What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - LSU home and home

VCBuff

What happened to this series? I swear I remember looking out on CU's OOC schedule at one point and seeing a trip to Baton Rouge somewhere.

what a shame

united_trailer.jpg.gif

Kill it with fire. We are in no position to be playing LSU.

And Goose, the person who wrote the BR article is the same person who owns CUattheGame.

And Goose, the person who wrote the BR article is the same person who owns CUattheGame.

I just wanted to make sure that Stuart actually agreed to put that article on BR. BR is notorious for "borrowing" articles and reposting them.

CAn't believe I'm saying this but I agree with tini. We aren't in any position to play LSU for a home and home at this time. Maybe in 5 years.

Disagree. Schedule it!!! Get on LSU's dance card, Mr Bohn. It won't happen for atleast 9 years anyway. That's plenty of time for CU to schedule a bunch of cupcakes so that novices like Creatini can get some confidence in our Buffs.

Watching CU beat LSU in Death Valley has been on my wish list for the greater part of a decade. And they can't beat LSU in Baton Rouge if they don't schedule them.

We need wins. Allbuffs already melted down once this season because of the OOC. We need home games that are sure wins.

We need wins. Allbuffs already melted down once this season because of the OOC. We need home games that are sure wins.

It melted down? Really? I missed that.

You and I have no idea what kind of team CU or LSU will field in 2020-2021.

This might be HC Embree's 10th or 11th year. That's ample time to get his system in place.

Shooting down a scheduling plan that far in the distance "because CU needs wins" is short sighted and displays no confidence in our great program.

The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or weak.

Tini- your opposition to this game is both timid and weak.

That's fine with me. I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of being a national joke.

Let me ask you this, in 2002, did you think we would be where we are now? We need to get gauranteed wins on our OOC schedule. Just because it'll be in nine years doesn't mean we couldn't be at this level still. We get elite again, I'm sure we cam find another elite team to play in a shirt time frame.

Disagree. Schedule it!!! Get on LSU's dance card, Mr Bohn. It won't happen for atleast 9 years anyway. That's plenty of time for CU to schedule a bunch of cupcakes so that novices like Creatini can get some confidence in our Buffs.

Watching CU beat LSU in Death Valley has been on my wish list for the greater part of a decade. And they can't beat LSU in Baton Rouge if they don't schedule them.

I almost saw the Buffs beat LSU in Death Valley back in the early 80s. CU choked the game away late.

Last edited:
That's fine with me. I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of being a national joke.

Let me ask you this, in 2002, did you think we would be where we are now? We need to get gauranteed wins on our OOC schedule. Just because it'll be in nine years doesn't mean we couldn't be at this level still. We get elite again, I'm sure we cam find another elite team to play in a shirt time frame.

If CU is at it's current level ten years from now, that adds up to a lot of losses.
If you believe CU is going to lose anyway, then **** you. But if CU happens to lose, why not lose in some of the most stories venues in the land?

You have said you have been attending home games for seven or eight years. How many away venues have you visited?

Am I happy CU lost to Hawaii or West Virginia or Cal or OU or A&M or Texas on the road? Hell no. But my life richer for having taken those trips, seen those places, and perpetuated friendships with fellow buffs. It also makes those victories in places like Michigan more special.

Make a choice, Tini. If you are sick of losing, then go hop on some bandwagon like Alabama or Oklahoma or USC.
If you are a Buff, then man-up and cheer them on to victory. Never give in. Shoulder to Shoulder and all that stuff.

This fear of LSU ten years out is, frankly, embarrassing and shameful.

To directly answer your question, in 2002 I was a proud Buff. It was awesome being there in person watching CU beat Nebraska and the beat UT in Texas stadium. I have remained a proud Buff through the scandal and the Hawk years. I have never preoccupied myself with being associated with, in your words, "a national joke."

It's sorely disappointing to see you refer to dear old CU in such terms. It says something about your character.

Melted down? Maybe you melted down but i don't think most of the rest of the board did. I, for one, am pretty excited to be going to columbus in a week to see the buff play in one of the few places that can hold a candle to folsom field. I am sure as hell glad i have the opportunity to do that. You know the best way to prove a team is relevant? It's to beat a relevant team. You aren't going to be able to do that when you are playing csu and wyoming out of conference.

