What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU football: Toby Neinas seeks strong start for Buffs special teams

Maybe not but we need some plays there, it's getting sad. Oneill did his job, I have no doubt there.

We got killed on STs tonight. No other way to spin that.

Can someone explain to me why Oliver kicks off instead of Diego?

Are low kickoffs that land at the 2 part of the game plan or something?

We didn't lose the game with our ST's.

When we were winning the field position game we were kicking ass.

When we couldn't cover kickoffs we got our ass kicked.

It mattered more than you would like to think.

Get rid of Neinas. He sucks.

We got killed on STs tonight. No other way to spin that.

Can someone explain to me why Oliver kicks off instead of Diego?

Are low kickoffs that land at the 2 part of the game plan or something?

Diego did kick off in the second half and it only went to about the 5 yard line and ended up as a good return. I wondered that too, but apparently his leg isn't as big as it once was.

Diego did kick off in the second half and it only went to about the 5 yard line and ended up as a good return. I wondered that too, but apparently his leg isn't as big as it once was.

Damn.

I missed that, obviously. I didn't notice a left footed kickoff. You sure it was Diego and not the walk on or Oliver?

Damn.

I missed that, obviously. I didn't notice a left footed kickoff. You sure it was Diego and not the walk on or Oliver?

Yes, he was wearing jersey #10.
KICKOFFS No. Yds TB OB Avg.
Oliver, Will 3 195 1 0 65.0
Gonzalez, Diego 1 64 0 0 64.0

1A-Gonzalez, Diego kickoff 64 yards to the CS1, 2-GAINES, Deionte return 43 yards to the CS44

Last edited:
Thankfully we have Neinas as a ST coach only. His extra coaching helped O'Neill punt it to the 5 and not the 10 yard line

It's the altitude...or the water.

I'm not going to defend him. But at what point do the players get some blame for not executing? Man, that was about the worst display of special teams I've seen. And it has carried over from last year.

I'm not going to defend him. But at what point do the players get some blame for not executing? Man, that was about the worst display of special teams I've seen. And it has carried over from last year.

Oh my.

Back