What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU outgained ****braska buy nearly 200yds,,,

Yes CU did get Nebraska's D for 400 yards of total offense. What was NU's average starting field position on CU? Something like the 50 yard line. Hard to put up many yards when starting consistently from that short of a field. On the day NU only passed the ball 14 times, and only rushed the ball 12 more times than CU. CU passed the ball 44 times. Stats:

http://www.bighuskerfan.com/smf/2009stats/colorado.pdf

I hate the statement "should have one". It is a huge pet peeve of mine--it drives me ****ing nuts. There's a system in place to deternmine who should have won. It's the score.

Barring some extraordinary injustice (which was absent in yesterday's contest) there is no "should" have won, in my opinion.

No, CU should not have won, yesterday. The score proves that.

CU could have won. And I agree with Leash that special teams and bad coaching (emerging in the form of poor discipline) lost this game for us. but there's no "should" about it.

I guess I sort of agree and disagree with you. I think it's okay to look at a game and say well we should have won that, something in particular screwed us and then we blew it. I also think it shouldn't be rewarded in any way for "almost" winning. At the end of the day you win because you have more points than the other team. Moral victories are not something I like to talk about.

Colorado outplayed Nebraska and really should have won, bad special teams play and bad coaching is what lost it.

You act like special teams is just some minor tangible. Special teams is HUGE, we all know that. It's apart of the game.

NU outplayed us, period. They were up 14-0, then 14-7, 21-7, 21-14, 28-14.

We never threatened to WIN the game. We needed a hail mary as time expired to pull within one score.

We were outplayed and outcoached. Unfortunately, we all knew we'd be outcoached.

I guess I sort of agree and disagree with you. I think it's okay to look at a game and say well we should have won that, something in particular screwed us and then we blew it. I also think it shouldn't be rewarded in any way for "almost" winning. At the end of the day you win because you have more points than the other team. Moral victories are not something I like to talk about.

Maybe it's semantics, but what you describe in the bolded section is a "could". Yes, if those things went right (they didn't) it would have put us in a position to win the game.

To me "should" says that we won the game, except somehow the score was wrong. Yesterday's score accurately reflected the happenings in the game.

For instance, in 2008, we "should" have gone to overtime in Ames.

But yesterday we should have loss and did. We could have won, but didn't.

you act like special teams is just some minor tangible. Special teams is huge, we all know that. It's apart of the game.

Nu outplayed us, period. They were up 14-0, then 14-7, 21-7, 21-14, 28-14.

We never threatened to win the game. We needed a hail mary as time expired to beat the spread. **** yeah!.

we were outplayed and outcoached. Unfortunately, we all knew we'd be outcoached.

fify

Yes CU did get Nebraska's D for 400 yards of total offense. What was NU's average starting field position on CU? Something like the 50 yard line. Hard to put up many yards when starting consistently from that short of a field. On the day NU only passed the ball 14 times, and only rushed the ball 12 more times than CU. CU passed the ball 44 times. Stats:

Believe you averaged 2 yards per carry in the first half.

If Nebraska's average starting field position was the 50 yard line, then why did NU only manage 14 offensive points? That doesn't exactly scream potent offense.

Maybe it's semantics, but what you describe in the bolded section is a "could". Yes, if those things went right (they didn't) it would have put us in a position to win the game.

To me "should" says that we won the game, except somehow the score was wrong. Yesterday's score accurately reflected the happenings in the game.

For instance, in 2008, we "should" have gone to overtime in Ames.

But yesterday we should have loss and did. We could have won, but didn't.

fair enough, I figure could and should are pretty much the same. I guess I just consider we could win just about any game that is within one score in the 4th quarter. Sometimes a 3rd string QB lights up your cover zero defense and you lose. I consider that game a should win because we led for most of the game, won the turnover battle, and even stopped them cold on 4th and short numerous times. Vs NU, there weren't many times I felt we were overly close to being ahead in that game. When we closed the gap to 21-14 it could have gone to the point that we could win the game, but we gave up a time consuming long drive that put us two TDs back. We were also down in the turnover battle and had awful field position for most of the game. Either way, we can agree that could and should wins don't count at all. Hawk can talk about them all he wants, but should and could wins are always losses and that's not acceptable.

I can't see how we should have won the game when we didn't lead it ever. We should have won vs OSU, but I don't think this game was nearly the same as that one.
I never said should, Im just saying it was there for the taking. It didnt happen. When I said thank your lucky stars in another thread, didnt have nothing to do with luck. There are no excuses, that is exactly my point. When its there and you dont take it, that tells you exactly where you are as a football team. This team does everything to lose games and not much to win them, eventhough they get close. Close dont matter. Some things in football never change. I guarantee all of you, we continue to lack in the areas we have, nothing will get better. The strategy and schemes in football have changed, not the game.

Also, NU's average starting offensive position was their own 35 yard line.

NU started on their own 47 yard line and own 46 yard line in the fist half and managed 1 total yard on those two drives and 0 points.

In fact, NU only had 2 drives greater than 20 yards yesterday (80 and 56 yard TD drives).

CU had drives of 24, 67, 59, 49, 30, 51 and 80, but missed two field goals and threw 2 interceptions to end those drives without points.

Would you say Iowa State had a better offense against you guys this year? Or did Nebraska just shoot themselves in the foot every time they got in scoring position?

Last edited:
Also, NU's average starting offensive position was their own 35 yard line.

