What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Pro Day Thread

TClem with a monster day. His size and speed are going to have many teams invite him for workouts. I see him going by round 4.

Only Miller and Clemons have a reasonable shot at being drafted. Both of them have the measurables that NFL scouts seem to love. I think Miller is a 4th or 5th round pick. Clemons is intriguing. The numbers he is putting will get some notice...he also made some really nice catches during the season. I can see him anywhere from round 4 to 7.

If we could have had 2011 2nd half/pro day Clemmons for all of 2010 and the first half of 2011, we might have won a few more games. The guy has really stepped up. Great to see. I don't know who lit a fire under him, but it worked. The guy will be playing on Sundays. :congrats:

The development of Clemons this year gives me great hope that this years WR group and the group coming in will be effective and help the run game a lot.

If we could have had 2011 2nd half/pro day Clemmons for all of 2010 and the first half of 2011, we might have won a few more games. The guy has really stepped up. Great to see. I don't know who lit a fire under him, but it worked. The guy will be playing on Sundays. :congrats:

Embo, EB and Kennedy.... those 3 guys will light a fire under anyone.

Clemons hands are going to hold him back. He had stone hands until the 2nd half of his Sr. season. Physically he is similar to Floyd from Notre Dame. It really goes to show you how much catching the ball and running proper routes is worth as a WR.

Floyd is a first round pick
Clemons is a 6th or 7th.

Yet they are very similar in physical ability.

Clemons hands are going to hold him back. He had stone hands until the 2nd half of his Sr. season. Physically he is similar to Floyd from Notre Dame. It really goes to show you how much catching the ball and running proper routes is worth as a WR.

Floyd is a first round pick
Clemons is a 6th or 7th.

Yet they are very similar in physical ability.

Americans place too much emphasis on physical ability. There are a TON of guys that can dunk the ball, but would never get a whiff from the NBA. This is epitomized by the fact that we even have a combine to find the best "raw" athletes. I don't know of any other sport on the planet that rates athleticism as high as the NFL.

Jerry Rice never had the measureables of someone like Randy Moss. Had Moss had the work ethic of Rice he'd be the GOAT and those stats would be so much higher than Rice's. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Clemmons had 4 years to prove that he could run good routes, ability to go on a hot route, run block and all of the other things WRs need to do. Even with a marginal QB he still could have been a star. I'm glad it kicked in for him, but wish it would have done so sooner.

Jerry Rice never had the measureables of someone like Randy Moss. Had Moss had the work ethic of Rice he'd be the GOAT and those stats would be so much higher than Rice's. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Ya know, Jerry Rice also had the greatest quarterback of all time throwing him the football. That helps a bit.

And Moss had Brady, but besides that one year they had, at the end his stats weren't great. Rice was Montana's go to guy because he trusted him. Brady's trust was in other WRs and I don't blame Brady for that.

Randy Moss is not the best example to use though. His worth ethic sucks, but it was precisely because of his freakish athleticism that he will end up in Canton one day.

Back