Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jan 11, 2013.
I'm really enjoying the videos coming out from CU this year.
The video group is kicking serious ass. Too bad our teams (specifically, the football team) has not been worthy of the work they've done. Hopefully that will change in the coming year.
CU Video has arrived when we are no longer subjected to this POS during tv broadcasts.
(If you didn't know about my views on this POS promo video before, now you do.)
I think that is a great promo video. What is the problem with it? I'm pretty proud when that comes on and I'm sitting with a bunch of family/friends that didn't go to CU.
1) Fatigue. It's been overplayed forever
2) Quality. Subpar production & creativity. More so when compared to CU video submissions.
3) Lack of characters I care about. We are looking at the backs of everybody's head. Those actors are NOT our astronauts nor Nobel prize winners. I doubt those actors still attend CU anymore.
4) 300 days of sunshine. Zzzzzzzzz. Pretty much every school in AZ, NM, Wy,NV and SoCal can claim the same.
5) That CU Hawaiian camp shirt is basically two decades old. Do they even make that anymore?
6) At the end, the whole CU system piggybacks on CU Boulder.
I could go on. Basically it boils down to a production quality that is cheap, a trademark of Dr Phil DiStephano.
Fair enough. Still like it.
Separate names with a comma.