1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU must hire Kirby Smart at the end of the season! Need top coaching talent.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffwings, Sep 1, 2012.

1. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

[h=1]Alabama Football: Why 2012 Will Be Kirby Smart's Last Year with the Crimson Tide[/h]

[h=3]By Sanjay Kirpalani
    (Featured Columnist)
    on May 20, 2012[/h]
    7,351 reads
    21 [​IMG]

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
    [​IMG]
    Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart is one of the top assistants in the nation, and its only a matter of time before he leaves Tuscaloosa for a head coaching position.
    Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

Nick Saban’s best recruiting job this offseason may have been his ability to keep coveted defensive coordinator Kirby Smart on his staff for another season.
    One of the more overlooked aspects of Alabama’s recent dominance over college football has been the ability of Saban’s coaching staff to stay intact—for the most part.
    Offensive coordinator Jim McElwain left to take the head-coaching job at Colorado State, while linebackers coach Sal Sunseri—father of Alabama safety Vinnie Sunseri—bolted to take over the defensive coordinator position at Tennessee.
    However, most Alabama fans rejoiced that Sunseri was the only loss on the defensive side of the ball—and more importantly, that despite heavy interest from other schools, Smart rejected overtures to remain on the sidelines in Tuscaloosa this fall.
    But could the 2012 season be his last as a member of the Alabama coaching staff?
    Seemingly every offseason, the coaching carousel churns at a faster pace—and by the end of the upcoming season, Smart will be the most in-demand assistant coach (if he’s not already) in the country.
    from: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-kirby-smarts-last-year-with-the-crimson-tide

This is the way to go for CU's future. I'm starting the Kirby Smart for HC bandwagon!

2. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Love to see it. Never gonna happen.

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Would love to see him here but I don't think Embree will be gone after this year

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

We could go 0-12 and Embree wouldn't be gone.

5. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

this is a f ucking stupid thread !!!

Embree is only 14 games into being a head coach and is going NO WHERE !! deal with it support the Buffs

6. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Probably true, unfortunately.

7. buffwings

Hence this school's lack of commitment to athletics. Need to put the new PAC12 money to good use. Needs to happen sooner rather than later.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Only way that happens is by cleaning house, and I'm not talking just the coaches. Even if Embree was removed, this admin would have us hire the first female coach in college football.

9. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Kansas fired Gill after 2 seasons. Paid him 6mil to go away. Good to see our fans have lower expectations than little ole Kansas. Worst BCS program is what we have and what we deserve.

10. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

Our admin would have to give a **** about football in order to get Smart, which means we have no chance

11. InTheBuff

that's not typical -

deal with Embree because he's going nowhere for at least 2 more years .. probably 3

12. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

I'd rather have someone proven to be capable of coaching a team capable of putting up more than 20 points a game. Mark me down for Petrino...baggage and all.

13. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Sure change your coach in year 2 of the rebuilding process. You sure are bright.

InTheBuff likes this.
  14. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Thought your bitch ass was leaving so leave mother****er

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Embree has three years because the buyout is small after year three. He better start showing something.

16. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Oklahoma fired Schnellenberger after 1 year. Memphis fired their head coach last fall, after 2 seasons. Akron did the same. New Mexico fired their coach after 3 years.

Certainly it's not "normal" to fire a coach after only 2 years - but even after 2 years there needs to be something to show that progress is being made. If CU wins 3 or less games this year - is that a sign of progress?

Embree is in a good position. #1 he's an alum. #2 he's dirt cheap. #3 he's got nowhere to go but UP at this point.

17. buffwings

I know it prob wont happen this year, but Smart is going to get hired by someone at the end of this season. CU needs to hire him or be stuck in mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Like I said the whole CU system need a leadership enema. Need new leadership the clearly sees that athletic success brings in as much if not more money in some cases than academics alone.

18. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

CU owes Embree $500,000 if he is fired in 2012; $250,000 if fired in 2013; and nothing if he is fired in 2014 or 2015.

19. buffwings

CU can afford that now. Hire Smart and he saves and instantly improves the recruiting class.

Lt.Col.FrankSlade likes this.
  20. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Sadly, you can exchange "Embree" with "Paul Wulff". I hope I'm wrong...

21. NuggNinja

NuggNinja New Member

Except that if they want to fire Embree, they have to fire Bohn as well.

You can't have an AD that can't pick football coaches.

22. buffwings

Of course! That goes without saying.

23. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

It would have been amazing if there were internet message boards around when Coach Mac won ONE game his THIRD year. Those responses must have been incredible.

Let me be clear: I am in no way saying Embree will become the next Coach Mac.

24. DrunkRalphie

Boy, aside from Oklahoma those are some big time college programs that have an illustrious history of winning.

25. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Do you not think the criticism is deserved?

26. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

I could throw out some coaches who got fired at Notre Dame, Alabama, and Pitt after less than a year - but they weren't fired for their poor on the field showings....

27. DrunkRalphie

Certainly. I never said there wasn't. I never expected things to be turned around in two seasons, my expectations from the beginning were three and maybe four. College football isn't like the NFL where teams can go from bad to good in a season or two. There is no parity, no reward for finishing last. Add in the fact that CU doesn't have the money or the facilities that the SEC and other schools have and now you're attempting to turn things around with one arm behind your back. It's going to be a long, hard road for CU. Is Embree going to be the man to do it? I have no idea. If it ever does happen though, it's going to take more than 14 games.

28. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

You assume that Bohn was the one who picked Embree....

29. DrunkRalphie

So, examples that aren't relevant.

30. InTheBuff

In yr 2 at Alabama, Nick Saban lost to University of Louisiana Monroe, 21-14.

NOT AT ALL COMPARING EMBREE TO SABAN....

just saying we are going to have to sac up & support the team for the next two years and where we are cause he's going nowhere-