1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU moves up in the power rankings

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuckinFuffs, Oct 9, 2007.

1. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

2. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

Good to see we're more "powerful" than USC!

3. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

It all starts with the random rankings.

I believe I remember that CU was ranked very high in the strange New York times rankings back in the fall of '89. Look at the run we had after that. maybe this will have the same effect.

4. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

hmmm... didn't look at it real close...

but I'm with you, glad we're more 'powerful' than those overated sissy bastards in LA

5. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Mandel has been giving the Buffs props for a couple of weeks now. Last week he even noted in his ranking of both ASU and FSU that beating the Buffs was part of why he game them respect.

6. darth-horax

darth-horax Well-Known Member

What's strange is that the AP 25 has us knockin' on the door. However, the coaches poll has us closer to aroudn 30-35.

Usually, IMO, the coaches are more accurate than the AP, but I'll go with whichever one has the buffs ranked higher!

7. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

:rofl:

While I do believe that the media are very biased by region, etc, at least their job is to pay attention to college football around the country. Coaches voting? Coaches spend 18 hours a day preparing for their opponent this week & most of the rest of the time recruiting. They are in a better position to put together a weekly HS football ballot than a college one.

Additionally they have a conflict of interest. It is in Dennis Ericson's best interest to vote for the Buffs because he beat them and wants to make his team look better.

8. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I just think that it's great that in the top 25 power rankings of all teams across the country, there are 2 B12 south teams, and 4 B12 north teams. Although the two south teams are ranked higher, even though both have been beat by a north team.

But the best part of having 4 of the 6 north teams ranked---none of them are from ****braska!!!:smile2:

9. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

We're in the Ap top 25 if we beat KSU. We're in pretty much all top 25's if we beat KSU and KU.

10. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

That would be quite an accomplishment after last season.