What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in Hawaii 2011

My vote would be for the Big Island. Not that you're soliciting my opinion on the matter...

Leaning that way. There is so much to see. I wanted to extend the trip as much as possible so I am taking a red eye back on Sunday and going directly to work. I am sure I will be very productive that day. :smile2:

CU getting in on the planning as well, here is an official email from the:

http://pacmail.em.marketinghq.net/f...20&hq_e=el&hq_m=166005&hq_l=1&hq_v=6c3d870020

Posted to the schedule blog as well.

The Meat of it:

Hawaii.jpg

First half of my schedule is set. Waikiki Friday night, game on Saturday, North shore from Sat to Wed.

Still trying to decide between the Big Island and Kauai for Thursday - Sunday.

That beer I owe you will have to come before the game.

It's great to see some burgeoning AllBuffs numbers going out to paradise for the season opener.
I can't wait to talk **** about how much we wish we were at Invesco instead.

That beer I owe you will have to come before the game.

It's great to see some burgeoning AllBuffs numbers going out to paradise for the season opener.
I can't wait to talk **** about how much we wish we were at Invesco instead.

wtf you calling burgeoning?

wtf you calling burgeoning?

Did you see that pic of Sacky in front of the Pyramids in Gaza?
Did you see the schnoz on that guy who passed out at the spring game?

Both good guys. Both burgeoning.

Please define burgeoning. :lol:

With the number of participants, it's "grow". The numbers of Allbuffs fans going to Hawaii has grown.

With Sacky and his Pyramid physique, let's go with "flourish". Sacky has really flourished since I met him at the Miami of Ohio tailgate.

With Snow's formidable nasal situation, it's more like "put forth" or "sprout". That is quite some honker that Snow's face has put forth.

:lol:

With the number of participants, it's "grow". The numbers of Allbuffs fans going to Hawaii has grown.

With Sacky and his Pyramid physique, let's go with "flourish". Sacky has really flourished since I met him at the Miami of Ohio tailgate.

With Snow's formidable nasal situation, it's more like "put forth" or "sprout". That is quite some honker that Snow's face has put forth.

You sonofabitch. :lol: Well, thanks for clearing that up, cause that **** made no sense.

Hey now. I've been burgeoning for a long time. Sometimes I look more burgeoned than others.

Looks like I'll have to go on a diet before we head to the islands. I don't want to be too flourished.

Got my flights today, I'm just coming in Friday out Sunday to the Big Island for a little over a week - got a brother in Keaau. May get a couple of dives in - if you haven't dived or snorkeled it, the Kona Manta Ray night dive is pretty incredible. The time I went they counted 23 giant mantas (~10-14 ft wingspan).

Oh yeah, tried on "the day" but no great flight values from Phoenix. Oh well.

Last edited:
Just booked my inter-island flight - Getting into HNL at 8:15AM. Leaving back to Kauai at 10PM.

I'm thinking about hitting Pearl Harbor/ USS Arizona memorial straight away - before the sun gets to high in the sky. Then retreat to the tailgate/hospitality phase. If anybody want to join in, lemme know.

Can Not Wait!

Just booked my inter-island flight - Getting into HNL at 8:15AM. Leaving back to Kauai at 10PM.

I'm thinking about hitting Pearl Harbor/ USS Arizona memorial straight away - before the sun gets to high in the sky. Then retreat to the tailgate/hospitality phase. If anybody want to join in, lemme know.

Can Not Wait!

I'll notify TSA.

Can Not Wait!

Pearl/USS Arizona has to be done first thing in the morning - like 7:30. Otherwise, the crowds are crazy and you have a multi-hour wait to get out to the memorial.

Just found out today that a part of the marching band will be there in the Aloha State!!! Pac-12 Day is Allsome!

Pearl/USS Arizona has to be done first thing in the morning - like 7:30. Otherwise, the crowds are crazy and you have a multi-hour wait to get out to the memorial.

Is it still that popular? I went when I was a kid, but that was 30 years ago and there were still a lot of people alive who lived through WWII. Now, the front edge of the baby boomers are senior citizens. I wouldn't think there would be as much traffic. Of course, the lines probably move more slowly now.

Is it still that popular? I went when I was a kid, but that was 30 years ago and there were still a lot of people alive who lived through WWII. Now, the front edge of the baby boomers are senior citizens. I wouldn't think there would be as much traffic. Of course, the lines probably move more slowly now.
Half of the tourists who go there are Japanese. They have two auditoriums to show the movie - one in English, the other in Japanese.

Half of the tourists who go there are Japanese. They have two auditoriums to show the movie - one in English, the other in Japanese.

Rumor has it that the Japanese version is less--how shall we say--solemn.

Any idea when game tickets go on sale? The UH site just says season tickets go on sale in the middle of July.

Any idea when game tickets go on sale? The UH site just says season tickets go on sale in the middle of July.

I asked the CUAD this very question last Thursday.

- CU is accepting orders for the package deal right now, includes airfare, hotel, tickets.

- Buff Club members to get an offer around July 11th.

- Alternate option is to reach out to U Hawaii or StubHub.

Thanks - I guess I'm waiting on UH (unless I can get a single game ticket only through CU), as I have my flights and hotel booked.

Sorry if I seem unpatriotic but skip pearl harbor if you'll be on Oahu one day. It is long and cumbersome and just not really worth it...

Single Game Ticket update.
Stubhub is listing single game tickets. There's some choice 50 yard line available for $136 each. (orange sideline K)
Some of the endzone tix are selling for as low as $39.
http://www.stubhub.com/hawaii-football-tickets/hawaii-vs-colorado-9-3-2011-1064096/

The UHAD is opening up season tickets for new buyers (not returning) tomorrow.
The UHAD website does NOT yet list any details about single game tickets.

I'm guessing more seats will be available as the game nears.
I'm interested in sitting inbetween the 20s. PM me if you are interested in going in with me on a block.

Does anyone know which section CU is offering as part of the package?

Back