What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in Yuri's top 2?

This is one of our better recruit threads in a while, I'd argue.

Go Buffs!

Way to turn a thread about a potential big time recruiting get into a thread about Beer. I don't know this kid or his parents but I am thinking this wasn't the greatest idea if his family is searching this thread.

Way to turn a thread about a potential big time recruiting get into a thread about Beer. I don't know this kid or his parents but I am thinking this wasn't the greatest idea if his family is searching this thread.

Well, there's an official recruiting thread on Yuri already. And this isn't a "Whoooo party, let's get jacked out of our gourd thread" but just a meandering discussion about beer.

I don't see the harm. But thanks for being you. It's always a pleasure. If there was ever a post that stereotyped a former RM who drives the speed limit in the left lane, this would have to be it.

I'm thinking you, Caronlina Buff and pabuff might consider starting your own site?

Well, there's an official recruiting thread on Yuri already. And this isn't a "Whoooo party, let's get jacked out of our gourd thread" but just a meandering discussion about beer.

I don't see the harm. But thanks for being you. It's always a pleasure. If there was ever a post that stereotyped a former RM who drives the speed limit in the left lane, this would have to be it.

I'm thinking you, Caronlina Buff and pabuff might consider starting your own site?

C'mon Wally, you know there's a beer thread in the Pub.

C'mon Wally, you know there's a beer thread in the Pub.

C'mon Dirt, you know there's a Yuri thread in the Recruiting Section.

Look, I try to keep recruiting threads on topic, in general. And I try to be very respectful to recruits and their families. But if a family is really offended that a bunch of 35 year-olds digress into a conversation on beer, then I don't know what to say.

It was the sort of responsible adult conversation on beer, not the "CU is a crazy party school bad influence on your child" sort of conversation.

And frankly, I blame the Michigan fans for initiating it in the first place.

Yuri's parents don't like beer?

It's become clear that some folks don't understand some basic facts of life. One of those facts is that the answer is always "beer".

I have been to Southern Sun once and yes, it's a direct copy of McMenamins, right down to the font on the menus. I found the beers to be good but nothing spectacular, which is more-or-less what I think of the beer at McMenamins. Maybe I wasn't giving them a fair shake since I was still shocked at them being a copy.

They wouldn't lie about copying mcmenamins, but from what I hear mcmenamins went down the ****ter and is terrible now. Mountain sun pubs have their own style and charm, from the chalk art, to the mentality of the server, to the amazing food, and finally the constantly experimenting, quality brewers. During the GABF brewers from all around the country flock to those three pubs.

Average artists copy, great artists steal.

And frankly, I blame the Michigan fans for initiating it in the first place.

actually, in true allbuffs form, I started it by trolling some michigan bbs saying that if I waa a recruit, I'd go to cu because colorado has better beer.

actually, in true allbuffs form, I started it by trolling some michigan bbs saying that if I waa a recruit, I'd go to cu because colorado has better beer.

FACT!!
Also, when women at CU take off their sweaters they are often times hiding hot bodies underneath. At MeatU they often are not hiding anything.

FACT!!
Also, when women at CU take off their sweaters they are often times hiding hot bodies underneath. At MeatU they often are not hiding anything.

Except for years of library inspired lethargy.

Doubt we'll get his commit this weekend, but that would be awesome!! Could compete for a starting position next yr.

They wouldn't lie about copying mcmenamins, but from what I hear mcmenamins went down the ****ter and is terrible now. Mountain sun pubs have their own style and charm, from the chalk art, to the mentality of the server, to the amazing food, and finally the constantly experimenting, quality brewers. During the GABF brewers from all around the country flock to those three pubs.

Average artists copy, great artists steal.

They actually hired away McMenimins' top brewer in 1993 when they started the Pearl St. location. He started over with all 'new' recipes, but the M.S. pub model was a no-apologies copy of the Portland concept. I believe that guy left after about 5 years, and they've had a couple of other master brewers since. I was one of their original employees back in the day, and I'll always be partial to Mountain Sun brews. But the unfiltered ales just slay me if I have more than a couple, so I opt for filtered craft beers if I'm looking to tie one on.

Nice! It can lead to a hangover, but I salivate just thinking about their beer/food.

I worked at all three pubs before moving back home, so naturally I'm partial.

Back