What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - LSU home and home

moronic post from someone that obviously knows very little about CU football.

CU on average has had a good spell every ten years for the past 50 years. In fact CU has won at least one conference title in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's.

In the early 80's we were just as bad if not worse than we are right now (losing to Drake twice). We went from a laughing stock to a national title contender in 6 years.

We are due for our resurgence and the odds are good it will happen again.

So you think it is more likely in ten years that CU beats LSU on the road than it is that we are average? I'm afraid I'm not the one who is making moronic posts, if that's the case. We are staring down the pipe of a sixth consecutive losing season.

So two cupcakes (North Texas and Wyoming or something) and then a lowly BCS team like Indiana or Vanderbilt or something of that nature?

:nod:

Or a quality non-BCS like a Fresno State or SMU that will get you used to BCS speed.

MUCH. Just wish it would have continued...

MB you bloody begging bugger!

lsu-grrrr.jpg

350x.jpg

quarter.GIF

Hottest-LSU-Girls-3.jpg

76kristincavvaleri.jpg

55triciahelfer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I could live with that. I'm just sick of going into conference play 1-2.

The problem is not the opponent. It is our team. I don't want to beat bad teams and make these guys think they are good. They need to beat good teams and know they are good.

The problem is not the opponent. It is our team. I don't want to beat bad teams and make these guys think they are good. They need to beat good teams and know they are good.
Winning would give us confidence which is something we've been lacking. We do this style for a few years, get some good recruiting class, and then we can branch out for a legit OOC game. Confidence is key.

W-L affects national perception of a program and when you are rebuilding a losing team it is more important for the team to win games than it is for you to lose to OSU, LSU, and FSU OOC because it pleases a niche of diehard fans who think this is the early 90s. Give me a break. Getting stomped by superior teams when everyone else is trying to set the table for winning seasons only hurts CU.

Playing CSU, two tossups, and one no-hoper every year is stupid and detrimental.

Cal also tends to follow and ABC OOC strategy. Where the "A" team is from a BCS conference, the "B" team is from FBS non-AQ conference and the "C" team is a FCS team. But not everyone does this. UCLA makes it a policy to never schedule FCS teams for example.

Winning would give us confidence which is something we've been lacking. We do this style for a few years, get some good recruiting class, and then we can branch out for a legit OOC game. Confidence is key.

Losing to Montana State doesn't help confidence. Barely beating Eastern Washington doesn't help. CSU, Toledo, close game against Wyoming, etc. **** confidence. They need to be good, not think they're good.

Losing to Montana State doesn't help confidence. Barely beating Eastern Washington doesn't help. CSU, Toledo, close game against Wyoming, etc. **** confidence. They need to be good, not think they're good.
Close game against Wyoming? 24-0 isn't close.

So two cupcakes (North Texas and Wyoming or something) and then a lowly BCS team like Indiana or Vanderbilt or something of that nature?

It's BCC or CCC scheduling for Tini. Duly noted.

Winning would give us confidence which is something we've been lacking. We do this style over the next decade, get some good recruiting class, and then we can branch out for a legit OOC game. Confidence is key.

fify

Close game against Wyoming? 24-0 isn't close.

Forgot the score in it. Either way, it felt closer than it should have been. That means it didn't build confidence. How about you respond to the whole post, not just one example?

There's merit to the "perception" argument. For casual followers of college football or our region, most people think that Kansas State is better than CU right now because they went to a bowl game last year. It helps when you've got Missouri State and North Texas on your non-conference schedule. This year, they started off with a 10-7 home win against Eastern Kentucky but I guarantee that 1-0 does more for perception than 0-2 with an asterisk saying we lost close games to pretty good teams.

I said it last night, we don't need to be locked in with LSU at this juncture.

JESUSBALLSHITDICKCLOWNCOCK, ARE YOU RETARDED? Scheduling a home and home with LSU right now has absolutely nothing to do with the current status of the two programs. The games would not be until ten years from now. Who the **** knows where these teams will be? All we do know, is we will get a home and home with a historic program and get to play at a great location.

