What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - fUCLA Predictions

Oh! Good point!
**** off. Speedy is healthy and tore up Arizona for 181 yards and fUCLA has a much worse rush defense than Arizona does and our rush defense has gotten better. People act like this road streak is some forever lasting streak, when it's not. This team is playing it's best ball of the season and fUCLA has been very inconsistent this year.

I doubt anyone on this board actually thinks we will never win another road game. I could be wrong, but that seems like a pretty foolish thought.

**** off. Speedy is healthy and tore up Arizona for 181 yards and fUCLA has a much worse rush defense than Arizona does and our rush defense has gotten better. People act like this road streak is some forever lasting streak, when it's not. This team is playing it's best ball of the season and fUCLA has been very inconsistent this year.

Stupid argument. They have consistently won every conference game at home this year.

Anyways, leaving in 5 hours to board a plane heading to LAX. Woot!

Stupid argument. They have consistently won every conference game at home this year.
Yeah there home games include SJSU (W 27-17), Texas (L 20-49). WSU (W 28-25), Cal (W 31-14), ASU (W 29-28). Not exactly the cream of the crop of the Pac 12.

Yeah there home games include SJSU (W 27-17), Texas (L 20-49). WSU (W 28-25), Cal (W 31-14), ASU (W 29-28). Not exactly the cream of the crop of the Pac 12.

GUESS WHAT!?! Three of the teams UCLA beat... all beat us too!! AND two of those teams beat us at HOME!!

EDIT: Look, I believe there is some room for optimism in this game, but I will not pencil in a win in advance for any game until we finally win on the road.

Last edited:
GUESS WHAT!?! Three of the teams UCLA beat... all beat us too!! AND two of those teams beat us at HOME!!
Two of those we choked away in the final minutes though and ASU would have been a much closer game at home and with how we're playing now, we'd have a shot to beat them.

You care to elaborate or you just gonna do that little bull**** again?

Almost wins (or choke jobs if you will) are still losses, so I am not sure they bolster your argument in any way. You seem to talk yourself into thinking that we never really lose most games, it just somehow turns out that way.

Almost wins (or choke jobs if you will) are still losses, so I am not sure they bolster your argument in any way. You seem to talk yourself into thinking that we never really lose most games, it just somehow turns out that way.
Please point out where I said they weren't still losses.

Two of those we choked away in the final minutes though and ASU would have been a much closer game at home and with how we're playing now, we'd have a shot to beat them.

Bottom line is we still lost. This team still hasn't proven they know how to consistently finish and win games. Don't bring up the Arizona game.. it's only one game and they're in the cellar of the conference with an interim coach. However, Arizona may turn out to be the pivotal momentum changing game that the team needed, but it is by no means a good measuring stick to show that we've improved. The UCLA roadie will tell us a little more.

Bottom line is we still lost. This team still hasn't proven they know how to consistently finish and win games. Don't bring up the Arizona game.. it's only one game and they're in the cellar of the conference with an interim coach. However, Arizona may turn out to be the pivotal momentum changing game that the team needed, but it is by no means a good measuring stick to show that we've improved. The UCLA roadie will tell us a little more.
True but we improved during the ASU game and then improved more with the USC game. UCLA isn't on the same level as say Stanford, Oregon, USC, or Washington and they've only played Stanford and will play USC next week. UCLA may be 5-5 but they have one of the easiest Pac 12 schedules this year.

EDIT: Look, I believe there is some room for optimism in this game, but I will not pencil in a win in advance for any game until we finally win on the road.

Guess what!?! The team we beat last week blew UCLA the **** out. These "we beat them and they lost to them so we technically beat them" Arguments are dumb.

Guess what!?! The team we beat last week blew UCLA the **** out. These "we beat them and they lost to them so we technically beat them" Arguments are dumb.

UCLA was on the road and their success on the road is akin to ours. But at home, it seems to be a different story for UCLA and that concerns us. Ever heard of home field advantage? It's an incredible circumstance, look it up.

UCLA was on the road and their success on the road is akin to ours. But at home, it seems to be a different story for UCLA and that concerns us. Ever heard of home field advantage? It's an incredible circumstance, look it up.
Of course there's an advantage at home. But there are other mitigating factors at play. We're gonna win on the road.

Buffs 29
UCLA 21

The most encouraging stat I've found this week is that we have produced more "gashers" (9) that we've given up (6).

Anyone who doesn't think that we're going to win this week sucks **** by choice.

This thread turned out well. But, I do find it funny that after beating an atrocious 2 win team we started spewing off about guaranteed wins. That's cool

Back