What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Regents Meeting to Discuss Move to Pac X

Playoff?!!?

So four teams play 2 extra games (14 game season), and two teams play 3 extra games (15 game season)

Conference Semi-final ----> Conference final ----> BCS game

Yep, which is why ultimately I think this, if implemented, will cause the demise of the NCAA. The NCAA will have a choice, either allow the playoff, or not. Remember that just about every conference is going to end up with 16 teams when it's all said and done. If the NCAA says no to the conference playoff, the conferences themselves will tell the NCAA to stick it in it's ear. The NCAA won't have any real authority anymore. It will all rest in the hands of the conferences.

Playoff?!!?

So four teams play 2 extra games (14 game season), and two teams play 3 extra games (15 game season)

Conference Semi-final ----> Conference final ----> BCS game

No. 2 teams play 1 extra game, 2 teams plays 2 extra games. Somebody is already going to a BCS game, so that's not "extra". And for the schools with a CCG, two teams are already playing 1 extra game. You're basically adding two football games to the conference season. I think that can be done without endangering the future of mankind.

No. 4 teams play 1 extra game, 2 team plays 2 extra games. Somebody is already going to a BCS game, so that's not "extra". And for the schools with a CCG, two teams are already playing 1 extra game. You're basically adding two football games to the conference season. I think that can be done without endangering the future of mankind.

But it will require the approval of the NCAA. That's where things get interesting.

Really, really hope that a non-conditional invitation to join the Pac is in hand and can be acted upon. That is all I am interested in hearing at this point.

Really, really hope that a non-conditional invitation to join the Pac is in hand and can be acted upon. That is all I am interested in hearing at this point.

Exactly! I would love for Bohn to come out 2 minutes after the regent meeting and annouce CU has accepted the PAC10 offer, and will be joining the conference for the 2011-12 season.

No. 2 teams play 1 extra game, 2 teams plays 2 extra games. Somebody is already going to a BCS game, so that's not "extra". And for the schools with a CCG, two teams are already playing 1 extra game. You're basically adding two football games to the conference season. I think that can be done without endangering the future of mankind.

Hmm..

Every team plays a 12 team schedule, whether they win them all, or lose them all.

If there are 4 pods, each of the "winners" of the pods will play in a 4-team semi-final (game #1). The two winners of the semi-final games will then play for the conference championship (game #2). The winner of the conference championship will go on to play in a BCS game (game #3).

Presumably, those teams that won the various "pods", but did not win their semi-final, and did not win the conference championship game, will also be invited to bowl games. (I don't care what anybody says, I don't think there is any way they are going to get rid of the Bowl System. Too much money there, even if they do eventually relent and have a 4-team playoff with each of the super conference champions.)

So the four teams who play in the conference playoffs would all play at LEAST two more games (playoff game + bowl game) while a couple teams would play three more games (playoff round 1 + conference championship + bowl game/BCS game).

That makes for a 15 game season for a couple teams from the conference, every year.

Splitting up TV revenues from that will be interesting.

Fellas,

How long do you think this meeting will last? I have an event tonight but after that event, I'll be lighting up my iPhone on m.buffzone.com!

Fellas,

How long do you think this meeting will last? I have an event tonight but after that event, I'll be lighting up my iPhone on m.buffzone.com!

hopefully 5 minutes, but id also like to know if we can realistically expect to hear results of this meeting tonight

hopefully 5 minutes, but id also like to know if we can realistically expect to hear results of this meeting tonight

Probably not.

Executive session meetings are entirely closed from the public.

This is how it will happen:

Chairman: Call this special meeting of June 8, 2010 to Order. The secretary will take the roll.

(Roll is taken)

Regent: I move that we convene in executive session with our attorneys to discuss legal matters.

Chairman: A motion has been made that we convene in executive session to discuss legal matters. Is there a second?

Regent: Second.

Chairman: All in favor of convening executive session to discuss legal matters?

Regents: Aye.

Chairman: The Regents will now convene with their attorneys to discuss legal matters.

(Regents leave the room, go into another room, where attorneys, Mike Bohn, Dan Hawkins, etc. are waiting. Discuss what is going on. Discuss what PAC-10 is proposing. Regents decide to take action. All official "actions" (i.e. votes) must take place in public. So they will now come OUT of executive session)

Chairman: The Regents have now returned to council chambers.

Regent: I move that we end executive session.

(Second, Aye, etc.)

