What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Official Game Thread: Buffs vs. Wyoming, 7pm

What is this TV you speak of. It was no where to be found on my comcast in the bay area. Even the SD channels were showing soccer and football replays.

Next time, if you have comcast, go online to comcast.net and check the "Live TV" tab. Pac12 Mountain shows up there. Stream was not perfect but wasn't too bad.

Watching the replays, I am feeling a little better about The Mayor and Ski. Both seemed to settle into their roles a bit as the game went on. Ski started hitting some good shots, and played some lights out D. Spencer started driving and drawing contact and if he could get to the hoop he was connecting. I think this game taught the freshman some things about what Tad expects from you if you are going to play. Happy for the win, and luckily we have a slight step down in competition before we ramp back up to the 2nd half of our OOC schedule.

On the walk back to the Horse after the game, JG & I spent a good five minutes trying to come up with a positive from the game (other than "we won"). We couldn't do it. Finally on the car ride home, I realized that we shot over 70% from the FT line, so I'll take it, but that was an absolute disaster of a game. I'm definitely in CVille's camp on this ("it's early, everyone is figuring things out, we'll get the ship in the right direction") but man, that was a horrible game.

On the walk back to the Horse after the game, JG & I spent a good five minutes trying to come up with a positive from the game (other than "we won"). We couldn't do it. Finally on the car ride home, I realized that we shot over 70% from the FT line, so I'll take it, but that was an absolute disaster of a game. I'm definitely in CVille's camp on this ("it's early, everyone is figuring things out, we'll get the ship in the right direction") but man, that was a horrible game.

We also made it an ugly game for Wyo if you think about it. Our D really shined in the second half. The O is a definite work in progress though.

I think one of the biggest thing coach needs to fix is the over passing. For some reason everyone is looking for the extra pass inside the arc and it has resulted in a lot of turnovers.

We also made it an ugly game for Wyo if you think about it. Our D really shined in the second half. The O is a definite work in progress though.

I think one of the biggest thing coach needs to fix is the over passing. For some reason everyone is looking for the extra pass inside the arc and it has resulted in a lot of turnovers.
2 positives:
1) Boyle saw this coming with preseason quotes about how we are not a very good team right now - much better than spewing BS about Marques Harris being unblockable. He knows bad when he sees it and I believe he knows how to fix it.
2) We got their top 6 players into foul trouble and without watching the game, I have to believe that was the difference down the stretch. Fouling out 2 guys and 4 more with 4 fouls is solid work - and also may have led to our disjointed play.

I have no idea how good Wyoming is - I saw Baylor just barely beat South Carolina by 2 at home and South Carolina is picked roughly 10th in the SEC. We definitely are not good right now, but given Boyle's teams' penchant for starting slow, I will reserve judgment.

I've only seen the bailer game, so tifwiw. I'll be more worried if they're playing this way in late Feb/early March.

It seems like it took a while for the Mayor and Ski to meld into their roles and become productive as freshmen, so I imagine it's gonna take a while for TB to get the current crop pointed in the right direction. The next few "lighter" games should help as long as they don't overlook an opponent.

My takeaway from the game is that the new rules make basketball basically unwatchable.

This is correct and the Pac officials think they are the show. It was horrible. At the end of the game, the players on the court had 39 fouls among them and that does not count the 2 Wyoming kids that had fouled out. There were probably, I did not look it up, between 55 and 60 fouls called last night. Absolutely horrible for the game.

This is correct and the Pac officials think they are the show. It was horrible. At the end of the game, the players on the court had 39 fouls among them and that does not count the 2 Wyoming kids that had fouled out. There were probably, I did not look it up, between 55 and 60 fouls called last night. Absolutely horrible for the game.

48 PFs. They had 10 more. We were lucky to win that game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400505488

Last year I remember feeling like Roberson was way off his game and thinking too much about draft projections. He ended up settling down as the season went on and did well. It feels like Dinwiddie may be in the same position and when he relaxes and lets the game come to him he will be back on track. They have a long way to go before Kansas comes to town.
Another positive from the game is that we got a season's worth of "over and backs" out of the way.

#ITSNOVEMBER

I think a good thing is they were starting to figure it out towards the end. They got the lead, made some key shots down the stretch, drew fouls and made enough free throws to hang on against an opponent that always plays CU tough. This is a positive step forward for a program that has lost so many close games like this in the past by doing the opposite.

JG you're right about Ski and mid-range jumpers. Started to cringe when he took them in the 2nd half last night.

The reffing leaves a lot to be desired right now.

If Ski takes another shot outside of 3 seconds left in the clock from just inside the 3pt line this year, he needs to be benched for the rest of that half.

