What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Regents Meeting to Discuss Move to Pac X

Sounds like we have no big announcement. Story after commercials though.

6:20 update on Channel 4 News:

paraphrase
As of right now, CU is still in the Big 12, but there is speculation the regents are discussing a move to the PAC 10.

Video showing a glimpse of regents around a conference table.

Teaser: we'll have the outcome later in the show.

6:20 update on Channel 4 News:

paraphrase

Video showing a glimpse of regents around a conference table.

Teaser: we'll have the outcome later in the show.

Gave us nothing. Just said they are meeting to discuss their legal options.

Vic Lombardi having to stick his opinion in: "they should take a look at the mountain west." SHUT THE **** UP!! Jesus, what is wrong with our local media, are they ****ing retarded?

Yes, the local media is retarded and mostly thrives off of trying to tear down CU, rather then build us up.

This is getting tough to take, I've got a major case of Pac 10 blue balls.

I'll be back in 5 minutes...

Yes, the local media is retarded and mostly thrives off of trying to tear down CU, rather then build us up.

Yeah, I just hope the PAC 10 doesnt know that fact when it mulls over giving CU an invitation or scare them into rescinding one.

Bohls of the Austin Statesmen...

"Texas official tells me it's Pac-10's call whether to invite Baylor or Colorado, but one B12 AD: "Texas could bring SFA if it wants."

It it is the PAC's call, that should do it in our favor.

Bohls of the Austin Statesmen...

"Texas official tells me it's Pac-10's call whether to invite Baylor or Colorado, but one B12 AD: "Texas could bring SFA if it wants."

It it is the PAC's call, that should do it in our favor.

And how much do you want the bet that the "one B12 AD" is Baylor?

Vic Lombardi having to stick his opinion in: "they should take a look at the mountain west." SHUT THE **** UP!! Jesus, what is wrong with our local media, are they ****ing retarded?

Yeah, I flipped off the TV when he said that. I am SO going to write management and tell them his editorial opinion is not welcome.

And how much do you want the bet that the "one B12 AD" is Baylor?

You might be on to something. This showed up on a Baylor board tonight...

A T-sip buddy of mine just took a call from James Street, who was in a meeting with Mac and Buschamp. Allegedly Ken Starr called Mac directly and told him that if he wanted Baylor included, Baylor would go. Starr pretty much told Mac that they have the Pac 10 by the nuts and could even ask A&M Consolidated to be included and they would be.

I'm just considering the source at the moment, but that might explain the sudden news....

I guess the bit about A&M Consolidated shows Starr has a sense of humor....something sorely lacking in BU Administration.

Starr tells Mack to sic 'em

The question is, why would UT want to tell the Pac-10 to bring Baylor instead of CU, when UT is all about doing this for the money, and the money is going to come from bringing CU. I think the Baptist Bears are deluding themselves...

Sorry, but I can't believe anything when the sole source of scoop is either UT fans or Baylor fans.

Not in any type of reality I can recognize.

Saw this on the baylor board now

Meanwhile, Chip Brown just finished an interview with a radio station in Eugene, where he said Colorado had called a press conference for in the morning to announce they have been offered and accepted an invitation into the PAC 10.

Edit -
Ringo tweeted that
Smoke but no fire here. No pending announcements. Basically administrators got advice from their lawyers about different scenarios.

Muck the mutes? nah. Mutilate the mutes? nah. KILL the mutes!

:smile2:

It isn't fun until we fire Hawk though.

Dawgs Rule:thumbsup: I'll root for CU against anyone other than UW.

Anyway...

We'll just send Hawk or Willingham to UCLA once Ricky gets them sanctioned.:lol:

Smoke but no fire here. No pending announcements. Basically administrators got advice from their lawyers about different scenarios.

Lawyers, eh? UT President William "Enron" Powers is a lawyer. So is Baylor President Kenneth "Stained Dress" Starr.

So is the prevailing logic that we have an informal invite from Pac 10 that will become formal once Nebraska goes to Big 10, and the Regents basically gave Bohn the power to accept the formal invite on the spot and the formal vote (to accept) would occur later?

So is the prevailing logic that we have an informal invite from Pac 10 that will become formal once Nebraska goes to Big 10, and the Regents basically gave Bohn the power to accept the formal invite on the spot and the formal vote (to accept) would occur later?

I think it's the university president that has to sign off on these kind of things, along with the board of regents. I think Bohn was included yesterday to make sure they were getting input and covering their bases.

I think it's the university president that has to sign off on these kind of things, along with the board of regents. I think Bohn was included yesterday to make sure they were getting input and covering their bases.
It seemed as though the 1995 vote to say "No" to Pac 10 strictly came down to a Regents vote... I suppose it's a foregone conclusion we would accept if invited, I'm just hoping CU is proactive enough to be able to move as soon (if) we are invited, as opposed to having to say, "Thanks for the invite, we need to have a meeting and a vote and everything before we accept," further milking the clock...

Back