What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU football player arrested

This is becoming a tad bit sad. We were all 18-22 once, some of us still are...why is it so hard to stay out of trouble? Makes no sense to me. We don't read articles about 87 or Tuba passing out bleeding in hallways...although that would make for a good thread here....87 you have some work to do?

I've often said I did a bunch of stuff that could have gotten me arrested when I was in college. I guess I got lucky. Plus with the way things are these days, the kids in college are held to a different standard than they were when we were young. You can't get away with the same stuff you used to be able to get away with anymore. Honestly, back inna day, what Katoa did would have been brushed aside as mere college kid roughhousing. Stuff like that happened all the time and nobody ever got arrested. I remember a guy breaking into my dorm and beating down the door of a kid on our hall because he had hit on his girlfriend. The RA came out and said "take it outside boys", and that was the end of it.

If what is being reported is true and he busted into someone car then passed out someplace he didn't live, then see ya, bye bye.

If some kid isn't smart enough to recognize that he is on a free ride for a very EXPENSIVE education and can't keep his **** together to keep his free ride. Then tough. No tears here.

This BS about them being young, dumb, and full of *** is a bunch of crap.

These are college kids, they should at least have some concept of right and wrong.
It's not to hard of a concept to understand.

I've often said I did a bunch of stuff that could have gotten me arrested when I was in college. I guess I got lucky. Plus with the way things are these days, the kids in college are held to a different standard than they were when we were young. You can't get away with the same stuff you used to be able to get away with anymore. Honestly, back inna day, what Katoa did would have been brushed aside as mere college kid roughhousing. Stuff like that happened all the time and nobody ever got arrested. I remember a guy breaking into my dorm and beating down the door of a kid on our hall because he had hit on his girlfriend. The RA came out and said "take it outside boys", and that was the end of it.

Agree our culture has changed so much that no one gets a break. I would have been kicked out of school many times (Jr High - carried a knife and fighting; HS drinking and DUI-never got a ticket just a lecture by the cop; College drinking and vandalism-it WAS an accident) but guess what....everything was settled on the street or behind the school and it was over. Oh by the way - I was a "good" kid - it was just the way it was back then. Feel sorry for the over protected kids living in out puritanical litiginous culture now. And we all know that any football player in Boulda will get nothing but the worst treatment.

If what is being reported is true and he busted into someone car then passed out someplace he didn't live, then see ya, bye bye.

If some kid isn't smart enough to recognize that he is on a free ride for a very EXPENSIVE education and can't keep his **** together to keep his free ride. Then tough. No tears here.

This BS about them being young, dumb, and full of *** is a bunch of crap.

These are college kids, they should at least have some concept of right and wrong.
It's not to hard of a concept to understand.

Chilly good points, but I believe Duren is a walk-on

Agree our culture has changed so much that no one gets a break. I would have been kicked out of school many times (Jr High - carried a knife and fighting; HS drinking and DUI-never got a ticket just a lecture by the cop; College drinking and vandalism-it WAS an accident) but guess what....everything was settled on the street or behind the school and it was over. Oh by the way - I was a "good" kid - it was just the way it was back then. Feel sorry for the over protected kids living in out puritanical litiginous culture now. And we all know that any football player in Boulda will get nothing but the worst treatment.

I agree the culture is different which unfortunately requires these players to adhere to higher standard. However, the thirst for all-access, up-to-minute information probably has something to do with it as well. I think in the past situations like this were either swept under the rug or stayed off the radar for a period of time. Maybe they popped up in the newspaper or surfaced as a rumor on campus. Now it is on the internet, message boards, etc. moments after it happens. Just my two cents, not really defending the behavior.

Kids are going to get into to trouble and with 100 guys on a team this will happen BUT...

Seeing what happened with sipili and now katoa and geer hanging in the balance,you have to be freaking stupid to go out and continue this crap.

CU doesn't need more negative publicity, things were going well until sipili last year and looked like an isolated incident but that's the 3rd freaking incident in what 2-3 months?

Time for players to wake up.

Back