1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU football: Backup QB Jordan Gehrke will play in final two games

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Nov 11, 2014.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo

BuffZone.com Writer

Colorado football coaches have decided quarterback Jordan Gehrke will play in each of the Buffaloes' final two games this season.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

This is what I suggested after the last game. Don't mind it at all. slight bonus: Might keep Gehrke here instead of transferring.

3. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

how did the BDC break this before anyone on AB?

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I don't think anyone believes that Gehrke is the future for the Buffs at the QB except maybe him and his dad.

That said this may be a good thing all around. It never hurts to have a backup with game experience, you can practice all you want but until it happens with you on the field you don't really get it.

For Sefo there are two issues. One is that he is physically beat up. He has taken a lot of hits and hard ones. I recall earlier in the year when he looked like it hurt just to throw the football, a sign of sore ribs. If he has a concussion or even the suspicion it also makes sense to be careful with him.

The bigger factor is that he got thrown in very early. He never had a chance to watch and process things going on. Now he has a lot of game experience. It wouldn't be a bad thing for him to watch some and get a chance to process with the coaches what is going on.

It may be that a lot of turnovers that are happening could be avoided if Sefo gets a chance to slow everything down and develop some awareness of what is going on on the field that he hasn't had a chance to do under fire.

5. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Gehrke's dad better not **** this up.