1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU football: Rick George hopes prolonged coaching search ends soon

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jan 20, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo

BuffZone.com Writer

Colorado athletic director Rick George said Tuesday the search for a new defensive coordinator on the football coaching staff is taking longer than expected but he and coach Mike MacIntyre are hoping to hire someone soon.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. DavisBuff

DavisBuff Club Member Club Member

It is good that RG publicly addressed concerns about the prolonged search. Without giving anything away, he put everything in a better light. The total silence was allowing the doom and gloom to take over. Concern is understandable; but, the panic is wrong. There are still many, many good candidates out there that would love to coach at CU. Though I want the search to be over so I can get back to work, I am glad MacIntyre is being thorough. When the search is over we will have a better staff.

3. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Not to get negative but.....

How is this different from other coaches who had to, and did, hire for vacant coaching positions during December and January? I know in the long run the wait time won't matter if they get the right guy, but come on already.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think it means that MacIntyre and George aren't stressing out over this as much as we fans are. Our sense of urgency seems greater than theirs. Are we maybe being a bit over-the-top on this when the recruiting class is pretty much done and spring practices don't start until mid-February?

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Weird quotes from LaRussa.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah. Does he realize that UNLV is a massive rebuild job that will require him to pull long hours? Reading that made me much more comfortable with replacing him at CU. Also, it makes me wonder if we could see a trend of MacIntyre assistants burning out under him after 2-3 years.

7. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Could be. Just a lame excuse to use imo

8. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Agree with this.

After reading the comments of many on AB, and some Ringo, Mac likely going to be hands on as CO-DC, short of a home run hire. I think an HR hire is still possible, but probability maybe favors an up and comer. Hearing good things about our Juco D line guys though, which may make whoever it is look better ;).

Look forward to finalizing this class, and DC hire. Says Captain Obvious. ;)

9. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Agreed. He made it sound like he left so he can stick to a 40 hour work week.