What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU scored less than 50 points at .72 ppp tonight - and won. Welcome to #tadball

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
It's ugly, but I can't think of a type of win that makes Tad happier. Let's be honest. Our boy wishes he was the Nick Saban of basketball :lol:. #rolltadball - it's no mistake that quite a few of our biggest wins have happened like this.

They said on the radio that its the lowest scoring CU win in the shot clock era. The first Buff win scoring under 50 since 1967 is what I think I heard.

It's ugly, but I can't think of a type of win that makes Tad happier. Let's be honest. Our boy wishes he was the Nick Saban of basketball :lol:. #rolltadball - it's no mistake that quite a few of our biggest wins have happened like this.

I see it a little differently.

Tad definitely loves his defense. But I strongly believe he would love to see a deep bench that would allow him to turn up the pressure even more and get out running a lot. I think Tad's ideal basketball would be if we could look like Norm Richardson's "40 Minutes of Hell" teams. They owned the glass, forced tons of turnovers, fed the post, ran a fast-paced offense and wore teams into the ground. That's what we're building toward.

Tad definitely loves his defense. But I strongly believe he would love to see a deep bench that would allow him to turn up the pressure even more and get out running a lot. I think Tad's ideal basketball would be if we could look like Norm Richardson's "40 Minutes of Hell" teams. They owned the glass, forced tons of turnovers, fed the post, ran a fast-paced offense and wore teams into the ground. That's what we're building toward.

That's defense masquerading as offense. Our halfcourt offense will never be pretty under Tad - unless we get a bunch of guys like Cory and Alec again. Which I don't see happening under Tad.

I think I have even heard tad say that before. We are getting there. However he is defense first. Defense wins championships (see pac-12 tournament 2012)

That's defense masquerading as offense. Our halfcourt offense will never be pretty under Tad - unless we get a bunch of guys like Cory and Alec again. Which I don't see happening under Tad.

Fair enough. I'll take that and love it, though. Defense don't slump. So in years we don't have NBA-level offensive talent we'll be a tourney team that doesn't advance much (like Turgeon's aTm teams). But when we do have those Burks types, we'll be a threat to go deep.

Fair enough. I'll take that and love it, though. Defense don't slump. So in years we don't have NBA-level offensive talent we'll be a tourney team that doesn't advance much (like Turgeon's aTm teams). But when we do have those Burks types, we'll be a threat to go deep.
and no one will want to play us. Ever. I like that. I'm containing my excitement for next year. Barely.

And to think, that would've been a typical Big 10 game. I feel bad for Wisconsin fans. Kind of.

Interesting thing. Tad emptied the bench against Utah and brought us back using full court pressure. That's something he had never done before. We also saw a few traps and double teams tonight away from the basket. The transition is happening. Weirdly, it's being fueled by Talton's maturity. Look out P12.

Ya our bench still sucks but at least Talton and Adams actually gave us some quality minutes. Talton was money on defense

and no one will want to play us. Ever. I like that. I'm containing my excitement for next year. Barely.
Next year? **** I barely have it contained for next week lol. They showed a lot of growth tonight as a whole. We got contributions from almost our entire bench. Maybe not in points but in solid minutes. The ground out a win for the full 40 as a team. If they can learn to do that every game then this team may just have what it takes to make some noise in march. Would love to see the team start an upward climb from this point on. Maybe tonight was our light bulb game?

Next year? **** I barely have it contained for next week lol. They showed a lot of growth tonight as a whole. We got contributions from almost our entire bench. Maybe not in points but in solid minutes. The ground out a win for the full 40 as a team. If they can learn to do that every game then this team may just have what it takes to make some noise in march. Would love to see the team start an upward climb from this point on. Maybe tonight was our light bulb game?
nah. we got lucky against a hobbled Oregon team. However, we saw what is possible with a bench that contributes quality defensive minutes. Next year, Tad should have an embarrassment of talent. Most offensive talent he's had since his first year here. + 4 years of him instilling his defensive philosophy. be excited.

nah. we got lucky against a hobbled Oregon team. However, we saw what is possible with a bench that contributes quality defensive minutes. Next year, Tad should have an embarrassment of talent. Most offensive talent he's had since his first year here. + 4 years of him instilling his defensive philosophy. be excited.

Idk that hunger and poise I saw out of them the last 8-10 minutes showed me something other than just luck.