NU started on their own 47 yard line and own 46 yard line in the fist half and managed 1 total yard on those two drives and 0 points.

In fact, NU only had 2 drives greater than 20 yards yesterday (80 and 56 yard TD drives).

CU had drives of 24, 67, 59, 49, 30, 51 and 80, but missed two field goals and threw 2 interceptions to end those drives short.

Woohoo!!!! We had more drives of over 20 yards than Nebraska! We win! :thumbsup:

Again, NU went up 14-0, and we never got closer than being down by 7. And when we did close it to 7, NU answered every time and put the lead back up to 14.

Woohoo!!!! We had more drives of over 20 yards than Nebraska! We win! :thumbsup:

Again, NU went up 14-0, and we never got closer than being down by 7. And when we did close it to 7, NU answered every time and put the lead back up to 14.

Yes, that was my point. :rolleyes:

I was responding to the Husker claiming field position was the reason for CU outgaining NU.

A pussy like game plan? Look on your own sideline.

Someone is bitter that their top 10 defense just got torched for 400 yards and recorded 0 sacks against a 3-9 team.

Not to be picky, but I think we got at least 1 sack and Suh recorded that one? You could tell our defense just wasn't there mentally, they didn't play that well. Your defense came ready to play and the Buffs will miss Brown #29 next season, dudes a beast for a little guy!

Not to be picky, but I think we got at least 1 sack and Suh recorded that one? You could tell our defense just wasn't there mentally, they didn't play that well. Your defense came ready to play and the Buffs will miss Brown #29 next season, dudes a beast for a little guy!

Suh was credited a sack on the intentional grounding call. It wasn't a sack.

I hate the statement "should have one". It is a huge pet peeve of mine--it drives me ****ing nuts. There's a system in place to deternmine who should have won. It's the score.

Barring some extraordinary injustice (which was absent in yesterday's contest) there is no "should" have won, in my opinion.

No, CU should not have won, yesterday. The score proves that.

CU could have won. And I agree with Leash that special teams and bad coaching (emerging in the form of poor discipline) lost this game for us. but there's no "should" about it.

And I hate when people confuse the words one and won. It's as if they think that because they sound the same, they are interchangeable. Quirky.... :cool:

I was responding to the Husker claiming field position was the reason for CU outgaining NU.

I imagine gaining 150 yards in the final 2 drives when the game was iced had a big part in it. Minus those two meaningless drives (especially the last one that included our hail mary), I think total yards was close.

When it comes down to it, I could care less. I don't care if we get outgained by 300, I just want a CU win.

I imagine gaining 150 yards in the final 2 drives when the game was iced had a big part in it. Minus those two meaningless drives (especially the last one that included our hail mary), I think total yards was close.

When it comes down to it, I could care less. I don't care if we get outgained by 300, I just want a CU win.

Yep, I've said it before, I'll take ****ty wins over pretty losses anyday of the week.

Total yards by quarter:

First:

UNL 38
CU 22

Second:

UNL 51
CU 112

Third:

UNL 41
CU 108

Fourth:

UNL 88
CU 161

So, no, it wasn't all garbage time in the fourth quarter... :huh:

But I agree. All that counts is getting the win... :sad1:

Total yards by quarter:

First:

UNL 38
CU 22

Second:

UNL 51
CU 112

Third:

UNL 41
CU 108

Fourth:

UNL 88
CU 161

So, no, it wasn't all garbage time in the fourth quarter... :huh:

But I agree. All that counts is getting the win... :sad1:

A little added perspective...I think you guys had 2 of 3 more possessions than us due to the Return and the Int. Not that we were gaining it in chunks but it does add up. Watson got wayyyy conservative as well.

All in all, it was a fairly even game and great weather. Had great seats in Section 106, 14 rows up.

A little added perspective...I think you guys had 2 of 3 more possessions than us due to the Return and the Int. Not that we were gaining it in chunks but it does add up. Watson got wayyyy conservative as well.

All in all, it was a fairly even game and great weather. Had great seats in Section 106, 14 rows up.

Glad you enjoyed your time here. I saw some jackass husker fans that thought they owned the place, but I saw some good ones too.

Glad you enjoyed your time here. I saw some jackass husker fans that thought they owned the place, but I saw some good ones too.

The guys sitting in my section were good guys. Knew their football and weren't seeing all of life through red-tinted glasses.

They did own the place....get used to it.

I know and it really pissed me off. My dad was furious about it, he said, "When I was president of the buff club we worked so hard to get the red out, and now it's back!"

The guys sitting in my section were good guys. Knew their football and weren't seeing all of life through red-tinted glasses.

Saw some jackasses yelling at us, "We're gonna kick your ass...yadda yadda yadda." Before the game. Every fan base has good and bad fans.

I know and it really pissed me off. My dad was furious about it, he said, "When I was president of the buff club we worked so hard to get the red out, and now it's back!"

It wouldn't surprise me if 10-12 thousand husker fans were in Folsom. That's a $600k subsidy from our friends from the NE. Just 5 more NU games like that one and the Huskers could generate enough cashflow to buy out our coach's contract.

It wouldn't surprise me if 10-12 thousand husker fans were in Folsom. That's a $600k subsidy from our friends from the NE. Just 5 more NU games like that one and the Huskers could generate enough cashflow to buy out our coach's contract.
your welcome.

Back