What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Football: Better team in 2013 or 2010?

Better CU team?

Votes: 31 64.6%

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
Hard for me to remember when players got hurt. We did have Major and Rippy on the roster, but I can't remember if they played that season. Rippy, Sipili and Major could've been great as a LBers group. The Oline had Ryan Miller and Nate Solder as tackles I think, although Miller may also have been coming back from injury. Cody and Tyler rotated at QB, right? I think Perkins was mostly injured at Saftey. That team should've been better, but injuries, off the field problems, and HaLk made it underperform. Cabral came in to get 2 wins at the end. 2010 had better upperclassman, but with injuries,etc., the 2013 Buffs may turn out to be the better team.

And that is a good thing??? Never seen more missed tackles in my life than from those two.

Do we put most of that blame on Collins, Cabral or the S&C program back in 2010?
Tackling will be whomever decided how important it is to practice, if that was up to Hawk or he let Collins decide for the defense. How important was it preached by Cabral?

One huge difference I have seen in our defense this year is fewer arm tackles and better tackling where players are breaking down and lining up to tackle someone with better form.

The 2010 team with this coaching staff would have had a legit shot at a bowl. That team had more mature talent but significantly underperformed due to coaching.

I do think that Woods is a better QB but this team lacks anything resembling a running game.

Speedy used to frustrate me with his lack of top end speed, he'd break through a hole then get caught. What I wouldn't give right now to have a Speedy who could actually make a cut and hit a hole!

I'd take the 2013 TEAM in heartbeat. Key word "team"

This. Record may not end up as pretty due to the fact 2010 had an easier schedule, but I will take HCMM and this team any day. 2010 was gutless outside of the Georgia game and showing some fight late under Cabral against ISU and KSU. It was inexcusable for 2010 to let both Texas Tech and Baylor get out of Folsom with wins after we gave up leads late, and then of course there was the Cal and Kansas debacles. This team has already shown it can handle adversity far greater than the 2010 squad that folded at the slightest sign of it. I'll take Connor Wood and his upside over the on-going Hawkins/Hansen nightmare. This team has a good deal more fight in it and is a good deal hungrier.

WAY too early to tell. I hope that at the end of the season I can say 2013 hands down, but if you're truly talking about the better team, I don't think you can make an accurate comparison after two games. Especially considering the two games we've played are against the worst teams we'll see all year.

Ha! After last year, the fact we are even putting it up for discussion is encouraging! Who would have guessed? May the pondering be even more challenging post this weekend! Solid play against the team which provided an epic beat down on us last year, would significantly enhance this debate!

Back