What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU opens up as...

Mac said they're better than ArkState, but we will see. I think it's more likely we lose than cover the spread though.
Other than their record (which is something you can't take at face value), please post something that supports this (actual facts). Not calling MM stupid or anything, but he can't be saying that CSU is worse than CAU.

Other than their record (which is something you can't take at face value), please post something that supports this (actual facts). Not calling MM stupid or anything, but he can't be saying that CSU is worse than CAU.
Their ranking.

The only fact I have is a statement from Mac during an interview. I'm sure you're right the stats show they aren't as good as their record shows.

The only fact I have is a statement from Mac during an interview. I'm sure you're right the stats show they aren't as good as their record shows.

More of they've played a exceptionally bad schedule and haven't been blowing any of them out and have struggled against two d2 teams.

Sent from a red light

False...

CAU is ranked #20
CSU is ranked #24

Sent from a red light
huh, thought that was switched for some reason.

That said, not sure where you are getting your opinion that CAU is way better than CSU.

M2 has been on the recieving end of some mercy calls from other coaches keeping us from having some huge margins of loss. Oregon could have beaten us by close to triple digits had they wanted, Oregon State clearly took the foot off the gas, ASU put their offense into neutral for the second half to keep us from being embarrassed. We have some upcoming games where we are likely to be in the same situation. M2 may wish this were not the case but knows that it is where we are at right now.

As much as he would like to use this game as a confidence builder I can also see M2 making sure that we don't put an embarassment of another team on tape for future opponents to see. With the team we have there is no guarantee that we can dominate anyone but if it looks things are getting out of hand I can see M2 doing anything short of turning off the scoreboard to keep from embarassing CSU.

M2 has been on the recieving end of some mercy calls from other coaches keeping us from having some huge margins of loss. Oregon could have beaten us by close to triple digits had they wanted, Oregon State clearly took the foot off the gas, ASU put their offense into neutral for the second half to keep us from being embarrassed. We have some upcoming games where we are likely to be in the same situation. M2 may wish this were not the case but knows that it is where we are at right now.

As much as he would like to use this game as a confidence builder I can also see M2 making sure that we don't put an embarassment of another team on tape for future opponents to see. With the team we have there is no guarantee that we can dominate anyone but if it looks things are getting out of hand I can see M2 doing anything short of turning off the scoreboard to keep from embarassing CSU.
Understand what you are saying, but I really think this might be kinda close. Not sure we have to worry about it getting out of hand. CU needs to really work on some things this game. Use the opportunity to teach the OL to sustain their blocks till whistle blows, running backs to hit their lane or hole timely, Sefo to work the pocket and practice those quick 2 and 3 second releases, DB's work on attacking the ball, and we all know about the coverage and return games. FOCUS on details should be the saying this week.

I think we win fairly comfy, by 17 or so .... but if I had to choose which was more likely between A) we lose or B) we embarass them, I'd choose A.

Don't really see this getting so out of control that we need to go into neutral to prevent us from winning 91-6. No one is going to fault CU for winning a game like 45-17 if the Buffs prove capable of doing so.

I think we have marginal talent at key positions, are young at many positions, have a first time starter at the most important position, are mentally fragile, are coming off of 3 poundings, and have a new coaching staff.

I think we are at home, we have a huge size advantage, we have a depth and overall talent advantage vs. this particular opponent, and we have some confidence in that we have actually beaten two similarly "talented" teams.

We might win by 25 or we might lose by 25. That is the reality of the state of this program.

Back