So in the eyes of the national media, what are we then? Don't question my love for CU but I'll take a nice W over a L at LSU any day of the week. I don't believe CU is going to lose but I'd rather have a sure fire win at home, as I said. I've never given up on CU but I also know that this type of scheduling is not getting us anywhere and I know I'm not the only Buff fan that feels this way. This isn't the 1980's or 1990's where their are limited bowls. It's 2011 and we need to schedule as many wins as possible.

So in the eyes of the national media, what are we then? Don't question my love for CU but I'll take a nice W over a L at LSU any day of the week. I don't believe CU is going to lose but I'd rather have a sure fire win at home, as I said. I've never given up on CU but I also know that this type of scheduling is not getting us anywhere and I know I'm not the only Buff fan that feels this way. This isn't the 1980's or 1990's where their are limited bowls. It's 2011 and we need to schedule as many wins as possible.

In they eyes of the national media?
Unranked and therefore irrelevant. But a great venue with arguably the best mascot in College football.

Scheduling LSU ten years out for a home and home is two games. It's not a trend. It's not a scheduling philosophy. It's TWO GAMES.

You are extrapolating.

Were more than irrelevant in the us of the national media. We're at WSU level to them. Go read the ESON game boards, go read CSU boards, go read blogs about CU on ESPN. Everyone thinks were a joke. If we're winning, I have no problem playing them but I'm sure there will be an opportunity in that time frame to play them without scheduling -0 years in advance.

Were more than irrelevant in the us of the national media. We're at WSU level to them. Go read the ESON game boards, go read CSU boards, go read blogs about CU on ESPN. Everyone thinks were a joke. If we're winning, I have no problem playing them but I'm sure there will be an opportunity in that time frame to play them without scheduling -0 years in advance.

For a guy who doesn't give a **** about how people think, you sure are sensitive.

Who cares what those assholes think anyway?

If you choose to wallow in that cesspool, then knock yourself out.

This thread is about an LSU series.

You have turned it into a display of your general lack of fortitude.

Sack up.

Well considering recruits are looking at the national perception, I'd say that's not a good position to be in.

Well considering recruits are looking at the national perception, I'd say that's not a good position to be in.

You thread jacking troll. This has NOTHING to do with possibly playing LSU in 2020-2021.

Go ahead and start your own thread about CU's OOC scheduling and how a yummy diet of cupcakes is the best path for currying positive attention by "the national media" which leads to getting better recruits.

LSU ten years out triggers an irrational psychological response from you. Go seek help!

Christ. When college football nation (probably) undergoes a makeover to superconferences in the very near future, we're gonna have, what.. 2 OOC games? If we can't win against the BCS teams in our own conference, then what is the point scheduling cupcakes for those 2 games? Let me repeat: TWO. We won't even be getting an invitation to a ***** bowl game. You sound like such a pussy when you say winning those 2 OOC gimmie games is gonna make us "winners". If we can't even compete with LSU, then you can bet we won't win our conference, let alone get respect.

Then why not schedule two gauranteed wins in the OOC? It's not like were playing in some slouch conference like Boise where we need to play the top teams OOC. If the super inferences happen, were already going to be playing OU, USC, UO, and maybe Texass. Were not lacking for great teams in our conference. Whatever though, I said the same thing this summer and got the same responses.

Are you aware how bad our program is right now? This ain't 1994

Then why not schedule two gauranteed wins in the OOC? It's not like were playing in some slouch conference like Boise where we need to play the top teams OOC. If the super inferences happen, were already going to be playing OU, USC, UO, and maybe Texass. Were not lacking for great teams in our conference. Whatever though, I said the same thing this summer and got the same responses.

Go debate that **** somewhere else. We're talking LSU here.

lsu-girl-doggy.jpg

Are you aware how bad our program is right now? This ain't 1994

We are as bad as we were in 1984. When did LSU become the biggest boogie man in college football?

Some people don't know how to enjoy a good tailgate.

2345309361_294cdc149b.jpg

Back