1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU National Champs

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by Walter White, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Walter White

Walter White Member

2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You're dumb.

4. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Mods, please move. Cool that XC won NC, very cool. But this is a football forum. Now if you wanted to suggest there could be a few athletes who we should recruit for football, than we could talk :)

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

You'd rather have a national title in a sport few care about (sorry but it's true) compared to a national title in a sport that millions of people nationwide tune in every Saturday to watch? Please explain...

6. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

In defense of Walter White, cross country has to be the purest, most elemental sport sanctioned by the NCAA. It's just chicks and dudes running outside in shoes, shorts, and singlets--you don't even need a track. It's season is the Fall, when every university in the country, except maybe some in Alaska can train outside. Except for recruiting, money makes little difference in CC--Texas or Oregon can't build a better hill for repeats than naturally exists almost everywhere in the country. To me, this makes CC the most competitive NCAA sport because money confers almost no advantage. Of course, CU gets a benefit from training at altitude, but no more than many other schools in the Mountain States (how many CC titles does Wyoming have? Western State (or whatever the **** they're calling it now)?)

Winning a NC in a sport with such insignificant barriers to entry means a lot.

7. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I think the big issue was Walter adding another congrats in the football forum and then saying he would rather have a XC title than a football title.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Bingo!

I'm glad that WW is a huge fan of XC. Hope to see more posts from him in this forum next season.

9. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

With this NC and last year's Skiing NC, are we leading the PAC in National titles since joining the conference? I tried to google this but unfortunately the wiki page does not cover all sports.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Not even close, I think.

We're representing, but there are some sports like Water Polo where you see the Top 5 in the country are all Pac-12 teams.

11. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

I am just referencing the period from 2011-present. I know the Pac is pretty dominant in the traditional Olympic sports, so I was interested to see a NC count from 2011-present.

12. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Arizona-1
    USC-5
    Stanford-3
    Cal-2
    Oregon-3
    UCLA-2

Buffs-2

I could have counted wrong, but I believe this is right

Gary Indiana and J.R. Ewing like this.