What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Regents turn down Rick George's request to forgive AD debt

You know what? I'm frustrated by the lack of information on the state of the AD. Where are we? What are we doing about it? What is the university administration doing to support athletics? What are the short and long term goals and plans? What are donors doing and saying? The perception in the media, for sure, is that the university does not support athletics. While I've been hopeful that isn't true, I am now beginning to wonder. Rick George, early on, and this is just my perception, is much less "public" than Mike Bohn was. And I'm fine with that because I felt like Mike was more talk than action. But, man, I'm frustrated.

So what you are saying is you miss the good old days when the AD would lie to you and tell you everything was going great. Rick George has only been on the job for a short amount of time and is trying to get his arms around the problem - don't you think his plan would be different if part or all of the debt would be forgiven. He is in the process of formulating the plan and he will be very open with things once they have them better defined. Remember there is a cultural shift going on within the AD and it will not happen over night.

I have an opinion here, does anybody with half a brain cell working want to hear it?

[h=2]Egocentric Behavior[/h]Children in the preoperational stage may display signs of egocentrism. Toddlers are notorious for thinking that the world revolves around them, and it's because they are unable to see situations from any view but their own. Many toddlers and young preschoolers simply haven't grasped the concept of another person's point of view, and this may make them seem demanding to parents or other adults. If your toddler walks up and takes a toy that his sister is playing with, it may appear that this is mean or bullying behavior. From your toddler's perspective, this behavior is justified simply because he wants the toy, and he has no awareness that his sister's feelings are hurt. Children typically display less egocentric behavior as they approach elementary school age and begin to learn sharing and compassion.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/2...development-of-early-childhood/#ixzz2fMmHNr6G

Remember that first Cal road game. It looked like there were as many Buff Fans there as Cal Fans. Then Hawk took the field and laid an egg so big it tested the refurbished stadiums stress limits. Every one of thoes people cared enough to give up a weekend and travel to watch their team. They got laughed at and pitied as a result. Thanks Hawk and Bohn and Destiff and Benson. Glad you made that last extension so you could alienate a stadium filled with people who cared!​

Remember that first Cal road game. It looked like there were as many Buff Fans there as Cal Fans. Then Hawk took the field and laid an egg so big it tested the refurbished stadiums stress limits. Every one of thoes people cared enough to give up a weekend and travel to watch their team. They got laughed at and pitied as a result. Thanks Hawk and Bohn and Destiff and Benson. Glad you made that last extension so you could alienate a stadium filled with people who cared!

That was an unmitigated disaster. The game followed a Buff Stampede weeklong tour of the state to rally CU supporters which climaxed with that game. And we sent out a team with an offense so ill-prepared that it didn't have a silent snap count in its bag of tricks.

That was an unmitigated disaster. The game followed a Buff Stampede weeklong tour of the state to rally CU supporters which climaxed with that game. And we sent out a team with an offense so ill-prepared that it didn't have a silent snap count in its bag of tricks.

it was awful. living in the land of cal grads, it was particularly painful.

we've had so many epic bad performances on the field in the last few years, but this one really sticks out for me. bohn and the cu administrators looked like they were eating **** sandwiches by the 2nd quarter. i went through a bottle of maker's in pre-game, suspecting what was coming.

by the middle of the 3rd quarter, i was at a cal alum's old frat house drinking ****ty keg beer out of a red plastic cup and wishing i could projectile vomit on hawkins.

gawd, i hate that guy.

Hawkins never should have been allowed on the plane home. He should have been fired on the spot. Right there, on the sideline. Bohn should have walked out there, grabbed Cabral by the shirt, told him the show is his for the rest of the season, and told Hawkins to find his own way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rick George: Hey Phil, what do you think the chances are this AD debt can be relieved?
Phil DiStefano: Not going to happen.
RG: What is the harm in asking? You never get to "yes" if you don't try.
PD: Listen. The university really puckered up when we approved your contract. Frankly, I'm disappointed that you aren't out raising money. Stop already with the debt relief talk.
RG: If you want me to run this like a business, then I am going to explore every option, including debt relief.
PD: If we were interested in debt relief, it would have been cheaper to keep Mike Bohn around. He also thought the university was the AD's personal bank. Look where that got him.
RG: What if...what if I just floated the idea with Benson and the regents?
PD: Hell no.
RG: I'm going over your short little bald head. Everything they said about you was true.

RG: Hey regents. How about forgiving the AD's debt.
Regents: Hell no. The voters of colorado wouldn't approve.
RG: Furk.

So what you are saying is you miss the good old days when the AD would lie to you and tell you everything was going great. Rick George has only been on the job for a short amount of time and is trying to get his arms around the problem - don't you think his plan would be different if part or all of the debt would be forgiven. He is in the process of formulating the plan and he will be very open with things once they have them better defined. Remember there is a cultural shift going on within the AD and it will not happen over night.
Despite how my post may have come across, I have great confidence in Rick George. I am just impatient and anxious for a bit of good news.

I have an opinion here, does anybody with half a brain cell working want to hear it?
eminemhigh.gif

Last edited:
Back