What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Football Season Ticket Renewals -- CSU Game Options

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
  • This year, we have added some options for you for the CSU game:
    • If you prefer not to attend the CSU game in Denver, you are able to opt-out of that game and use the value of your tickets for that game to buy additional single game tickets for a game in Folsom Field in 2015 at Season Ticket Holder prices.
    • If you would like to go to the CSU game, but would prefer to pay a lower price, you will also have the option to downgrade your seats to our lowest price point, and use the difference in value towards the purchase of additional single game tickets for a game in Folsom Field in 2015 at Season Ticket Holder prices.

I am taking advantage of the first option and encourage others to do the same. The money from your season tickets when you buy RMS tix is shared with CSU and others. When we apply what we're paying to extra tickets for games at Folsom, all that revenue goes to CU (plus the extra money the AD will make on concessions when you put a couple friend or family fannies in some seats).

Besides, if I decide that I want to go to the game in Denver, I can just buy scalp tickets which are just a re-sale and will likely be at a lower price than I'd pay for season tix anyway. I'd just treat it as an away game that's within easy driving distance.

Also, for anyone considering season tickets this year, being forced to buy tickets for the Denver game is no longer a reason not to get season tix. It's now easy to avoid that.

I took the option also and will watch at home and purchase tix to a different game and take friends to the game. Great option provided by RG! Also made a donation to the Sustainable Excellence Fund as a thank you.

Lastly, if you do not want to pay the whole nut at once, they will work payments thru the month of July and break the cost up for you. All you have to do is call the ticket office. Interest free as long as you pay off the credit card each month. Trying to make the process user friendly and provide more options to allow more people to buy in.

I just called to renew and they tried to talk me out of the option by saying "we need support at that game too"! Sounds like RG's option to ****can the CSU game is popular.

I've given away or sold the CSU tickets the last several years. Thanks RG!

I understand many of you opting out and just not going. We complain about the CSU fans and this game yearly but like Crazy John points out, there are a limited number of games to attend. Also hearing Chad Brown and other great Buffs talk about feeding off the crowd, I believe not having half the season ticket holders is going to hurt. Plus why miss the chance to see the Buffs get to 3-0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I renewed and decided to take the full credit for the CSU game. I figure I can look for cheap tix on the secondary market if I decide to attend. It was tough though, knowing that I might be passing up a CU football game at a location so close to home, but I'd contribute to the greater good.

Even though I never want to have another RMS in Denver, I renewed and upgraded to level one for the Denver game. Perhaps I am somehow supporting a game that I despise by going, but as I fully acknowledge when my girlfriend catches me in some inconsistency, "that's because I am a hypocrite." (You all should try that response some time--it is a great way to end an argument).

Yeah, I hate going to the game at Sports Authority.

I hate having to watch the loud and idiotic commercials that they play at Broncos games.

I hate overall game experience there, and I favor games on campus (any campus).

I find the younger CSU fans, i.e. the students, to be (sometimes) boorish and unpleasant to be around, although most of them seem to mind their own business in the same way that most CU fans mind their own business. As such, I naturally eschew being around CSU fans in their natural habitat. Not that it makes much of a difference to me as a CU fan (after all, I am a self-acknowledged hypocrite), but I have also seen younger CU fans act in an equally unpleasant and boorish manner toward CSU fans (one of whom was my brother-in-law, with me standing right there, and I was forced to chastise the young CU fan at issue). The boorish behavior exhibited by both sides is more than reason enough to kill this monstrosity of a game, yet I will (always) to to it nonetheless.

I also remember that I have been just as annoyed by CSU fans when CU plays them in Boulder, if not more so. At least in Denver, there are not a great number of CSU fans seated close to me, as I am in the section designated for CU season tickets. Because they can get just as good seats from CSU, there are no significant numbers of CSU fans buying scalped tickets from CU season ticket holders. When the game is in Boulder, I have been forced to submit to the indignity of having many more CSU fans in my general vicinity cheering on the valiant Goats.

I hate having to watch the stupid CSU band, and their idiotic "trombone suicide," whatever that is supposed to be. It is like they think it is a unique and magnificent spectacle, but it is just as banal and stupid as almost anything coming out of their campus up north (I say "almost" because I have a great deal of respect for their school of veterinary medicine), and they are not even playing their freaking instruments. In the pregame show in Balsh in Boulder, some of the CU trombonists actually do their own version of this, but they don't announce it as one of the Wonders of the World, and they actually play their instruments. But i will still go to the game.

I HATE HATE HATE that stupid artillery piece that they bring to the game and shoot off. If they were West Point, or some kind of military academy, it might be an interesting tradition.

