What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in 2015 CBI

Anyone think playing in the CBI will shame the players into stepping up next year?
I think their season is shame enough. Then watching teams they compete against having success and getting national props should top it all off.

I don't know. I've been hearing empty talk for over a year now. Show "shame" by winning the CBI and then silently working your asses off to not have this happen again. I don't need or want to hear about how it's going to be different. I want actual proof.

If we get boat raced do we post the score of the game through out the facilities this summer and fall?

I wasn't saying he did or didn't. XJ himself said he (paraphrasing) disappeared at times in this same story, but starting now he was turning over a new leaf. And that new leaf is 20 PPG.

Talk about wins, defense, hustle, dedication, selflessness, rebounding, weightlifting, SR leadership, pretty much anything else but PPG.

For a team that was 146th in PPG, and losing Ski, we need someone to think about scoring, for chrissakes.

I don't know. I've been hearing empty talk for over a year now. Show "shame" by winning the CBI and then silently working your asses off to not have this happen again. I don't need or want to hear about how it's going to be different. I want actual proof.

This was my reaction to XJ's comment. Wasn't he the one who commented that AZ wasn't that good after the ripoff loss a couple years ago, and that the Buffs would whip them soundly in boulder? Prove it on the court, the talk is unnecessary.

Fixing the offense would be a great start to getting things back in the right direction....I have been gone for a while....is everyone still high on Fortune's role on the team next season?

Fixing the offense would be a great start to getting things back in the right direction....I have been gone for a while....is everyone still high on Fortune's role on the team next season?
The defense needs to get fixed first, this years defense was unacceptable and the worst since Tad's first year here. Yeah the offense has been ugly too much this year, but this team needs to get back to the basics and get back to what Tad has emphasized as the coach in Boulder.

Will our defensive game plan focus on stopping their 2 guards from hitting lots of 3s and make them beat us inside where we have a significant advantage?

SIAP, but per Ringo, if we make it to the CBI Final (which is a best-of-3), we will only host one game.

Great opportunity to check next year's team quality, potentially several road games against lesser teams. Much more worthwhile than beating teams like Gardner Webb at CEC. Despite the low quality of the CBI, it was a very good move to join the tournament.

Of course a loss at Seattle would be a real downer and not bode well for next year's season.

It would be a great opportunity, if you would actually PLAY your freshmen. But no, Miller gets 4 minutes, XJ gets to stand around, still dis-interested and un-caring.

At least Tad made some significant adjustments near the end of the game. Wait. No he didn't. Keep doing the same thing, over and over.

Make sure X.T. can jack up 10 3s. And miss almost all of them.

I think his post was in jest.

It was.

And mine was in dumb ass-ery

You need to learn that there are those of us who know a lot more history regarding CU athletics than you do, because, well unfortunately, we're old ****s. So when something hearkens back to the not-so-far-past dark days of Tharp and Bohn, when we saw the program as a whole go in the poop tank we're going to make a snide remark here and there.

Don't take it so personal.

I cheer for MacIntyre, Boyle and George to rescue the programs from the depths so you get to enjoy the rise to the top of the pack from the depths of despair as I did when I was your age. Unfortunately, this is the second valley I've endured, so it does become hard to climb one's way out at an advanced age.

Hopefully this basketball season was just an off ramp to a dirty rest area in Nebraska and we're back on I-80 west soon.

I was being a smart ass, just because of that it doesn't mean I took it personally

Awaiting my next infraction

Back