1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU preview: Depth needed from frosh tailbacks

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Tatonka, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

2. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

3. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Cordary Clark run with the rock - we have waaay too many of these small scatbacks, we will need to change the pace with some bigger guys

4. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd really like to see Cordary step up in his frosh season, at 225-230 lbs he is by FAR the biggest guy in the backfield on our roster. Unless Webb or Ahles proves to be really good at short yardage/goal-line FB duties; Cordary could be the most valuable true freshman on our team.

All of our other backs are all really good "in space" but when the field shrinks and down/distance dictates some power running, we are really lacking there.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

it was after i left, but sounds like Torres had some tough yards. i heard one of the coaches call Tony Jones name on KO return team....and Trea Jones kinda had the dropsies catching balls from Hanson before they went live action.