I really hate everything about the game except for one thing: it is a CU game. If CU is playing, and I can be there, I will be there. And I would be the first to agree that this is kind of a dopey position (but I am a hypocrite, so I can get over that). In fact, being a CU fan is kind of a dopey proposition to begin with (and when I think about it, having an emotional attachment to a football team for which I do not play, and have never played, is kind of dopey to begin with, but I am also a Broncos fan, and I have no attachment to that team other than living in Colorado, and I maintain this allegiance even though I know that it is dopey). I can't help it, though, it is like some kind of insidious compulsion. Some guys may have a compulsion to go pick up hookers on Colfax in the dead of night, even though they hate doing it, and even though they really don't want to do it (I have come across such men in the criminal justice system), but they just can't stop themselves. I (like, I expect, many of us here), have a compulsion to go to CU games, whether I like it or not. It is more healthy, and less illegal, than other compulsions, but I am just as powerless to resist. So, I gave in to my compulsion. (Sigh).

^^^^
Best Sunday Morning drunk post in a long time. Nicely done.

Question on the season ticket renewal. If you make a donation to the Sustainable Excellence Fund in addition to the tickets during checkout, does that get linked to your Buff Club account? This would be in addition to your Buff Club pledge.

Question on the season ticket renewal. If you make a donation to the Sustainable Excellence Fund in addition to the tickets during checkout, does that get linked to your Buff Club account? This would be in addition to your Buff Club pledge.

Yes. You can monitor through donornet.

CSU's interim AD just left for Tufts? Can't we just end this right now, since there's no one in charge of CSU athletics..?

CSU's interim AD just left for Tufts? Can't we just end this right now, since there's no one in charge of CSU athletics..?

Tufts is DIII. Morris has no educational or career connections to Massachusetts or the northeast US.

Can only assume the writing was on the wall that he wasn't going to get promoted.

I'm going. I want the game killed but we finally cracked the code on this thing and have access to the bar for the game. Can't not go to a CU game with a bar...wouldn't be proper

Just a reminder to everyone, the renewal deadline is tomorrow.

In addition to the CSU game option (which i exercised, sorry), they include a box to donate straight to the Facilities upgrade program which is great. Easy, no extra clicks, 1 transaction.

It's my intention to have the allbuffs tickets include the game in Denver.

And my personal tickets will also include the Denver game. Yes, I hate the game. No, I can't bring myself to not go.

And my personal tickets will also include the Denver game. Yes, I hate the game. No, I can't bring myself to not go.

this is the right attitude. unless you have a scheduling conflict, no reason to miss a local Buffs game just b/c you don't like the venue.

this is the right attitude. unless you have a scheduling conflict, no reason to miss a local Buffs game just b/c you don't like the venue.

It is more we don't like the opponent lol SAF sucks, but its that team up north that really makes that game stupid.

Haha. I know. I think you've had the dialogue with yourself every year it's been in Denver over whether you wanted to bother with it.

In the end, as much as it pales in comparison to tailgating on campus and watching the Buffs play in Folsom... it still beats the alternative of not tailgating and not seeing the Buffs play live.

Haha. I know. I think you've had the dialogue with yourself every year it's been in Denver over whether you wanted to bother with it.

In the end, as much as it pales in comparison to tailgating on campus and watching the Buffs play in Folsom... it still beats the alternative of not tailgating and not seeing the Buffs play live.

There are the people on this board that represent the hard core group of fans, as much as we hate it, I would bet most fans here will renew and include the CSU game as part of their tickets. It is the folks that have had season tickets for years, just to have season tickets that will likely skip this one.

Comes down to I only get 6-7 times a year to see the team play. As much as I don't like the game at SAF, it is better than sitting at home.

The last time I went to the RMS game in Denver was 5 years ago. IMO the Buffs should be able to handle csu this year, so I will be going.

I'm still thinking one of the best bets was to skip the CSU game on the season tickets, and then buy tickets on stub hub if you still want to go.

If the resale market sells out, buy from the AD, it's not like the game will be a sell out.

I'm still thinking one of the best bets was to skip the CSU game on the season tickets, and then buy tickets on stub hub if you still want to go.

If the resale market sells out, buy from the AD, it's not like the game will be a sell out.

Getting a parking pass is much more difficult in this scenario.

Getting a parking pass is much more difficult in this scenario.

I think the only way I'll ever get my wife to go to Mile High again for a CU game is if I rent a limo anyway. Which, actually, isn't much more expensive than a parking pass. Hmmm....

I opted out of CSU and if I want to go, I will buy the tix on the secondary market. It will be much cheaper and I will get extra tix to a game in Boulder. I have also asked if I could exchange the 4 extra tix for a home game for 2 tix in one of the new areas to watch a lower rated game (i.e. not Oregon). My AD contact is trying to work that one out. Double bonus if I get it done this way.

I skipped the game last year, but that was Police decision, not mine. I opted out of the ticket this year.

My parents opted out, as did most of their long time season ticket holding friends. I have a feeling the CU side is going to look as pitiful as the CSU side typically does.

Back