We better get some contributions in the paint next year. Scott isn't necessarily a low post defender/rebounder and Roberson is well... weird. Oregon had wayyy too many 2nd and 3rd chances tonight

We better get some contributions in the paint next year. Scott isn't necessarily a low post defender/rebounder and Roberson is well... weird. Oregon had wayyy too many 2nd and 3rd chances tonight

You just need to picture X and Wes after a year in the weight room.

That Iranian dude was ****ing a bastard to deal with. Makes me think of how irritated Dre must make other teams :lol:

If they can pull that off, they will be absolute hell to play at altitude.

This offense looks so much different with a legitimate threat on the perimeter. Jelly isn't advanced enough yet to deal well with teams packing the paint, and honestly neither is Dre. If we can keep playing like this on d, and get Ski, or Dinwiddie, or maybe even XJ to provide a perimeter threat, things could get very interesting.

You just need to picture X and Wes after a year in the weight room.

Ya I was just saying how X still seems "pudgy" but I'm not really counting on Wes cuz he hasn't shown anything (obviously) and academics seem like an issue

Ya I was just saying how X still seems "pudgy" but I'm not really counting on Wes cuz he hasn't shown anything (obviously) and academics seem like an issue
smart. however, Jenkins providing a midgame next year is gonna be very helpful. Not to mention whatever thomas brings (we know he can shoot)

They said on the radio that its the lowest scoring CU win in the shot clock era. The first Buff win scoring under 50 since 1967 is what I think I heard.

AND we did have a win scoring exactly 50 this year as well (50-43 at Fresno State)

:yeahthat: Next year it is! Lots depth and talent that should be able to consistently score. This is still a very, very young team.

It was bad offense but it wasn't quite that bad. It was actually .89 ppp on 54 possessions (season low on possessions). 4th lowest on the season on ppp, the KU game (.75 ppp), Fresno St (.83 ppp) and the UW game (.86 ppp) were all lower.

It was bad offense but it wasn't quite that bad. It was actually .89 ppp on 54 possessions (season low on possessions). 4th lowest on the season on ppp, the KU game (.75 ppp), Fresno St (.83 ppp) and the UW game (.86 ppp) were all lower.
thank you for your revised and accurate numbers. I was guessing and drunk and twitter lied.

I hope we start playing up tempo and press. Utah couldn't hardly get the ball past half court when they started doing it, even a 10 count which u hardly see these days. Guys like Dre and X would be hard to mess with, they have long ass arms and are active. Have to pick their spots to play like that, I don't think we have the talent for that yet and not alot of depth. Adams and Talton both had good games last night so that was a bonus.

I hope we start playing up tempo and press. Utah couldn't hardly get the ball past half court when they started doing it, even a 10 count which u hardly see these days. Guys like Dre and X would be hard to mess with, they have long ass arms and are active. Have to pick their spots to play like that, I don't think we have the talent for that yet and not alot of depth. Adams and Talton both had good games last night so that was a bonus.

I hate to be the guy that questions everything that Tad does and think that I know more. But why they didn't pressure Lloyd last night full court I don't get, a backup PG with a big wrap on one hand seems to cry out for putting full court pressure on him.

There were some crazy line-ups last night, but that lineup with Talton, Adams, Dinwiddie, Dre and Scott was pretty nice. Talton and Adams looked really comfortable and confident last night.

I hate to be the guy that questions everything that Tad does and think that I know more. But why they didn't pressure Lloyd last night full court I don't get, a backup PG with a big wrap on one hand seems to cry out for putting full court pressure on him.

There were some crazy line-ups last night, but that lineup with Talton, Adams, Dinwiddie, Dre and Scott was pretty nice. Talton and Adams looked really comfortable and confident last night.

You know what I'd like to see? Press and trap when the reserves come in. Talton, Adams, Chen, Eli and Shane is not a lineup that's going to do much against good competition if you play it straight. But they all play good defense. Why not give them the expectation that they come in and give us a 2- or 3- minute block together each half to go super high energy and try to force some turnovers and get us transition points? If they end up fouling, we don't care, so they can be hyper-aggressive. Then, if any of them has it going individually he can earn extra minutes that night.

Dana Altman saying how he was disappointed in Oregon defense. Did he expect us to score 35 points? Absurd statement from the losing coach. Awesome!

Talton and Adams played great defense. Haven't had the bench step up like that in a while. I don't see Stalzer getting many minutes if Talton continues to play that aggressive.

Back