JG you're right about Ski and mid-jumpers. Started to cringe when he took them in the 2nd half last night.

i've been hard on Ski, last night was better than the Baylor game and he took a couple hard to the rack and just missed, you've got to live with that. and he didn't pull up for a jumper on the break he lead last night, so there's that.

i've been hard on Ski, last night was better than the Baylor game and he took a couple hard to the rack and just missed, you've got to live with that. and he didn't pull up for a jumper on the break he lead last night, so there's that.

Doing well on the defensive end to. So far Ski and the rest of the team are more patient than before. Making one pass too many a lot, but they're working the ball around looking for a good shot more than in the past, instead of chucking a crappy shot up.

Not only is it November, we played 2 juniors, 4 sophomores, and 5 Freshman. The youngsters are trying to figure things out and Boyle is trying to figure out the rotation, things will look much different in 2 or 3 weeks. I liked what I saw from Gordon, Scott, and X. The Mayor hasn't been on yet this season, but he got to the line enough in the 2nd half to win the game. It seems Booker may not ever become a consistent scorer, but I'll still take his defense and scoring streaks.

This is about what I expected to start the season, except Spencer hasn't played as well as we know he can.

My conclusion is we just aren't very good right now. Unless we improve (and I think we will), this team is not a tournament team. Tad's apparent frustration preseason looks well warranted now. Based on the quality of our athletes, we should have absolutely smoked Wyoming last night. I agree that Ski's mid-range jumpers hurt, but I'm hard pressed to think of a Buff that I think played well last night. Maybe Gordon.

Officiating was just awful. Basketball isn't much fun to watch when the whistle is blown every twenty seconds.

If Ski takes another shot outside of 3 seconds left in the clock from just inside the 3pt line this year, he needs to be benched for the rest of that half.

Seriously, I can't recommend sitting next to JG at a game enough. I honestly thought there were times his head was going to explode thanks to Ski. He sat there calmly, but you could feel the rage rising...

As for Ski, the maddening thing is that he will spend 5 minutes playing gorgeous defense and driving and setting up his teammates on offense that make you think he's the best player on the court. And then he'll do something so incredibly harebrained that you're in shock that Tad ever allows him to play. If we can just minimize the "Bad Ski", the kid could be the most important player on the team.

Seriously, I can't recommend sitting next to JG at a game enough. I honestly thought there were times his head was going to explode thanks to Ski. He sat there calmly, but you could feel the rage rising...

As for Ski, the maddening thing is that he will spend 5 minutes playing gorgeous defense and driving and setting up his teammates on offense that make you think he's the best player on the court. And then he'll do something so incredibly harebrained that you're in shock that Tad ever allows him to play. If we can just minimize the "Bad Ski", the kid could be the most important player on the team.

Nailed it. Ski does a lot of great stuff, too. I don't want to rip the kid too hard for those harebrained mistakes. Despite the mistakes, he still made some crucial plays last night.

Nailed it. Ski does a lot of great stuff, too. I don't want to rip the kid too hard for those harebrained mistakes. Despite the mistakes, he still made some crucial plays last night.

We don't sniff a win last night without Ski's performance.

But to Darth's point, Ski can get himself free for a 15-18 foot jump shot whenever he wants. Normally, though, it's just not a good shot. You're not going to draw a foul and it's not a very high percentage shot. Lowest efficiency shot on the court. Point being, if he's feeling it than I can live with it within the flow of the offense. But there is absolutely no reason for him to ever create that for himself unless it's an end-of-shot-clock situation.

Abs seats are too close, if I yell at Ski he'll hear me. I don't want to crush the kids confidence, actually that's not it, Ski's bigger/stronger than me, he'd undoubtedly kick my ass.

All joking aside - Ski did some great things last night. Like buffnik said, he can get the mid-range jumper whenever he wants, if it's within the offense on a swing and he's wide open, squared up and not fading away, that's one thing. I get that he'll take at least 1 jumper a game that's a pullup from 18 ft with 2 guys on him fading away (just to spite me). But if he minimizes those, takes it to the hoop and continues to play great D, he's a huge asset.

I don't know that we win the Wyoming game without Ski. What I want to see in the games leading up to Kansas is for Dustin Thomas to take 3 point shots (about 6/game) and get comfortable doing that because we need an outside threat. I believe he shot about 45% in high school.

Honestly guys when is the last time the Buffs looked good against the Cowboys. The Cowboys play Cowboy ball, its a slow, plodding, physical that makes both teams look bad.
A win against the Cowboys is pretty big.

Honestly guys when is the last time the Buffs looked good against the Cowboys. The Cowboys play Cowboy ball, its a slow, plodding, physical that makes both teams look bad.
A win against the Cowboys is pretty big.

That's kind of the blue print to beat CU IMO, especially if you don't have superior talent.

You pack it in a 2-3 zone. You play under on the perimeter ball screens, you don't crash the offensive glass to limit CU's transition opportunities and you shoot 3's until CU can close out.

Back