What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU home court advantage

Rate CU's Kegvantage

• Average - like other big conference teams

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Good - developing a rep as a tough place to play

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Great - anyone outside the top 25 should expect a loss

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Elite - no visitor should be favored on our court

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
CU is 14-2 at the Keg this year with the Nebraska game still to play.

Last year, we went 13-3.

Looks like we're going to sell out 5 games this year, which would be a record. A 15th win would also be a new record.

We're obviously building something special at home.

But what stage do you think we're at?

Home court reputation isn't built in a year or two. I'm not going to upgrade us from "Good" to "Great" until we regularly start selling out the Keg.

When there is a large crowd...definitely great as we've not had the greatest of teams over the past years but have still been competitive against some very good teams at home.

When crowd is dead....average at best

We haven't lost to a team outside of the top 25 all year at home, and we 2-1 against teams in the top 10 at the time we played them, i'd say we are in-between great and elite. As Boyle builds with players made for his system and we start to sell out every home game I think we will definitely be elite.

Should this be called the Kegvantage?

I voted for good, with the chance to be upgraded to great in the coming years (but it could also dip to below average). I don't think its possible to be considered an elite home court advantage, that should be reserved for the Phog and Cameron and the like.

I think this depends on how you interpret the question. I interpreted it as our home court advantage right now.

In the past, I'd say we were average only that we played at altitude, crowd was a complete non-factor.

Right now, we're an ok team, but I'd say we're pretty great at home. I voted great.

Next year, we might not be an ok team. If we're not all that good, people probably won't be showing up like they have this year.

Next year, we might still be ok, but playing against lighter competition. In that case, and with a little luck, we could go undefeated at home. Undefeated at home == elite.

This year, I'm going with great.

I voted for Good. When the place is full, it can be electric - the key is getting it full for ALL the games, not just the "good" ones. When we do that, it will move up to Great.

Back