What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Keeps Season Alive With 9-8 OT Win Over SDSU

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
DENVER – Colorado versus San Diego State: take two. Though the journey was different, the outcome was the same, with the CU lacrosse team taking down SDSU in overtime. This time, Johnna Fusco netted the sudden victory game-winner to give the Buffaloes a 9-8 win in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation quarterfinals.

CU has a growing knack for overtime play. The Buffs have gone into extra minutes in four of their last five games. In fact, all the teams playing in Thursday’s MPSF quarterfinals (SDSU, USC and Oregon) have lost to CU in overtime during the regular season. CU is now a perfect 4-0 in overtime, picking up two wins over SDSU. In its inaugural season, the Buffs improve to 11-7 overall.

“It’s not a trend we’re promoting but we’ve been fighting hard and there’s good teams in our conference,” CU head coach Ann Elliott said of her team’s recent inclination for extra minutes. “It’s taken us longer than 60 minutes to win and we’re very fortunate for every opportunity. We’re fortunate to be on the winning side of these games. It’s tough to win in overtime.”

Read more...
Box Score

At 4-0 in OT, it is more than luck or good fortune. That's a large enough sample size to say there is something special going on with the culture of this program.

Very impressive for a first-year program. How many first year programs get the third seed in their conference tournament? I'll admit that I know close to nothing about lacrosse. But I do know that a first year program typically struggles. There aren't any true veterans on the team. They're all freshmen and sophomores. It's hard to recruit to a program that has no history at all.

This coach is a keeper.

It's crazy how this team has only two sophomores and the other 21 are freshmen and they are doing as well as they are. Just imagine what this team will be like when they are juniors and seniors.

Anyone going to the game tonight? I'm considering it if I can talk my grandson in to going. We got our butts handed to us the first time we played Stanford but I would like to show some support just for their effort on the whole season...and you never know, maybe we can get them this time!

Back