What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU ralphie Items to be banned???

Amen to that brutha...what college has the same logo for both the academic and athletic logo?

The ivory tower is alive and well at CU....I roundly criticized the silly $800,000 rebranding campaign back when it was announced. Now they are trying to get rid of Ralphie as the dominant logo? The utter stupidity continues...

CU has, hands down, the most recognizable mascot around. But instead of leveraging that for all it's worth, some egghead decides it is better to swim upstream and use letters for the logo. Wow, like nobody else has letters or initials to use to represent their university.

Still, effing, STUPID. Athletic department is the best goddamn advertising the university has, and the University wants to distance itself from that. RETARDS.

This ranks right up there with some of the dumbest things I've ever seen. It took nearly $800,000 for someone to come up with an interlocking logo that's been used for years and years. It was on our helmets in the '70s for cryin' out loud. The interlocking CU has been wrapped by the Ralphie the Buffalo for many years and is probably the best advertisement for the university that exists. Now some goofballs at the university are declaring that the Ralphie logo can only be used for competition. Someone in this thread got it right. Even Forrest Gump knew better, "Stupid is as stupid does." Incredible!
CU Football SI cover 51U1hx9ya1L__SS500_.jpg

Last edited:

This branding issue is symbolic of CU's shifting center of gravity away from Boulder and away from athletics.

When I hear CU, it means Boulder. It means football. It means Ralphie.

But that is not how Bruce Benson and the regents see it.

There is CU-Colorado Springs. And CU-Denver. And CU-Anshutz Medical Center. CU dropped about $700M in Aurora to build a teaching hospital. Over a billion has been spent by CU outside of Boulder over the past decade in persuit of more research dollars.

Does Ralphie represent CU-CS? No. CU-CS has it's own mascot. Meet Boomer the Mountain Lion.
a69348a0-2e35-db2d.jpg

CU-D and Med are seeking to name a mascot. (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/02/cu_denver_mascot_countdown.phpMinter, anyone?) Our CU bretheren to the south don't claim Ralphie. The Buffalo is officially a source of pride on the Boulder campus and among CUB alum and athletic boosters.

CU-Boulder no longer equals CU.
The Buffalo does not mean what you think it means.

This branding issue is symbolic of CU's shifting center of gravity away from Boulder and away from athletics.

When I hear CU, it means Boulder. It means football. It means Ralphie.

But that is not how Bruce Benson and the regents see it.

There is CU-Colorado Springs. And CU-Denver. And CU-Anshutz Medical Center. CU dropped about $700M in Aurora to build a teaching hospital. Over a billion has been spent by CU outside of Boulder over the past decade in persuit of more research dollars.

Does Ralphie represent CU-CS? No. CU-CS has it's own mascot. Meet Boomer the Mountain Lion.
a69348a0-2e35-db2d.jpg

CU-D and Med are seeking to name a mascot. (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/02/cu_denver_mascot_countdown.phpMinter, anyone?) Our CU bretheren to the south don't claim Ralphie. The Buffalo is officially a source of pride on the Boulder campus and among CUB alum and athletic boosters.

CU-Boulder no longer equals CU.
The Buffalo does not mean what you think it means.

boomer is a bitch... get rowdy :lol:
Dancing-troll-guy.gif

The climax of the University of Colorado commercial they had air for every football game this season was a thundering slow-mo of Ralphie running. But yeah, that's not essential to the brand of the university.

System-wide view or not, the flagship campus is very important in a university's branding. Why are we constantly striving to water down a good thing we have going?

the climax of the university of colorado commercial they had air for every football game this season was a thundering slow-mo of ralphie running. But yeah, that's not essential to the brand of the university.

System-wide view or not, the flagship campus is very important in a university's branding. Why are we constantly striving to water down a good thing we have going?

this

I do like the fact that according to the affidavit only 20 guys on the team could pass the test LMFAO

:rofl:

Amazing, everyone on that team smokes bud, and they can still manage to play good football.

Incredible. Who would have thunk it?

Yes, the University of Colorado has several campuses without athletics, and the CU-CS has athletic teams and the Mountain Lion. (Known that for years, Colorado Springs is hometown.) But the Ralphie logo gives the entire university system its best advertisement. Having workers at the Boulder campus told they can't have Ralphie on the uniforms is silly. It's the Boulder campus! The worst thing was spending $800,000 to come up with an interlocking CU. The interlocking CU has been around for years as I showed on the old football helmets. It wouldn't have cost them a nickel to come up with the old logo. It's plain snobbery and a horrible waste of money.

It amazes me how CU works so hard to screw things up!!! It is more disappointing than anything. Kind of reminds me of when Coke decided to change the formula...another brilliant idea.

I was talking with a friend of mine at work yesterday (Auburn grad) about this yesterday and I asked him what was the first thing that came to his mind when I talked about being a CU grad.

He said, "Ralphie charging out at the football games and that bad ass logo on the helmets." 'Nuff said.

I was talking with a friend of mine at work yesterday (Auburn grad) about this yesterday and I asked him what was the first thing that came to his mind when I talked about being a CU grad.

He said, "Ralphie charging out at the football games and that bad ass logo on the helmets." 'Nuff said.

I love our helmets

Good leadership unifies. It's all tied together, academics, athletics, janitorial services--every employee, every student, every fan and supporter. Let's unify our efforts, our support and our brand.

These divisive policies reflect poor leadership. We're all on the same team!

I got the survey from Anschutz asking what mascot I prefer. I responded, "I graduated from Pharmacy School in Boulder and Ralphie is my mascot and he always will be".

Back