What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in 2015 CBI

I don't think it was that dramatic-If we had a couple more bigger name schools in this, it probably made some sense for him to play. He hurts himself and doesn't help us as a program by playing-This is an NFL-esque preseason for next year. We get to end on a good note, and get guys work who desperately need it. It doesn't do anyone any good to have Ski play 30 minutes against Gardner Webb and possibly Seattle.

Yes, but despite the looks of this bracket, there are some teams where the lack of Ski may well cost us. Teams like UCSB and Stony Brook are no joke and have given Pac teams fits recently. Pepperdine had a solid WCC campaign (One of only 4 teams to have a winning conference record alongside Gonzaga, BYU and St. Mary's). In fact, many of these teams have knocked off power conference teams this season. Even Gardner-Webb has defeated Purdue and Clemson. As the only power conference school in this year's CBI, we've got the target on our back. Our younger guys will need to step up or else someone is going probably going to get us one of these games, especially when road game(s) come along.

Probably misunderstood-Tad always said he wanted to play in whatever we got invited to....The firm who runs the CBI always has trouble getting schools to play because of their version of the pay to play. Most of the big schools who get invited (Michigan and Florida) are at a point where they want to be done, and alot of the smaller schools prefer the CIT over this because of the smaller fee to host a game (30Kish vs the 50K that we're paying for Wednesday night---thats why the tickets for any of these games will probably all be GA).

The Pac has certainly had quite a bit of involvement over the years…Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Stanford, ...Utah took part a couple years before their Pac jump.

We'll have to play a road game at least once since the finals is a best of 3 series.

I posted Tad's quote in one of these threads from the Oregon post game. He basically said "seasons always end so abruptly".

I saw that quote but didn't connect it. Road games have been rough but not hopeless. Ski-less team and mostly unfamiliar teams (but unlike most OOC competition, these are relatively good teams) make this interesting.

I don't know how or why Ski is not playing, but it does say a lot about this team and its struggles this year that the senior and leading scorer is not playing in the post season tournament. Could be the team, could be ski, could be the coach, or it could be a combination, but something is definitely rotten.
This was my immediate reaction to the news until I read others on here who think it is a good idea for him and the team. Maybe it was mutual. My gut reaction was to think that he is a ****ty leader who is pissed he is not going to the Dance again and didn´t want to play in a **** consolation prize tourney. If it actually was mutual to protect him for his next steps and b-c Tad wants to get minutes to players on next year´s team than I am cool with it. Notsomuch if it was a unilateral decision by Ski.

This was my immediate reaction to the news until I read others on here who think it is a good idea for him and the team. Maybe it was mutual. My gut reaction was to think that he is a ****ty leader who is pissed he is not going to the Dance again and didn´t want to play in a **** consolation prize tourney. If it actually was mutual to protect him for his next steps and b-c Tad wants to get minutes to players on next year´s team than I am cool with it. Notsomuch if it was a unilateral decision by Ski.

people need to factor in the hip injuries

Ski loves to play basketball and has not, IMO, skipped out unless he had to. I believe he's near the top in games played as a Buff. I expect he'd rather play in the CBI and reluctantly agreed to sit it out for the team.

The only ones that are guaranteed to be televised are the finals. No word on anything else.

Wait, we already played the game?

I appreciate the 'fear of the unknown' (a Ski-less team) but was impressed at how the team stepped up after the loss of Spencer last year. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Sophomores step up in the CBI, now that there's no more Ski to give the shot to.

CBI Quarterfinals:

Colorado (16-17) @ Seattle (17-15)

Louisiana Monroe (22-12) @ Mercer (19-15)

Radford (22-11) @ Vermont (19-13)

Oral Roberts (19-14) @ Loyola-Chicago (20-13)

Of the 8 first round games, road teams were only 2-6.

CBI Quarterfinals:

Colorado (16-17) @ Seattle (17-15)

Louisiana Monroe (22-12) @ Mercer (19-15)

Radford (22-11) @ Vermont (19-13)

Oral Roberts (19-14) @ Loyola-Chicago (20-13)

Of the 8 first round games, road teams were only 2-6.

Seattle also played UW at UW-lost by 15. Doesn't matter where we play these teams. If we engage for four more games, we win this tournament.

Seattle also played UW at UW-lost by 15. Doesn't matter where we play these teams. If we engage for four more games, we win this tournament.
That's true but Upshaw was still playing for UW then. KenPom has us winning by 4 with a 67% win probability.

Looks like they have two guys who can shoot the 3, but the rest of the team is awful on offense.

They play in what looks like a high school gym. 1000 seats I think. Would be a fun game to go to if you are in that area. $10 tix.

They normally play home games in Key Arena, but this being the glorious CBI they had to play this one on campus. They aren't a bad team and in the small gym I see it being a good game. That being said as I mentioned in a previous thread I am going, just bought my tickets. Should be fun.

They normally play home games in Key Arena, but this being the glorious CBI they had to play this one on campus. They aren't a bad team and in the small gym I see it being a good game. That being said as I mentioned in a previous thread I am going, just bought my tickets. Should be fun.

AKCZAIEYHVIKRYG.20141216060823.jpg

We've won 2 road games all year and 1 was because of Ski going insane. UW was also a very different team before conference play. Of course we should beat these teams anywhere, but believe me, we're more than capable of walking into Vermont or somewhere and leaving with a loss.

If we win two more games we can get to over .500, like the rest of the schools in this thing. Cant we just scrimmage Metro or Overland?

They certainly dominated Pepperdine last night. They're pumped to be here. Their offense struggles but so does our D and they could kill us from 3 if we aren't careful. Good on defense. They're a decently coached team, I remember Virginia playing them twice a few years back and they were a pain in the ass to deal with both times.

Back