Forgot the score in it. Either way, it felt closer than it should have been. That means it didn't build confidence. How about you respond to the whole post, not just one example?
Well we played Toledo on the road, which we should not have been doing and I didn't get a chance to watch that game. After we beat Eastern Washington we came back and beat West Virginia but then lost to FSU on the road. CSU is a yearly trap game and we did nothing in beating them after 2007 but in 2008 after beating them we went 3-1 into conference play.

There's merit to the "perception" argument. For casual followers of college football or our region, most people think that Kansas State is better than CU right now because they went to a bowl game last year. It helps when you've got Missouri State and North Texas on your non-conference schedule. This year, they started off with a 10-7 home win against Eastern Kentucky but I guarantee that 1-0 does more for perception than 0-2 with an asterisk saying we lost close games to pretty good teams.

Hawaii isn't that good and Cal isn't that good. We are 0-2 because we aren't good. Not because we scheduled too difficult of teams. Yeah, we could have chosen a couple of teams we would beat, but that doesn't make us better.

JESUSBALLSHITDICKCLOWNCOCK, ARE YOU RETARDED? Scheduling a home and home with LSU right now has absolutely nothing to do with the current status of the two programs. The games would not be until ten years from now. Who the **** knows where these teams will be? All we do know, is we will get a home and home with a historic program and get to play at a great location.
Fine. Get on their schedule in 5 years, just not now. In five years, we'll have a good idea of where we're going and where LSU is going. At this point in time, we need to be scheduling CCB.

Hawaii isn't that good and Cal isn't that good. We are 0-2 because we aren't good. Not because we scheduled too difficult of teams. Yeah, we could have chosen a couple of teams we would beat, but that doesn't make us better.
2-0 for Cal looks better than 0-2. Hawaii, well 1-1 still looks better. But hey, at least we can say we played a tough schedule! Makes it all worth it.

Tini, JRK, Jimmy and Buff04 have given Embree their votes of no confidence.

They are not willing to believe the program is going to improve without cupcake scheduling for the next ten years!

It's clear to me that Tini, JRK, Jimmy and Buff04 haven given Embree their votes of no confidence.
Yeah....no. I really don't see why people are opposed to starting conference play 3-0 but hey, let's keep a tradition that is doing nothing good for us!

2-0 for Cal looks better than 0-2. Hawaii, well 1-1 still looks better. But hey, at least we can say we played a tough schedule! Makes it all worth it.

Why do you insist on measuring 2020 with a 2011 yardstick?

Shouldn't you be venting this frustration in the Ohio State thread?

Well we played Toledo on the road, which we should not have been doing and I didn't get a chance to watch that game. After we beat Eastern Washington we came back and beat West Virginia but then lost to FSU on the road. CSU is a yearly trap game and we did nothing in beating them after 2007 but in 2008 after beating them we went 3-1 into conference play.

It being a road game is a weak excuse. And you're lucky you didn't watch that game. We didn't beat WV. They lost the game. calling CSU a trap game is a weak excuse and as you said, one year after beating them we did nothing, then another year, we did better..sounds like the result of that game has nothing to do with results in games after.

Yeah....no. I really don't see why people are opposed to starting conference play 3-0 but hey, let's keep a tradition that is doing nothing good for us!

News flash. No CU fan is opposed to starting the season 3-0.

Fine. Get on their schedule in 5 years, just not now. In five years, we'll have a good idea of where we're going and where LSU is going. At this point in time, we need to be scheduling CCB.

Why do you insist on measuring 2020 with a 2011 yardstick?

Shouldn't you be venting this frustration in the Ohio State thread?
Please read the post. K thanks.

But this thread is about playing LSU, which is impossible before 2020.

MB you bloody begging bugger!

lsu-grrrr.jpg

350x.jpg

quarter.GIF

Hottest-LSU-Girls-3.jpg

76kristincavvaleri.jpg

55triciahelfer.jpg

:nod: And that's NB, muthaka!
I'm just tired of this discussion - I think this is like the infinity squared thread we've had on this topic.:dead-horse-fast2:

Edit: and it never hurts to look at SEC coeds!

Back