Regent: I move that we authorize the University's attorneys and athletic directors to follow through on the matters which were discussed in executive session.

(Second, Aye, etc.)

I would be VERY surprised if there is any DIRECT information coming out of tonight's meeting.

I hear they will be meeting in the "Cone of Silence"

cone-of-silence.jpg

You say that as if its a bad thing... :lol:

Actually you make a good point - there's not much to be gained by being there tonight. Flooding their e-mail boxes with respectful, well thought out messages prior to the meeting?? That might be a different story.

Their addresses can be found here.

Hmmm... Apparently Regent Steve Ludwig is on vacation until June 14.

Hmm..

Every team plays a 12 team schedule, whether they win them all, or lose them all.

If there are 4 pods, each of the "winners" of the pods will play in a 4-team semi-final (game #1). The two winners of the semi-final games will then play for the conference championship (game #2). The winner of the conference championship will go on to play in a BCS game (game #3).

Presumably, those teams that won the various "pods", but did not win their semi-final, and did not win the conference championship game, will also be invited to bowl games. (I don't care what anybody says, I don't think there is any way they are going to get rid of the Bowl System. Too much money there, even if they do eventually relent and have a 4-team playoff with each of the super conference champions.)

So the four teams who play in the conference playoffs would all play at LEAST two more games (playoff game + bowl game) while a couple teams would play three more games (playoff round 1 + conference championship + bowl game/BCS game).

That makes for a 15 game season for a couple teams from the conference, every year.

Splitting up TV revenues from that will be interesting.

The bowl games and the BCS game already exist. They aren't "extra" to the pod format. Neither is the CCG, really, since they seem dead set on doing that whether in pods or divisions. Doing a playoff with the winners of the 4 pods requires 2 extra games. That's all. Right now the champion of the Big XII CCG plays a 14 game season. I don't recall any drastic consequences, and doubt there would be any if they played one more game.

Well, make your way over to 1800 Grant at 5 p.m. and let your opinions be heard...

i live a block away from there, whos with me, bcs?

Ok, so which one of you is going to 1800, Astronauts Conference Room?

SCOOP ---- I WAS THERE.
Yep, I work downtown and at 5:01 p.m. I drove past. Here's the deal. No regents were visible but Channel 4 had an suv parked across the street.
Nobody in it, so they were obviously inside trying to get a comment when the doors open back up.

Exactly! I would love for Bohn to come out 2 minutes after the regent meeting and annouce CU has accepted the PAC10 offer, and will be joining the conference for the 2011-12 season.

Well, Channel 4 just finished their early newscast at 5:30 with the teaser that they expect a comment from Mike Bohn at 6 p.m.
So, a long 24 minutes to wait now.

And not that this is proof or anything, but I didn't know what else to take a picture of, so here's the exterior of the building where this historic secret meeting is happening now.
It was either these steps or the Channel 4 truck, and who cares really?

1800 grant..jpeg

Hey AJ,

Will there be a web feed of your news on 6pm? I'd like to fill in the boys over at GoAZCATS. We're on pins and needles too.

This i proof that NO ONE can do anything in private anymore.... now granted the secret meeting had to be publicly disclosed.... but being able to snap a picture of where the meeting is....

This i proof that NO ONE can do anything in private anymore.... now granted the secret meeting had to be publicly disclosed.... but being able to snap a picture of where the meeting is....

Hey I took that one in person, but you could have looked it up on google earth, too. I work a couple blocks away ... drive past the building on the way home ... just seemed fitting.
FWIW, if this was a private home, and not a public office building, I wouldn't have posted it. But it's just the steps of a building anyone can drive past, many do.

secret_agent_1.gif

Except for cops.

Hey AJ,

Will there be a web feed of your news on 6pm? I'd like to fill in the boys over at GoAZCATS. We're on pins and needles too.

No worries: I'll post something when there's news. Most likely the tease said "on the 6 p.m. news" but they might not actually do anything with it until sports, which is 6:30-ISH. But hang in there: if Bohn makes a statement, it will be posted here.

My sister goes to UA. I've never been there but she seems to like it well enough though. It'll be nice to fire up a little family rivalry action though.

My sister goes to UA. I've never been there but she seems to like it well enough though. It'll be nice to fire up a little family rivalry action though.

:nod: My sister is an Arizona grad although she is a basketball fan rather than football fan. Maybe this will help her see the light that is football.

And the CU/UW games should be real interesting once we are good again.

Back