What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU/FS game postponed to a later date

I wonder how much $$$ was lost? Even if Fresno doesn't make it to the MWC championship game, alot of people will blow off coming to a game in Boulder in December when the weather could be a blizzard.

this had to have happened to some school before, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood. What historical context do we have to look at?

It happened to UCLA/Miami in 1998. They made it up at the end of the season. The Canes knocked the Bruins out of the national championship picture.

I'd be okay with doing a hoops series with UNLV to get them to move their game with Fresno.....football? When do we have openings? Both teams need to play this football game IMO.

They could push that game to a night game and play football at noon. Football/Basketball doubleheaders are not new.

Doubleheader would be fun. Not sure if TV will allow for it since The P12 championship is being played on Saturday at 6pm (MT time). But I'd think the P12 network would be down... would ESPN like it? maybe they won't care about CU vs FSU whenever it is. They scheduled the P12 championship game up against the BT championship game (also on Fox at 6pm MT).

Could also play Friday night.

Would mean 3 schools agreeing, and the Pac-12 office signing off on us playing a non conf game after the first 4 weeks.

Oregon state hosted Nichols St @ 330pm on the championship game weekend after a hurricane delayed their week 1 game last year.

I wonder how much $$$ was lost? Even if Fresno doesn't make it to the MWC championship game, alot of people will blow off coming to a game in Boulder in December when the weather could be a blizzard.

I wouldn't. Talk about really getting some home field advantage.

They were just waiting for Sacky's decision. No point in having the game if Sacky isn't going to hold the Allbuffs tailgate.

As crapped out as this situation is, I think it actually works in CU's favor. There are worse things than avoiding Fresno State. Yes, a big layoff between games isn't optimal, but we had an entire summer off and had a fairly productive first game. Powell should be able to heal up. And while I did think we would take care of FSU, we are now guranteed of starting Pac-12 without a loss, which may help with confidence.
Hey - I'm just going half-full style.

Cal and CU have bye weeks 10/16. We play them that week and play FS on 11/16

They play OSU after their bye
We play Zona after ours.

Last edited:
I think we're looking at an 11-game 2013.

I'm going to look at it as glass half-full and figure it's going to be a positive for the team.

Definitely the correct decision. You can't put on a football game with all this going on.

As crapped out as this situation is, I think it actually works in CU's favor. There are worse things than avoiding Fresno State. Yes, a big layoff between games isn't optimal, but we had an entire summer off and had a fairly productive first game. Powell should be able to heal up. And while I did think we would take care of FSU, we are now guranteed of starting Pac-12 without a loss, which may help with confidence.
Hey - I'm just going half-full style.

While true, we will be facing an Oregon State team with 4 games under their belt to our 2. Do agree that getting Powell healthy is a good thing.

While true, we will be facing an Oregon State team with 4 games under their belt to our 2. Do agree that getting Powell healthy is a good thing.

Also gives us a lot of time to figure out what the hell is wrong with the ground game.

Definitely the correct decision. You can't put on a football game with all this going on.

No question---Would like see RG get the ball rolling on a bowl waiver for us if we get to 5-6, though, as this is more than likely going be a Dec. 7 makeup IF Fresno doesn't make the MWC title game.

I think having the extra time to work on the basic fundamentals many of these players were lacking from the previous coaching staff will help with Oregon State plus the coaching staff will get 2 full weeks to put together a game plan

I think there's about a 5% chance we play Fresno during Conf Champ week. Other teams in the Mtn West "West" Division are: SJSU, Hawaii, Nevada, SDSU, and UNLV.

Back