What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - Texas A & M on TV

No, I know how they work, I just think they are total crap when CU is playing and I am stuck watching two other Big 12 schools.

CU should be on a local channel all the time no matter what. If ESPN or some random FOX channel or whoever wants to pick it up too then let them broadcast it but there is no reason why every game can't be shown in Colorado instead of an infomercial about knives.

Because it would be a violation of the contract.

Exactly! Thus making it a ****ty contract for alumni, fans, the state of Colorado and for the school. But at least the AD gets money for it.

You know the contract is with the Big XII, right?? It wasn't negotiated with the CU AD... I agree it's stupid and sucks for CU most years, but there's really not much to blame on the CU AD here... :huh:

You know the contract is with the Big XII, right?? It wasn't negotiated with the CU AD... I agree it's stupid and sucks for CU most years, but there's really not much to blame on the CU AD here... :huh:

So the AD needs to lean on someone to get it changed so that CU is on TV in Denver instead of other Big 12 schools.

Alright, everyone already knows this but I'll put it out there just to state the obvious. Since we've established broadcasting rights for big conferences go to national, regional and satellite networks with no local viewing option. Winning seasons will take this team off FCS and get them on ABC, ESPN and FSN every week. Supply and demand.

So the AD needs to lean on someone to get it changed so that CU is on TV in Denver instead of other Big 12 schools.

The CU AD trying to lean on the Big XII at this point in time would be about as effective as an ant leaning on a bank vault door. That clause is there to protect the TV partners, is going to be tied to what they are willing to pay, and was heavily backed by the schools in the South, which is where all the power is. I loved the local broadcasts back in the day, but they are gone for good... :sad1:

The CU AD trying to lean on the Big XII at this point in time would be about as effective as an ant leaning on a bank vault door. That clause is there to protect the TV partners, is going to be tied to what they are willing to pay, and was heavily backed by the schools in the South, which is where all the power is. I loved the local broadcasts back in the day, but they are gone for good... :sad1:

Which leads me to another problem with the Big 12. It seems very Texas-centric.

I also don't understand why Kansas City can get a CCG and Denver is never mentioned for it. It wouldn't surprise me, if they announce that the new Jerry Jones Dome soon becomes the permanent home of the Big12 CCG. Either way, with that thing and that Dome in Houston, I am sure they will play 9 out 10 games in those stadiums from now on.

Back