What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Soccer v CSU & CC in Colorado Cup

Great Buff shot, but goalie just got enough of it so it hit the outside of the post for a corner kick.

GOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hooks! EDIT- Goal later changed to Evans.)

Last edited:
Looks like we're going overtime. Good test of conditioning to start the year. (And, the videos stopped for me again.)

Assuming Gametracker is accurate, Buffs leading in total shots 21-8 and shots on goal 7-1. (Buffs goalie not showing as having made a save yet through regulation time. CSU goalie with 3 saves in both halves.)

Last edited:
Can't remember what the overtime rules are? Is it 2 10 minute periods?

Anyways, at least from whatever can be gleamed from gametracker, looks like the Buffs have been on offense almost the whole time through the 1st 10 minutes of OT, with 3 shots (2 on goal) vs. 0 for the Rams.

Can't remember what the overtime rules are? Is it 2 10 minute periods?

Anyways, looks like the Buffs have been on offense almost the whole time through the 1st 10 minutes of OT, with 3 shots (2 on goal) vs. 0 for the Rams.
Good question, I think that it is two 10 minute periods

I guess getting a late goal makes a tie a decent result, but on the other hand out shooting the other team by a wide margin (24-8) and getting a tie can't be THAT satisfying. Well, Buffs just need to get some rest and come back strong against Colorado College Sunday.

As an aside, hope the CU video and media folk, after this match, are double and triple checking everything for THEIR Sunday's match coverage at Prentup. Having video MAYBE for 15 minutes of action out of 110 minutes played, and live stats not working until halftime, definitely shows the Ram team definitely is still "working out the kinks" early in the pre-season.

Edit- One other thing I wanted to mention is that, going into the year, the big question mark seemed to be the defense, with 3 out of 4 back line starters having graduated. With only one shot on goal, which unfortunately went in, sounds like the D may have done a good job. (It will be interesting to see, if there is one, the highlight of the CSU goal to see what caused it.)

Last edited:
I didn't get to see much of the match at all, but the end result is still better than a loss

1-1, that's soccer. Don't know how many times I've watched very dominant teams draw or even lose 0-1.

As with everything CSU vs the Buffs, this was their World Cup final. Especially with Hempstead as their coach! For the Buffs, just another game,

1-1, that's soccer. Don't know how many times I've watched very dominant teams draw or even lose 0-1.

As with everything CSU vs the Buffs, this was their World Cup final. Especially with Hempstead as their coach! For the Buffs, just another game,
yes and no.... Its hard to say who dominated, based solely on shots... a bunch of the shots could have been weak dribblers right at the keeper or the keeper stood on her head and salvaged a point for CSU. Since none of us saw it, its hard to pinpoint.

Back