What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Stanford Saturday, Jan 14th 1pm PST ROLL CALL!

Turned off the game so I don't have to go buy a new phone and/or TV. Pathetic excuse of a team showed up today.

Boyle's offensive coaching has not been the best on this road trip. I cannot believe he is asking sht to do what sht has attempted to do in this game.

Brown having a bad game, no defense from the entire team. From 42-42 to 61-45 in a flash. Thought this team would make some noise in a weak pac 12 but they look like the same weak road team we've become accustomed to.

Well... can't say I'm surprised, back to being focused on the NIT unless we can sweep our home games. Gotta take care of the Zona schools next week.

This was the toughest road trip. Glad we got it out of the way early.

Let's hope this performance is a wake up call the same way the Wyoming loss was.

This is ****ing embarrassing. Now we have to sit on this nauseating abomination for 5 days until our next game. Sickening. Many mediocre teams are able to win on the road, why is CU incapable of winning road games?

**** this. **** furd. **** SHT. **** Carlon. **** Spencer. **** Ski. **** the refs. **** California. **** road struggles.

Alright, not wasting my birthday with this ****. The good news is we've got Arizona State next, because they're about the only Pac-12 team we could beat. It just kills me that CU is scared to play road games. I'll post some analysis later on once I've cooled off a little

The only good thing is that both Cal and Stanford have to come play against us at home. They won't be expecting a team that can actually score.

Pathetic, it was looking like cu woke up,only to have the bottom fall out. Between the cal game and this game, it's becoming clear this team is nit bound.
Even if we beat these teams I still felt we were an NIT team. That should be the goal still, but damn.

Alright, not wasting my birthday with this ****. The good news is we've got Arizona State next, because they're about the only Pac-12 team we could beat. It just kills me that CU is scared to play road games. I'll post some analysis later on once I've cooled off a little

Aside from Utah, Wazzu and U-Dub, apparently....

Some of this is Stanford having one of those days when they shoot beyond their ability. They even got some rolls on 3 pointers they back rimmed. We didn't have it today anyway, but they're playing over their heads.

The Tunks move was enough for me, I had to turn it off. My son told me, "dad ur just gonna get mad so turn it off." My eight year old teaching me today lol.

It's not the fact that we lost as much as how we lost today, got outhustled way too much. Oh well, you are gonna have days like these from time to time. Get it out of their system and move on.

Thoughts:

1. I will rep anyone who can give me a valid reason why SHT should get off the bench. Ever.
2. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. So sloppy today.
3. I know we aren't a Princeton team anymore but why can't we ever run a back door cut just once in awhile? Both Cal and Furd were playing super aggresive into the passing lanes and it seems our players have no idea how to deal with that. Guys rarely cut or even give simple ball fakes. All it takes is one or two succesful back doors to get in the defense's heads.
4. Frustrating trip but it was also the toughest one they will have to make, arguably the two best teams in the conference right now. We WILL win some road games this year.

Thoughts:

1. I will rep anyone who can give me a valid reason why SHT should get off the bench. Ever.

Games are won and lost in the paint ... and Tunks is the only center we have. No one else to put in. Pretty simple actually.

But Tunks is coming along, imo. It takes a long long time to develop post players. And I'm just thinking about all those great post players at Kansas like Collison, Oostertag, Lafrentz, Simien, etc that took until their senior years to become All Americans. Now Tunks isn't nearly the talent as the aforementioned names but by his senior year, I think Boyle will slowly prodded him into something worth feeding the ball to on the block.

I wonder what Shane's ceiling is.

I'm having trouble imagining him ever being as effective as any of the Stanford bigs we saw today and none of them are great players.

Can he be a guy who can give the team good defense, set good screens and deliver about 6 & 6 a night?

No. And I'm surprised Cain or Eckloff aren't better options. Shane is very ineffective at all sorts of ****. Very giant boulder.

Back