1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU landed one of the country's best distance runners

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by Buffnik, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

"December 31

On of the nation's top recruits, Ammar Moussa, chooses to attend the University of Colorado next fall. After narrowing down from four schools (UNC, Oregon, Cal, CU), Moussa decided that Boulder was the place he felt he could be most successful."

http://www.flotrack.org/speaker/5462-Ammar-Moussa/video/404211-Ammar-Moussa-chooses-Colorado

http://rise.espn.go.com/track-and-xc/rankings/xc-top-25-boys-individuals/2010/Dec-18.aspx

http://rise.espn.go.com/track-and-xc/us/2010-xc/2010-USATF-JO-XC-Story.aspx?pursuit=TrackAndXC

I guess it was a bit of a surprise to those who follow track recruiting that we beat out Cal.

Welcome to the Buff family, Ammar!

:gobuffs:

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Nice work on Coach Wetmore's part here. With the Class Golf signed it looks like our non-revenue sports are picking up steam.

3. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Wow - a lot of hating on the flotrack.org comments. Welcome to the b&g, Mr. Moussa! Great pick-up by Wetmore & staff (again!).

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Wow. So there's, like, a forum for track. Kind of like a football forum, but for track? Where people actually know these kids, their form "form?" and all that stuff?

Who knew? Next thing you'll be telling me is that people actually follow soccer.

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I wish there were more XC and Track discourse here at Allbuffs. Cross Country is the one program under Bohn that has been consistently respectable. Of course I'm biased.

Allbuffs will reach it's fullest potential once the current and former CU ski team start posting. I'm guessing that those skandinavian kids could add some serious hilarity to this place.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

snowboard/skiers know how to party. Ski club was amazing.

7. Buffnik

Recruit some people here to talk T&F/CC. It would be cool to get that going.

8. Clean Undies

Is it against NCAA rules to send a box of Allbuffs T-Shirts to coach Whitmore?

9. Buffnik

Nope.

Just don't send him videos of your mom and we should be ok.

10. Clean Undies

That's cool. Thanks Nik.

-------

By the way, you are a ****ing **** sucker **** for brains bloody **** bitch. Don't ever bring my mother into this again. Do you understand me you goat****ing *** guzzling **** smoker? It's my family and that's not cool.

No. I will ****ing not lighten up. Lay the **** off mother references. Do I make myself clear? You and your ingrown pencil dick needs to shut the **** up. Don't you ever dare to bring my family into this, you puss filled sperm dump community use dooshnozzel. You are not ****ing going to start spewing **** about my mother. That's some ****ed up ****. The sooner that ****faced fart snorting sandy vag **** shoveling cockgobblers get that **** through your ****ing thick skull, the better, you idot dickwad.

(mods - feel free to move this last bit to the smack room)

Buffnik likes this.
  11. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

that is some **** right there....

12. Buffnik

So, I guess it would be inappropriate if I asked you to PM me some pics of your mom?

:smile2:

13. Clean Undies

**** the PM The world shall see!
    [​IMG]

14. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Nice video - good to see a kid talking up CU

15. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

You need to watch it. A true test of tallent, speed, and endurance.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

XC and Track are very underappreciated (I am biased too). What Wetmore has managed to do at CU is amazing. People complain about our football/basketball facilities, and rightfully so at times. But the facilities we have for XC and track are horrible, yet Wetmore has managed to land several runners that equate to 5* recruits.

17. Buffnik

Wetmore is definitely a great coach and asset to the AD.

But I thought that we had recently build a new XC course on the South Campus and also did a new outdoor T&F facility this decade that was good enough to host the Big 12 championships?

Is the issue more about our lack of decent indoor competition and training facilities? If so, all the more reason to push for a multi-use indoor facility that includes a full-size football practice field.

18. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The XC course has been on the South Campus for a while now. If you read Running with the Buffaloes, Wetmore does not exactly praise it. Potts Field has gotten a lot better. It was at the bottom of the Big 12 and it will be at or near the bottom of the Pac-12 too. But it is better than it was a decade ago.

The indoor facilities are very outdated and I hope the longterm plans have something to rectify that. The one thing advantage for XC that we do have is the altitude and abundance of running spots around Boulder. We also have a pretty solid in-state talent pool. The cold weather hinders us for track recruiting though.

19. fcjack1

fcjack1 Member

Totally agree. Would love to chat up the XC. I'm totally biased as well. Anyone know how well the rest of the class is?

20. Buffnik