What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU sending Top 50 Student Fans to the Pac-12 Tournament

For a free trip to the tournament, I'd root for the ladies, too. This is such an incredibly awesome deal. I couldn't be prouder of our athletic department.

They asked the band too, it may change either the plane size, or the amount of busses once in LA. Not really sure.

Probably need to get the weight right for fuel costs on the charter

My buddy made all but the first game and he got his invite - just needs to get his schedule cleared from his ROTC command. Not being a student this year I missed out... Still going though - already got the plane tickets bought.

Pulling for him, but good luck with that.

I'm INCREDIBLY glad to see that in there. The women are struggling right now and could really use our support.

The women can definitely use some love right now from the fans. Since CU is drawing the second highest number of fans (behind Stanford) to women's games, they can use some support at the tourney where many of the regular season ticket holding fans will not be. The Pac 12 is nothing like the Big 12 when it comes to the women's side. CU's attendance was near the bottom in the Big 12.

The women can definitely use some love right now from the fans. Since CU is drawing the second highest number of fans (behind Stanford) to women's games, they can use some support at the tourney where many of the regular season ticket holding fans will not be. The Pac 12 is nothing like the Big 12 when it comes to the women's side. CU's attendance was near the bottom in the Big 12.

I'm very surprised to hear that Big XII women's BB attendance tended to be higher than the Pac's.

What else are you going to do in Waco?
During the pac12 expansion/Baylor fiasco, a friend of mine from Texas (failed out of CU frosh year), sent me a message saying "You were lucky to get in ahead of Baylor, Waco is a fun town."

True story.

I'm very surprised to hear that Big XII women's BB attendance tended to be higher than the Pac's.
The figures are nowhere close between the 2 leagues. For the 2011 season, 8 of the Big 12 WBB teams were in the top 25 in average home game attendance... ranging from ISU at #4 with a 9,370 average down to KSU at #24 with a 4,068 average. Only 1 of last seasons Pac10 WBB teams was in the top 25 .... Stanford at #17 with a 4,839 average. Looking at the low end, in the Big 12 MU was the lowest, at #92, with average home attendance of 1,539 where the worst of the Pac10 was WSU, at #222, with an average attendance of 608.

The figures are nowhere close between the 2 leagues. For the 2011 season, 8 of the Big 12 WBB teams were in the top 25 in average home game attendance... ranging from ISU at #4 with a 9,370 average down to KSU at #24 with a 4,068 average. Only 1 of last seasons Pac10 WBB teams was in the top 25 .... Stanford at #17 with a 4,839 average. Looking at the low end, in the Big 12 MU was the lowest, at #92, with average home attendance of 1,539 where the worst of the Pac10 was WSU, at #222, with an average attendance of 608.
Some interesting dynamics there. I've been to Aimes and the Little Apple a few times and the only thing to look forward to in either place is local athletics; unless you count the GI vs fratboy fights in Manhattan on Friday night.

This is great way to build brand equity between the program and future alumns. It also should make the atmosphere at the Staples Center a little more hospitable and may help to increace student turnout at games next year and judging by the reaction in this thread it provides some positive PR for the program and athletic department.

For a free trip to the tournament, I'd root for the ladies, too. This is such an incredibly awesome deal. I couldn't be prouder of our athletic department.

I would have been willing to commit to not missing a class for an entire week for that kind of deal when I was in school - not to mention attending sporting events!

I have been hyping this up with some of my friends in the LA area. Really hope that the buzz this has generated is a magnet for our CA Buff fan base and gets a good local draw as well. I wish I had more vacation time so I could get out there - next year..... stupid real world!

I would have been willing to commit to not missing a class for an entire week for that kind of deal when I was in school - not to mention attending sporting events!

I have been hyping this up with some of my friends in the LA area. Really hope that the buzz this has generated is a magnet for our CA Buff fan base and gets a good local draw as well. I wish I had more vacation time so I could get out there - next year..... stupid real world!

I am a student again next year... though I think Law School may keep me from making every game.

I am a student again next year... though I think Law School may keep me from making every game.
1L year? Ya, that might be a problem. However, the problem will almost certainly be more in your head (worrying about stuff) then any actual need to skip the game.

1L year? Ya, that might be a problem. However, the problem will almost certainly be more in your head (worrying about stuff) then any actual need to skip the game.

Listen to Snow--he's been through this before.

He's got a lot of experience with problems in his head.

My biggest problem with 1L year was the problems in the other 1Ls heads.

Good that I don't care about other people or allow myself to worry about stuff that is really unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Instead I worry about whether the Buffs will win the Pac 12, get in the Dance, or get stuck with another year of NIT - more home games!

Good that I don't care about other people or allow myself to worry about stuff that is really unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Instead I worry about whether the Buffs will win the Pac 12, get in the Dance, or get stuck with another year of NIT - more home games!

You'll make a fine lawyer.

Hah. Right. Get ready for High School with alcohol on campus (well, more alcohol). Since you are going to CU law, I'm happy to give you advice if you want it. Drop me a PM for the scoop.

You'll make a fine lawyer.
It is a start. And **** you.

Hah. Right. Get ready for High School with alcohol on campus (well, more alcohol). Since you are going to CU law, I'm happy to give you advice if you want it. Drop me a PM for the scoop.

:this:

Buy a good backpack, a comfortable hoodie, and a lot of cheap tequila. You're going to need them.

Make friends with a very irresponsible and insane undergrad and your life will definitely improve.

Back