1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU is hurting . . .

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by huskermike, Sep 17, 2009.

1. huskermike

huskermike Member

Hey guys,
    I've lurked here for a few years to keep up on CU news (and to get a few laughs about the Husker threads) but I thought now would be a good time to actually contribute something. What I see you all going through right now looks painfully familiar. Most Husker fans felt the same thing two years ago, and I think most would sympathize. I'm not going to lie and say that I hope you guys win them all but it does suck to see a proud program getting kicked around with little hope in sight.

Anyways, the upside here is that once Hawkins is gone (which looks like it will be a done deal . . . if not this year then next?) and you guys get a good coach . . . the turnaround doesn't necessarily have to take a long time. I don't know if Pelini will ever get us back to where we were but I am certain he will take us further than Billy C ever would. There's no reason to think CU can't make a similar turnaround.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't have to suffer through this for too long. Good luck against Wyoming.

-huskermike

(Also . . . if you guys do end up with a new coach I hope it is Turner Gill. The man is a good coach . . . and more importantly a GREAT man. I think the CU/NU rivalry could become something much bigger and more respectful with him righting your ship.)

2. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Thanks! Were hoping the turnaround starts this weekend, but I don't think anyone of us is going to hold their collective breath that Hawkins can actually get it done this year.

3. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

thanks....nice post.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Your comments are appreciated. Any idea on where I can buy Pepto Bismol in bulk?

5. huskermike

huskermike Member

I think there is still a shortage in Nebraska from 2007. :sad1:

Waldo likes this.
  6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:lol: I hear you, I have to admit, I now go into Buff games wondering if that queasy feeling will go away by Monday.

7. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Appreciate it Huskermike - looks like you're gonna get a couple easy wins from us this year and next, but let's look forward to a good rivalry again after that!

8. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

:thumbsup:

At this point I would welcome a former NU coach or player. We have big uglies and a nice stable of RB's smashmouth is what we need to play with our current talent.

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

My buddy said he became a huge women's gymnastics fan when his Crimson Tide FB program was going through period of turmoil.

Too bad CU doesn't have women's gymnastics. But there is tennis and golf and cross country and soccer.

Echoing our Husker friend said, this Bama fan says these things do happen and it sucks, but coaching situations eventually do get better.

10. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Thank my friend. I hope you stick around the board. It will get better but it is going to take some time. The good thing is that when a new coach does come in, the cupboard should not be totally bare. I guess that assumes Hawk is let go sometime this season. If he is allowed to stay beyond this year, the cupboard will start to empty.

Thanks again and I agree, Gill would be a great hire.

11. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

Go **** yourself, Mike. (sorry...but will never say thank you or anything nice to you scumbags):smile2:

12. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I agree, I think Gill would be great for CU. However, I dont know how much Father Osborne would like it.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

sympathy from fusker fans... oh lord, how far have we fallen :cry:

Seriously, thx tho. :cry: :cry:

... ok, now go get me a burger and beer....

14. huskermike

huskermike Member

No worries . . . I'm still going to hate you on the day after Thanksgiving.

:finger2: (Kidding)

I'd have sympathy for fans of any team in your situation other than Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, and Ohio State.

15. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

No Oklahoma, you ain't no Husker

16. huskermike

huskermike Member

Eh. I don't really hate Oklahoma. Too young for the heyday of the rivalry I guess. I grew up with us dominating them through the 90s . . . and now the tables have turned. Hard to be too excited about it when the games haven't been close.

17. Jay

Jay Member

I agree. Even as a Husker fan, I don't wish what CU fans are going through on anybody. To watch what is happening on the field after having such high expectations coming into the season is just painful.

18. Spider

Spider Member

Yes, and it needs to turn around before too long or there will be kids out there who will go through high school seeing Colorado as a not so great program; the longer this continues the more of those kids there will be. Right now memories of greater days are not that far back, but in another couple of years yesterday's 10th graders will be on their way to college.

19. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Pity from ****ers? **** that ****.

20. Spider

Spider Member

Gads, do my posts here about CU's woes look like just pity?

It is not so much pity as I think and make the posts, personally; it's memories of very hard times here in Husker Nation and, hopefully, some sort of contribution to the board here as to the various aspects of all that.