't agree with penalizing everyone or that raising the prices is a "cure all." But they have to somehow send a message to the students that it can't be tolerated.

So, the athletic department should eat money because your daughter is an exemplary student? What's your proposition? I don't agree with penalizing everyone or that raising the prices is a "cure all." But they have to somehow send a message to the students that it can't be tolerated.
Naw... It should be tolerated. That was a huge game and it is expected.

Petition the conference to change the rule.

Naw... It should be tolerated. That was a huge game and it is expected.

Petition the conference to change the rule.

When they made the rule, I thought it only applied to basketball. It makes more sense in a tight arena and a relatively small court than a large football field.

Either way, stupid rule.

When they made the rule, I thought it only applied to basketball. It makes more sense in a tight arena and a relatively small court than a large football field.

Either way, stupid rule.

Very stupid rule but we can't choose which rules to follow unfortunately.

--------------
My point is DON'T penalize the students who don't rush the field, geez. I don't have a "proposition" and never claimed to have one. I think the rule is silly. They act like someone is going to get hurt. While rushing the field is a bit immature and sort of stupid, all they really do is go down on the field and jump up and down.
BTW....on a tangent here, but I laugh at adults who mock students for their silly behavior. Often the same adults who literally cry and moan that they can't drink at their seat during a game. As if the sporting event is not "complete" without having a few beers.

Going forward, this should only be an issue once or twice a year, tops. We will end the season a top 10-15 team, minimum and I imagine we will start 2017 in the top 25. Hopefully we stop rushing the field when we win by double digits against teams we're favored against.

As long as they celebrate with their own and not jack around with other players, I'm cool with it. Problem is, some dumbass will always screw that up.

This rule is an overreaction to the fear that either
1: fan attacks / injures a player and
2: Player gets butthurt, punches fan, fan sues both programs and wins millions

Back